Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anti-glare film on Glass roof?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, just got my Model S with the all-glass roof and loving the open feeling that it gives. Just one thing -- I have the ultra-white interior and combined with the dark factory tint on the roof, i'm seeing more of the inside of the car than the outside!

Has anyone ever tried applying some kind of anti-glare or anti-reflective film to the underside of the glass, kind of what they have for laptop screens? I wonder if anything exists for such a large panel, maybe they make something for retail shop windows?

it really depends on the contrast between exterior and interior light. If you have black seats and it's a sunny daytime outside it looks clear, but with the white seats the reflection never really goes away. As a driver the glass is too far back for you to notice anyways so no, it's not a distraction for the driver or front passenger. Just not as mindblowing as people make it out to be if all you see is the interior reflection.

I wish I could tell if the factory tint is removable and can be replaced with a high-quality ceramic tint for the same heat/UV rejection, it would be great to get more light (and less reflection) into the cabin.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiddler
it really depends on the contrast between exterior and interior light. If you have black seats and it's a sunny daytime outside it looks clear, but with the white seats the reflection never really goes away. As a driver the glass is too far back for you to notice anyways so no, it's not a distraction for the driver or front passenger. Just not as mindblowing as people make it out to be if all you see is the interior reflection.

I wish I could tell if the factory tint is removable and can be replaced with a high-quality ceramic tint for the same heat/UV rejection, it would be great to get more light (and less reflection) into the cabin.
Agree with this completely. I really like the all glass roof, but I wish it weren't as dark and reflective on the inside (tan seats in mine).

If someone ever tries this out, I'd be interested to see the results. It's much more of a passenger feature, so my motivation is limited.

Example of the reflections from inside on a typical day:

Attachments

• 2017-04-08 17.16.04-1.jpg
    2017-04-08 17.16.04-1.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 274
  • 2017-04-08 17.14.53.jpg
    2017-04-08 17.14.53.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 190
  • Informative
Reactions: Fiddler