Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anti-Tesla FUD advertisement, about FSD (on NBC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was watching Meet The Press (NBC Sunday morning), when I saw a commercial showing Model 3's smashing into dummies of children at least 3 times and saying FSD was a killer and demand US Government to stop Tesla.

Finished with a telephone number (could not get in time)

Announcer (old man) did not look like Ralf Nader, but could be behind this.

I would be inclined to think the Tesla's smashing dummies was rigged, but the FUD level is off scale.

Update:
Tried different search terms, this time found the exact ad and analysis.
The vehicle does appear to be equipped with FSD Beta, or at least FSD Beta visualization, but it clearly wasn’t activated during this video.

So, yes, it was either inept usage or staged trial.

I wonder if it is time for Tesla to start advertising to counter these FUD commercials and attacks.

Update 2:
YouTuber does very safe tests with the mannequin idea, trying to see why an earlier test failed. Some surprising results (and FSD does work)

Last edited:
I found belatedly already a thread in different section (honestly did look for one)

Question remains: Should Tesla start advertising to counter these FUD attacks?
Tesla is now biggest target and human nature is people and companies will use that for political gain, no matter who unethical and immoral the method is.

Update:
Well, catching up to various Tesla news outlets (was pissed at seeing the fake results commercial, not spend as much time researching),
Dylan Loomis basically said what I am posting here too, Tesla would best to start countering all this FUD BS.

Last edited:
Today

Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) has demanded a safety advocacy group take down videos of its vehicles running over child dummies when its driver assistant system was [supposedly] engaged, calling them "defamatory" and "misleading."

Tesla might get those ads off the air, but new article will not stop the FUD this lying group spread.
Time Tesla needs to counter the hate.

...Tesla might get those ads off the air...
I don't see how the ad could be taken down, especially while we are in the age of Elon Musk's "Free Speech Absolutist."

First, it is widely documented that Tesla Collision Avoidance Technolgy can still collide with obstacles, as reported by NTSB and investigated by NHTSA and Youtuber AI Addict.

Thus far, Tesla has not duplicated the ad test: Accelerate its Tesla to the cruising set speed of 40 MPH, run through a lane setup by traffic cones on both sides,

Other tests from owners did not duplicate that scenario: No lane created by traffic cones, no acceleration to the speed of 40 MPH, and some were too poor to buy mannequins, and they had to use their own kids as crashing test objects.

When Tesla does not duplicate the test, it becomes a court of "Free Speech Absolutist" and not about evidence.