Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anti-Tesla Gibberish

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is very nice indeed jhs_7645. I'm impressed that the editors that got the syndicated content actually cared enough to start a dialog. There are quite a few factual errors as well as a strange focus in the article but it's going to be interesting to see if anything happens.

Cobos

I'm not sure it will make a difference, but I'm using this as a lesson to my kids in how we shouldn't let people in a position of influence get away with lies... very idealistic, pie-in-the-sky stuff, but hopefully something good will come of it.

@jhs_7645: Generally, these deposits are not held in escrow accounts and are not protected from a bankruptcy, they are used as working capital. I'm not familiar with interstate commerce laws and whether for some people (e.g. in your State) the deposits might have different legal protection.

I'm not familiar with other state's laws, only my own (Washington), which are that Tesla must hold my deposit in Escrow. I would imagine that *some* other states have this protection as well. My point in the message was that a blanket statement about everybody losing their deposits is incorrect. In my sample of 1, it is patently false.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting, according to this: http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/03/22/teslas-ambitions-fueled-by-customer-down-payments/ Washington is the *only* state where Tesla cannot use the deposits for working capital.

And since WA has a high level of Model S reservations, each one they deliver here out of the first 10,000 will look better for their balance books than anywhere else since they'll be able to realize the full revenue and they haven't been able to use any of the deposits so far. That's good news for the stock.

These comprehensive studies highlight the energy intensive EV manufacturing process and a U.S. electric grid system that draws nearly 50-percent of its power from coal.

Or less than 1/3, but who needs details...
A Sea Change in U.S. Generation | Energy Economics Exchange

...the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) announced that in April 2012, for the first time since EIA began collecting monthly data almost 40 years ago, generation from natural gas-fired plants was virtually equal to generation from coal-fired plants, with each fuel providing 32% of total megawatt-hours of power.

On The Table - Autoextremist.com ~ the bare-knuckled, unvarnished, high octane truth...

Peter M. DeLorenzo literally has nothing positive to say about Tesla. He ignores them when things are going fine, but when the company has some money issues, he gleefully declares the end is nigh and publishes letters to the editor with only his viewpoint to inflate his ego.

I'd rather take the opinion of Motor Trend and Monster Taijima than the so-called Autoextremist.

On The Table - Autoextremist.com ~ the bare-knuckled, unvarnished, high octane truth...

Peter M. DeLorenzo literally has nothing positive to say about Tesla. He ignores them when things are going fine, but when the company has some money issues, he gleefully declares the end is nigh and publishes letters to the editor with only his viewpoint to inflate his ego.

I'd rather take the opinion of Motor Trend and Monster Taijima than the so-called Autoextremist.

Well, somebody has to be wrong. :biggrin: