Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anti-Tesla Gibberish

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We see a version of this in many product fans. Go to any tech blog and look at how many people actively try to dissuade people from buying products from Microsoft, or Apple, or Google. Often it is clear that they have little information about the product they are denigrating. It is an interesting phenomenon

I don't get why many of the traditional car buffs are so anti-EV to the point that they wantonly spread falsehoods about the technology and the companies involved. Why do they feel so threatened?
I think it's just fear of the new - car buffs know a lot about how ICEs work and can easily talk about the tradeoffs between bore and stroke and how that affects the power delivery, etc. They are ignorant about electric motors and how different types of motors work best in different applications, battery chemistries, etc. They are scared of having to learn something new and having all their hard-won knowledge become worthless. It's kind of how I feel about IPv6 ;)

Number 2: Audi's reliability is highly questionable compared to other car manufacturers (look at edmunds.com or JD powers or any other car rating website). I question your statement about reliability.
Audi reliability is, indeed, really bad. My family's driven several, and although they drive nice, we've had to replace the brake calipers (!!!) in most of them, among other expensive repairs. Two of them had electronics which go crazy in the fog. Et cetera.

I agree people fear the unknown. I'm as guily as anyone else. I can tell you that I had slammed apple products for years due to security issues, but I got an iPhone recently and it made my droid and blackberry look like garbage.

In terms of EVs, that was dead wrong what the Coda salesman said. I can't blame him/her for trying to get a sale, but going negative against other manufacturers is wrong. That turned me off from Coda

4. If the author had done even 5 minutes of research, they could have found out for themselves about the Audi e-tron and Model S. The Model S beats the Audi in almost every category, except pure range since you can go to a gas station and fill up the Audi.

Let's assume for a moment it's not a concept car, it has been through EPA testing, it gets 50+ mpg, and it has Jetson technology compacting the gasoline so that it holds 100 gallons in a traditional sized tank.

It's still not infinite range.

We see a version of this in many product fans. Go to any tech blog and look at how many people actively try to dissuade people from buying products from Microsoft, or Apple, or Google. Often it is clear that they have little information about the product they are denigrating. It is an interesting phenomenon

The last bastion of a losing position is deception.

I stopped using Microsoft in 1991 because I got tired of two restore-from-tape per week. I switched to Unix. I've felt no need to go back.
21 year grudge. Ouch. Some of our forum members are younger than that...

[Sequential posts merged by moderator to minimize the number of off-topic postings - Doug_G]

Last edited by a moderator:

Back to the article. It holds 95% Audi marketing information. On Tesla's side, only negative information gets mentioned. Anyone reading this can make up his mind on his/her own if he is reading a balanced article or not, regardless of the items compared. No need to contribute good facts for Tesla/bad facts for Audi here to make it "a fair comparison" since it never was meant to be one.

Edit: I read it once more and a "would you join a visitor survey" popped up. Great! I provided some feedback.

Last edited:
It's a sign that things are currently relaxing regarding Tesla now that we are getting close to production and it looks like it will happen. Maybe even evchels will stop calling Elon a "showman" without as much "substance". (Source on request.)

Congrats to all who responded on the autospies site to that article. Reading it and the comments right now I conclude that it is clearly a press release being messily re-published by an unsophisticated user, and that only a small minority agree with it's opinion, that small minority revert very quickly to name calling and swearing while the majority in support of the Model S substantiate their comments with facts. I wonder if Audi didn't "encourage" him to write this.

This is how these kinds of articles should be handled. Well done to all concerned.

Latest disinformation on Tesla

I'm still amazed at the disinformation that will be spread by short sellers and analysts with a negative opinion on a stock. Here's the latest on TSLA:

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/tesla-model-s-may-not-outlive-hype-and-4-more-new-analyst-insights.html/?ref=YF

Exactly which Tesla "dealer" did he talk to? Tesla's warranty doesn't cover the natural degradation of the battery? Unlike, of course, all other auto manufacturers who cover the natural wear on items like tires?

Sigh..... I'm so excited about my test drive on Saturday!

Mitchell

Unlike, of course, all other auto manufacturers who cover the natural wear on items like tires?
Or Engines...

One thing that makes articles like this possible is unknowns. Unknowns are plentiful in Tesla's case. Skepticism is there, you can feel it.

Tesla will have answers to all unknowns tomorrow. They will become facts.

Then, we will discussing facts. This kind of articles will not be possible, the author would be discredited right away.

Tomorrow is that day.