TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anti-Tesla Gibberish

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by bonnie, Apr 22, 2012.

1. widodh

widodh Model S 85 and 100D

2. YoungStranger

YoungStranger Member

forbes

Rather than sue or add to comments (who ever takes note of trolls!), someone should just write a rational evidence based letter to the managing editor pointing out the fallicies. A challenge from his boss or the board might just keep the columnist on his toes. All these terrible articles are really a failure of editorial control and will damage the Forbes (or other similar journals) brand.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

They need a better disclaimer on their website then. It looks like an investor website so you'd hope the people writing have some expertise in the area or that things were checked by an editor.

4. GSP

GSP Member

What an extraordinarily poorly reasearched and poorly written article. Given today's standards, it isn't easy to be bad enough to be considered extraordinarily bad, but the author succeeds at this brilliantly!

GSP

5. tander

tander Active Member

SA can be a useful tool with insightful articles, but a lot of the authors claim to have some kind of "expertise" but don't have any background in business/finance/investing and the volume of low quality articles is climbing. There are authors that are "seeking alpha certified" that generally provide higher quality stuff. That said, there are a handful of authors without any expertise that still provide some insight.

6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Robert's pretty good at this, IIRC.

7. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

I try to stay close to energy issues, not manufacturing/foreign trade/etc.

8. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Some B-skool wanabes there!

9. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

10. richkae

richkae VIN587

11. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

I imagine Petersen is giddy, but I won't read his stuff anymore. Big losses, Tesla says it's managing for lowest cash flow and I'm sure he'll point back to his claim Tesla would have to point out an "ongoing concern" (never mind that's a legal term), he'll point out he called Tesla's need to raise more capital (never mind they don't need it exactly). Etc.

12. tander

tander Active Member

Hopefully those of us who actually have the background balance them out!

13. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

http://www.evinsights.com/

About this Petersen says,
    I have not listened or read. Have also stopped commenting on his posts. His writings while clever, are just sad.

14. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

How can it be worse than expected? He forecast it would be so bad that Tesla would be out of cash and he stated several times in different places that there would be a rights issue or some source of new funding announced as an absolute necessity. He should be eating humble pie, but instead.....:rolleyes:

15. bonnie

bonnie I play a nice person on twitter.

Ignorant has no limits. I've been staying away from his blogs because the illogical path he follows is difficult to not correct. I think he likes seeing all the comments, the sheer number make him feel important. So I stay away.

something is wrong.png

16. mulder1231

mulder1231 Active Member

What if instead we would just all compliment him on a great article, and there would be no comments critical of him or questioning his motivation? It would probably take the fun out of it for him and he would stop writing them...

17. bonnie

bonnie I play a nice person on twitter.

That would still increase his comment count.

18. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

And it hasn't slowed him down on the Axion Concentrator cheer leading threads.

19. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

We could do it as one comment.

Listing all the names of the people who agree with him:

20. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

What's the point? He'll simply call us the "blind followers of St. Elon of Palo Alto" and have a laugh at our expense...