Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anticipation: What Accessories Did You Buy Before Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just added the storage bins and center console hidden storage from your list. Didn't realize the storage bins for trunk didn't come standard. Thinking about getting the under seat storage bins too, but I'll have to look closer at the design.

New York makes us put our registration and inspection stickers on the front windshield. I'd rather not muck it up with the adhesive they use. Anyone have any ideas for that? I've seen a few sleeves on Amazon, but they don't really impress.

If you only use the Tesla Mobile Connector occasionally, i.e. when you travel then it will not matter if the Mobile Connector hangs supported from the receptacle and power plug. If you use the Mobile Connector at home, every day/night, over time the weight of the Mobile Connector chassis pulling on the power plug can cause the plug to fail.

Tesla sells a Cable Organizer that includes a wall mount for the Mobile Connector (scroll down to see photos 2 through 4) Cable Organizer

You can find similar cable organizer kits on Amazon, eBay and Etsy. You can make your own mounting bracket using a 3-D printer or improvise another means of taking the weight of the Mobile Connector chassis off of the receptacle and the power plug.
Great info, thanks! Mine has been hanging for 5 years now, but it's never too late. I have the cable part from Tesla, but have never seen the holder for the larger connector chassis.

There are some impressive lists here!
I'm currently waiting for my first Tesla and all that I plan to buy in advance are mudflaps. Once I get the car, I'll see what I really need.

I was thinking I'd get floor mats ahead of time, especially after reading all of the discussion about floor mats on this forum. But then, I've never bought floor mats for any car that I've ever owned. Every car comes with floor mats and my current car's 10 year old mats from the factory still look good. So I'll try not to get caught up in the all the excitement over accessories, and I'll just wait and see.

There are some impressive lists here!
I'm currently waiting for my first Tesla and all that I plan to buy in advance are mudflaps. Once I get the car, I'll see what I really need.

I was thinking I'd get floor mats ahead of time, especially after reading all of the discussion about floor mats on this forum. But then, I've never bought floor mats for any car that I've ever owned. Every car comes with floor mats and my current car's 10 year old mats from the factory still look good. So I'll try not to get caught up in the all the excitement over accessories, and I'll just wait and see.

I'd add the vent covers to the "must-have" list (along with front mud flaps). inexpensive protection against losing an object down there and having it rattle around.

I'd add the vent covers to the "must-have" list (along with front mud flaps). inexpensive protection against losing an object down there and having it rattle around.
How common is this really? I just checked both my current cars. M37x (sedan) and XT5 (suv) and neither have a grille over the vent and with 2 toddlers we’ve never lost something in them. Is this a Tesla thing?

How common is this really? I just checked both my current cars. M37x (sedan) and XT5 (suv) and neither have a grille over the vent and with 2 toddlers we’ve never lost something in them. Is this a Tesla thing?
When I compared to my BMW, the BMW's vents have the air blowing back towards the rear passengers' feet. Looks like the MY vents look more like holes in the floor. Dunno for sure 'cause I'm still playing the waiting game.

You know, I was trying to get the lcdrs mats, but I decided to just get the weather tech Tesla versions. But now I've ordered the lcdrs to compare. And the vent covers lol.
Totally satisfied with the LDCRS mats.
  • Perfect fit - around seat supports, along side carpet/plastic seams, dimensionally.
  • Nubs on bottom keep them in place.
  • Clean look - no tacky emblems or 3rd-party advertising, and only small indents where the right heel rests (no excessive molding). Fits the Tesla aesthetic imho.
  • No stank - odorless, right out of the packaging into the car. No off-gassing.
  • Deluge of a rainstorm last night, and I had to go out. The mats performed perfectly with tracked-in water.
  • LDCRS is on the forums and is very responsive - great customer service.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: jcanoe and mrwug
Thanks for the input on this thread. Ordered the rear vent covers from etsy. Didn't even know they made them and that it would be an issue.
Got my MY7LR today, but had to immediately drop it off for PPF and tinting. Want to order frunk and rear trunk bottom mats. Any recommendations?

Thanks for the input on this thread. Ordered the rear vent covers from etsy. Didn't even know they made them and that it would be an issue. No
Got my MY7LR today, but had to immediately drop it off for PPF and tinting. Want to order frunk and rear trunk bottom mats. Any recommendations?
People say good things about the Maxpider mats, and they sell a full coverage set. The comparable options are the Tesla (WearherTech) mats from Tesla, and the other top option seems to be the LDCRS mats, but I don't think they have a trunk set yet.

I went with Tesla (WeatherTech) and LDCRS and will be comparing and returning one set. Might keep the LDCRS for front and rear seats and keep the trunk sets from Tesla (WeatherTech). I've had the weathertechs in my Subaru for years and they are pretty great after 7 years of daily use with New York winters. Slight rolling near the edges closet to the driver/passenger door, but not enough to be ugly or cause failure of the liners.

Also, I went with the storage bins because they act as a full removable liner for those two spaces on the sides in the trunk.

Only downside to Tesla's option is you have to buy the entire set separately.

Storage Bins
Maxpider
LDCRS
Tesla Interior Mats
Tesla Frunk Liner
Tesla Trunk Liner
Tesla Rear Cargo Liner

Reactions: coolpal
Just added the storage bins and center console hidden storage from your list. Didn't realize the storage bins for trunk didn't come standard. Thinking about getting the under seat storage bins too, but I'll have to look closer at the design.

New York makes us put our registration and inspection stickers on the front windshield. I'd rather not muck it up with the adhesive they use. Anyone have any ideas for that? I've seen a few sleeves on Amazon, but they don't really impress.
Have you considered PPF? I haven't tried it, but I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work. Cut out a piece slightly larger than the papers and stick onto the windshield.

Thanks for the input on this thread. Ordered the rear vent covers from etsy. Didn't even know they made them and that it would be an issue.
Depending on how often you use your 3rd row (for me its sparingly, but still need it) you can get a full set of all-weathers for ~$250 from Tesmanian. Came with frunk, sub trunk, front and rear floor mats, and a trunk mat. I got the Tesla 3rd row carpeted mats. The trunk mat covers the 3rd row, but leaves no gaps, its not a 100% perfect fit, closer to 95% due to the arm rests in the 3rd row, but its pretty darn good.

You can spend a lot more than that getting dedicated pieces, but I'm frugal to a point.

Attachments

• 20211028_190851.jpg
    20211028_190851.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 100

Heres what you do... get a piece of cellophane and put the sticker on that... then put it on your windshield. The inspector likely wont you do it though, so you'll have to carefully peel it off with a heat gun first.

Honestly I wouldnt worry about adhesive, that stuff comes off very easily with razor blades/goo gone. Just be careful with the type of blade you use, some can actually scratch the window