Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anticipation: What Accessories Did You Buy Before Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up getting:
Tasmanian floor mats and seat backs for second row
Screen protector
14-50 charging setup
500 GB solid state HD
Mini trash can
Now looking at rims... either the Replika R241 or the EV01+ and then tires for those

I did an accessories video on the stuff I have !

+1 to Tesmanian floor mats. I also got the rear protectors and it helps alot

Dont forget no spare tire in the tesla so you need something in case you get a flat and don't have a way to call AAA

Hockey pucks so you can jack up your car properly as well

New York makes us put our registration and inspection stickers on the front windshield. I'd rather not muck it up with the adhesive they use. Anyone have any ideas for that? I've seen a few sleeves on Amazon, but they don't really impress.

This is what I use for my registration sticker and EZTag. Makes it very easy to move them to a new windshield if windshield needs to be replaced.

Grafix Clear, 9 x 12” Sheets, Pack of 6, Static Film, Create Your Own Window Clings and Temporary Decorations, Just Stick to Any Glass, Acrylic, or Glossy Surface, 6 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002J6CO9...abc_8G2ZJJPVW5AR6BK8RCNK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Apathy
This is what I use for my registration sticker and EZTag. Makes it very easy to move them to a new windshield if windshield needs to be replaced.

Grafix Clear, 9 x 12” Sheets, Pack of 6, Static Film, Create Your Own Window Clings and Temporary Decorations, Just Stick to Any Glass, Acrylic, or Glossy Surface, 6 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002J6CO9...abc_8G2ZJJPVW5AR6BK8RCNK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you. I was looking at that kinda stuff on Amazon. Wasn't sure how effective it was. I'll give it a try.

Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector [Glas.tR EZ FIT] designed for Tesla Model 3 / Y Dashboard Touchscreen - Matte/Anti Glare/Anti Finger Print https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084BNC3F...abc_QSFJ3TTDERVFJ5N4WX28?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Spigen OneTap Designed for Tesla MagSafe Car Mount Compatible with Model 3 / Y / S (2021) / X (2021) Ford Mustang Mach-E Compatible with iPhone 13 Pro Max 13/13 Pro 13 Mini/ 12 Series https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CG4BZG...abc_ATWYTHENK96J9VFRW4M2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Do U have that Spigen onetap mount? Does the arm swing 360° so you can hide the arm behind the screen? Car to share some IRL pix?

Just cancelled our model X refresh order due to the disappointing EPA range estimates. Ordered a MYP, EDD end of JAN-FEB. I’m a pre planner but here is what I ordered.
- Spigen matte screen protector
- Mudflaps front and back
- Michelin Pilot Sport AS tires from Discount Tire, will swap right away
- LEDs to replace stock door lights
- Vivvid matte carbon fiber from amazing so I can wrap the wood trim (I wrapped my 3 and X in past already)
- Already talked to a guy to do a full XPEL stealth plus ceramic and tinting right after delivery

Last edited:
I also purchased replacement LED puddle lights...but haven't installed them after reading threads like this: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/tesla-claims-warranty-is-void-due-to-aftermarket-puddle-lights.236475/ . Some haven't had any issues, but for others it results in the window not going down/up when the door is open/closed as it should, and a broken window.

Oh yeah for sure, I saw this in the past but had them in my 3 and X anyways, they make a huge difference in providing better visibility, esp if you have young kids. Also I kept the old ones, I could always swap out if there there were any issues… but service never made any issue of it.

Also forgot to mention, roof rack plus Yakima grand touring 16 as the last item to do

Here are my accessories:
$500 Tesla Wall Connector (or NEMO 14-50 adapter or whatever) Charing at home is priceless.
$42 Samsung USB Drives for Dashcam and Music. For $45x2, I would get the Tesla USB Drives for the fun of it
$250 Tesmanian Floor mats, rear and frunk.
$10 USB-C to Lightning Phone charging cable - Wireless requires me to take off the case and is flakey.
$15 Cup holder liners
$15 Window Squeegee because you had no idea how much you cleaned your windows at the gas station
$100 GP-Xtreme Tesla Changeable Logo Door Courtesy Lights LED Puddle Lights w/Tesla T Logo
$20 BMZX Charging Cable Organizer

Last edited:
Reactions: mrwug
$500 Tesla wall charger (I got one through my PUD as well but decided to go with Tesla)
$200 Tuxmat front and rear set
$40 Rear cargo mat (I don't know the brand, it was used from same person I got the Gemini's)
$1900 Gemini 19" OEM wheels/tires/covers/tpms (used)
$65 Juowa 480 charging phone mount
$35 Juowa center tray organizer
$25 Juowa cup liner
$45 Puddle lights off Ebay but now after reading a few negatives, am not likely to install them

Still pending / estimates:
Powercoating Gemini wheels ~ $500
Electrical sub panel install + charger install ~$1500
Clear bra for front ~$1000
Tint (side windows, not doing top glass, front or rear) ~ $200-300

Will shelve the 21" Uberturbines and hold them for resale purposes when I'm done with the car, or sick of seeing them take up garage space.

Reactions: mrwug
When I compared to my BMW, the BMW's vents have the air blowing back towards the rear passengers' feet. Looks like the MY vents look more like holes in the floor. Dunno for sure 'cause I'm still playing the waiting game.
Went to my local Tesla store yesterday and they actually had demo vehicles on the floor. I spent a fair bit of time checking out the console and the rear floor vents. My interest in the console was trying to figure out where trash and Kleenex would go. I think my initial iteration will have me put together a trash receptacle in the front storage area under a sliding tray and fit whatever size tissue box in the space under the armrest.

I think I've decided to get a "secret storage" compartment for the armrest and also plan to get a drawer for storage under my seat. Having looked closely at the rear floor vents, I can see how covers might be desirable. My kid's high school has a 3D printing club and they'll print stuff for folks at nominal cost. I can throw a few bucks their way for the vent covers and a front passenger door lever cover when my VIN comes through.

I don't expect the VIN to be too far off as my EDD window is only 2-4 weeks out. For those who are interested, here's my current haul:
  • Center console tray: now that I have an idea of my console load-out, I scored a $5 sliding tray from Amazon
  • Tesla Mud Flaps: Not concerned so much about what looks best, just want to prevent the rear quarters from getting sandblasted
  • Micro SD & USB adapter for Dashcam: Minimal size, maximum reliability
  • Door Kicker PPF: Garage is tight on my side of the car so I tend to kick the door
  • LDCRS Floor Mats: Great value, particularly w/ early bird discount.
  • Trunk/Bumper PPF: I tend to rest stuff on the bumper as I'm loading it so protect the paint on the cheap.
  • AO Ultra-Premium Screen Protector: Anti-microbial coating and free replacement if broken.
  • Slime Tire Pump: Because flats. Have one in my current car but son will be driving too so he'll get the old one.
Not in hand but will acquire prior to delivery:
  • Garage Door Remote: Don't care about geofencing and would rather spend $300 on something else
  • Emergency Door Lever Cover: Seems like an elegant way to keep passengers from accidentally pulling the lever. Get it 3D printed on the cheap.
  • Rear Vent Cover: Nobody wants to hear Skittles rattling around. Get this 3D printed as well.
Stuff that I'll likely get but don't consider it a must-have at delivery:
  • Rear Bag Hook: Nice to keep stuff from sliding around the trunk. Won't work with rear cargo cover.
  • License Plate Mount: Only a couple places in my state enforce the front plate requirement and I don't go there very often.
  • Under-Seat Storage Tray: See what my arms-reach storage needs really are before purchasing.
  • Under-Trunk Organizer: No rush but probably good to have for larger grocery loads.
  • Armrest Secret Storage: Store stuff like work badge and parking pass here.
Stuff that I've looked at but haven't yet decided on
  • Rear Cargo Cover: Depends on visibility into trunk after tinting.
  • Cargo mats (trunk / frunk / rear well): Probably more interested in frunk/rear well to keep things from sliding around too much. Don't put that much messy stuff in rear cargo area and like the velcro blocks I currently use to help stabilize stuff there.
  • Roof Shade: See how warm it gets during spring/summer before buying. Hard to find shades matching headliner at this point in time anyway.
  • Jack Pads: Should probably get at some point just in case.
  • Jump Starter: Plan to put in frunk & have small 12V battery hidden near tow hook to open frunk.
  • 2nd Row Seat Back Mats: Don't put that much messy stuff in trunk in general, let alone big enough to fold down the seats.

One after-delivery “accessory” I bought: an extra set of garage door safety lights.

In the US, automatic garage door openers are fitted with a light beam and sensor placed at the bottom of the garage door opening. Breaking the light beam (child, pet, other object) causes a lowering garage door to stop and reverse itself to full open. With the ability for the car to open/close the garage door itself as an adjunct to the Summon feature and geofencing, it is possible to close the door onto the car since the light beam is only broken when the tires are directly in the way. To overcome this, I added a second light beam and sensor at a height equal to the height of the forward-most part of the Model 3’s front bumper. Now the light beam is interrupted whenever any part of the car is under the garage door and the door will not close on the car. The parts were about $30, easily found at both local stores that sell garage door openers and online at manufacturers’ websites. Took about 20 minutes to install (I’m slow).

Reactions: GadgetGary