Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anti-ice treatment feebdback

jmspaggi

Jan 11, 2020
Montréal - Canada
Got the treatment on the car last week, and the car was outside when we got all the freezing rain few days ago. Even with the huge big curst of ice on the car I had no issue to open the doors. I don't have another car without the treatment parked at the same place to compare, but so far did the job!

Reactions: Biscuitman

akmeikle

Jan 4, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
Quote from the interwebs
Anti-Ice Window Treatment Tesla Service offers an anti-ice window coating to help break ice buildup on windows. This is a paid procedure that can be scheduled just like any other service appointment. If you’re interested, schedule a service appointment in the Tesla app.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
Does this treatment help with keeping the door handles from freezing which means that they don't present and you can't open your door? I had this issue on a couple of the door handles on my Model S this past Sunday morning.

jmspaggi

Jan 11, 2020
Montréal - Canada
Payes just above $200. They said it's to be done every year. Not sure I will. Might every 2 years... I think they put treatement only at the bottom f the window, because he was installing tape, but I don't know which product he used :-/

Reactions: sheamurai

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC