Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anticipation: What Accessories Did You Buy Before Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if it's an MYP thing or not, but my MYP came with mudflaps and rear quarter PPF installed. I had purchased a set of mudflaps before taking delivery, so those became backups (I clicked on "start return" from Tesla order history page, but nothing happened. I decided to just keep them).

I bought a pile of stuff before taking delivery. A couple of things I haven't seen on this thread are under seat storage drawer, glovebox divider, and center console storage bin sliding tray.
Tesla has been providing the front mud flaps and PPF for the rear doors for Model Y deliveries in some of the northern and western states. I have not seen definitive list of which states get the mud flaps and PPF.

Tesla front mud flaps, installed at p/u to prevent damage during the 50mi drive home. Maxpider 3D front and rear floor mats. Dropped the car off 1 week after delivery to have front 1/3rd xPel PPF and whole car ceramic coated as well as xPel window film to reject heat.

Purchased so far:
Tesla Key fob
256gb High endurance microSD and usb reader for sentry mode
Gemini wheel cap kit
14-50 adapter
Tesla trays
Tesla cord organizer
MagSafe phone mount
Roof shade
Windshield sun shade
Used homelink module

Still researching:
floor mats
Mud flaps
Rear trunk mat

OEM Mud flaps.

Charging cable wall holder.

Spare mobile connector with Nema 14-50 connector. Had electrician install the 14-50 outlet up using a 60 amp breaker and appropriate wiring in case I ever upgrade to Tesla wall charger.

CDEBD78B-2FE7-4B75-8743-911F971132B0.jpeg

OEM Mud flaps.

Charging cable wall holder.

Spare mobile connector with Nema 14-50 connector. Had electrician hook up up using a 60 amp breaker in case I ever upgrade to Tesla wall charger.

View attachment 725747
The Mobile Connector chassis should be supported, not hanging by the power plug connection. There are wall mount brackets available or you can make your own hanger.

Reactions: carlos31820
The Mobile Connector chassis should be supported, not hanging by the power plug connection. There are wall mount brackets available or you can make your own hanger.
Yes, I'm about to print one on my 3d printer. :)

This one, to be exact...

Here is what I purchased:
Basenor mud flaps
Tesla center console inserts
Tesla all-weather mats (WeatherTech)
Covercraft windshield sunshade
Basenor under trunk all-weather mat
Mobile Connector cable holder
Underseat air vent cover

Am I missing anything?

Reactions: mrwug
Here is what I purchased:
Basenor mud flaps
Tesla center console inserts
Tesla all-weather mats (WeatherTech)
Covercraft windshield sunshade
Basenor under trunk all-weather mat
Mobile Connector cable holder
Underseat air vent cover

Am I missing anything?
Some other things I'm at least considering:
  • Cargo cover
  • Cup holder stabilizer / liner
  • License plate mount (removable)
  • Screen protector
  • Under seat storage

Reactions: bobbyjae
Yes, I'm about to print one on my 3d printer. :)

This one, to be exact...
Can I pay you to print and send me one of these? I don’t have access to a 3D printer.

(Weather Tech)Tesla Floor mats for frunk, interior, trunk, and trunk cargo.

Key fob and silicon/rubberized holder

Mud flaps.

Replica 19inch r241 wheels for winter.

Hakkapellita R3 SUV XL tires for winter.

Quickbandit front license plate mount.

Reactions: mrwug
Then why the "mobile" part - I visit relatives often, and plug into their garage outlet. Are you suggesting I should ask them to install a wall bracket? Of that if I can't support it I shouldn't use it when I travel? First I've heard of this advice. Perhaps you're suggesting doing this just for home use.

Then why the "mobile" part - I visit relatives often, and plug into their garage outlet. Are you suggesting I should ask them to install a wall bracket? Of that if I can't support it I shouldn't use it when I travel? First I've heard of this advice. Perhaps you're suggesting doing this just for home use.
If you only use the Tesla Mobile Connector occasionally, i.e. when you travel then it will not matter if the Mobile Connector hangs supported from the receptacle and power plug. If you use the Mobile Connector at home, every day/night, over time the weight of the Mobile Connector chassis pulling on the power plug can cause the plug to fail.

Tesla sells a Cable Organizer that includes a wall mount for the Mobile Connector (scroll down to see photos 2 through 4) https://shop.tesla.com/product/cable-organizer

You can find similar cable organizer kits on Amazon, eBay and Etsy. You can make your own mounting bracket using a 3-D printer or improvise another means of taking the weight of the Mobile Connector chassis off of the receptacle and the power plug.

Reactions: Hookemhorns