Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anti-Tesla/EV road rage experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been driving a Model S since 2013. I can say without a doubt Tesla hate is real. Intentionally cut off many times, pysch swerves into lane, coal rolled once, wiper fluid sprayed twice... EVERY SINGLE TIME it's from pickup truck drivers; Ford F-X50's and Chevy's.

However, I picked up a used Fisker Karma last year. Night and day difference between how I am treated on the road in the Karma vs. Tesla. In the Karma instead of getting cut off; I get thumbs up from pickup drivers (who likely think it's a weird Corvette).

Obviously there is a population of IQ challenged asswipes out there who have nothing else to cling to other than their pride in being backwards and who feel very 'manly' in their growling fume filled cabins and think EV's are for quiche eating pussies...

747b43b1796dffac56d6aef8c3c1ce25--ford-models-horse-drawn.jpg

That said... "Can't we all just get along?" - Rodney King

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: wcorey
I've been driving a Model S since 2013. I can say without a doubt Tesla hate is real. Intentionally cut off many times, pysch swerves into lane, coal rolled once, wiper fluid sprayed twice... EVERY SINGLE TIME it's from pickup truck drivers; Ford F-X50's and Chevy's.

However, I picked up a used Fisker Karma last year. Night and day difference between how I am treated on the road in the Karma vs. Tesla. In the Karma instead of getting cut off; I get thumbs up from pickup drivers (who likely think it's a weird Corvette).
I find it very annoying, but I haven't had any issues since I put my plates on. Maybe they just have new car envy or know your not going to hit them because you have a new car. People don't do those stunts to me when I'm driving my 14 year old 3500 4x4 around...

Obviously there is a population of IQ challenged asswipes out there who have nothing else to cling to other than their pride in being backwards and who feel very 'manly' in their growling fume filled cabins and think EV's are for quiche eating pussies...
747b43b1796dffac56d6aef8c3c1ce25--ford-models-horse-drawn.jpg

That said... "Can't we all just get along?" - Rodney King

Well how you liking that Fisker. Interested in how you compare to your Tesla.

@wcorey Agreed on Karma - and on the video quality in general. And biggest bummer is that I could clearly see the accident but if needed I had almost nothing to offer the Subie driver because of how the front camera is so tunnel visioned. I would have stopped if the BMW dude hadn't already started to pull into the parking lot to hopefully own up and face Karma
Assuming that occurred in your backyard...driving distance wise, you could present that to the police as. I happened to record the driver's erratic behavior and give them a copy of that recording. They'll clearly know of what accident you are referring and then nail the driver for reckless driving, accident resulting. You'd be a hero[ine] Julie!

Reactions: Msjulie
Well how you liking that Fisker. Interested in how you compare to your Tesla.

Off-topic, so in short. Comparing a 2012 Fisker to a 2013 Model S really makes you appreciate how much Tesla got right at that time and how much Fisker got wrong.

I think of the Fisker as my mistress (to my S)... great looking, fun on the weekends; however totally irrational and psychotic at times, you would never think to spend your life married to it.

I've had 2 issues since purchasing my Model Y in August, 2020- one, a pickup with a heavy load of mowing equipemnt overtaking me after I pulled out into a road- ostensibly I assume he thought he was '"cut off" (he wasn't), but it took him a while to catch up and pass me while flipping me off, then almost stopping in the road in front of me and making wierd gestures. I was election day, 2020, so maybe he was upset about his preferred candidate. The second was only a day ago, while I was driving back from Atlanta to my home in North Carolina- It was a pretty busy road, I was actually going about 15 mph over the speed limit- a meduum size semi all of a sudden starts passing me on the inside turning lane (it was a 4 lane road with a center turning lane), honking horn all the time, and starts cutting back in to my lane before he cleared my car, causing me to brake and change to the outside lane very close to another car. On both occasions I was so startled by the actions of these raged up drivers that I neglected to realize that I could easily put the pedal to the metal and leave them sitting, but on reflection anyone who would be upset by the type car another drove would only have their rage increased by such a show. In our gun filled country it really is not a good idea to egg these folks on.

two lanes in each direction. Full gravel truck entering road at high rate of speed, so I start to pull over into the left lane. Truck was going much faster than I thought and actually cut so close that I had to pull over and accelerate in the paved mid section of the road and get ahead of the truck. There were no other cars on the road, visibility was great. Just a very dangerous A.H. truck driver. And I was going over the speed limit when it all happened.

Recently on 128 toward Mendocino, cars mostly pull over to let folks pass, and this was happening fine for me. Until a muscle truck decided to closely tail-gate me until car in front of me found a suitable place to pull out. At each of these occasions I left the muscle truck in the dust, until again another front car was unable to pull off, then the tail gating became even closer. Each "leaving in the dust" must have increasing aggravated the bozo. Of course, as you can predict, the bozo decided to pass 4 cars over double yellow around a blind curve. I forgot to push the save video button :rolleyes:😡😡😡:rolleyes:

Reactions: JeffnReno
So much artificial drama. Had my MSP for almost a year in San Diego and Los Angeles. Have not had any paranoid EV road rage problems. Sure there’s always the token feeble minded jerk….but I have not perceived an anti-EV experience. Then again, I drive like a gentleman, and in the last 50 years of driving, it at very least helps.

So much artificial drama. Had my MSP for almost a year in San Diego and Los Angeles. Have not had any paranoid EV road rage problems. Sure there’s always the token feeble minded jerk….but I have not perceived an anti-EV experience. Then again, I drive like a gentleman, and in the last 50 years of driving, it at very least helps.
I think it’s a lot less about your driving and more about driving in San Diego and LA. Go east for 45 minutes, then report back. 😀

• Funny