Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anticlockwise Adventure!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for sharing your journey. This is what I call a life-time adventure! Some improvisation and close calls on battery range, some delays, but most importantly lots of new folks met on the way and moments to cherish for life.

And what an impressive collection of photos! Australia is truly a beautiful place. I hope I can visit again one day.

Thank you for sharing your journey. This is what I call a life-time adventure! Some improvisation and close calls on battery range, some delays, but most importantly lots of new folks met on the way and moments to cherish for life.
And what an impressive collection of photos! Australia is truly a beautiful place. I hope I can visit again one day.
Hope to see you down here one day @arcus! Tessie claims to be the first electric vehicle to drive round Australia unsupported (i.e. no support vehicle or mobile generator). If you hurry you could be the 2nd !

Reactions: arcus and Mark E
I don’t want to wait, so I’ll try to find some imprudent soul who’ll allow me to hire a Model S100 for my clockwise+Tasmania Trip. Failing that I’m not quite certain.

Back eons ago I hired a new Ford Falcon from a Melbourne dealer, advised them of my intentions, they still allowed me to hire the car, offered me maps of all Australia and off I went. A month and 10,000 km later I returned the car. At, I still remember, $17 per day in 1977, I was surprised that they still invited me to come back and hire from them again.

To repeat that trip, adding Tasmania, in a Tesla has been my dream since first driving a Model S in 2012.

Reactions: RichardMcN
@wilsilly how is your planning going for the big trip around Oz?
Anyone else planning some adventures this Autumn/Winter?
Planning going well thanks @Blue heaven Getting my kit and companions together. Departing home 3rd March. Home to Port Lincoln in March. Port Lincoln to Perth early/mid April, Perth to Broome late April to early May. Then across to Darwin and Kakadu by end of May, down to Tennant Creek and Mt Isa, Winton Longreach and Emerald to home by mid June. Getting excited if a little nervous but support from everyone is fantastic. Maybe they would like to do similar!
I will post a bit on TMC but have the cheer squads on my Facebook page Central Queensland Tesla Interest Page and Instagram @blueytravelOz to keep informed too so my reports might be a bit patchy on TMC.

@wilsilly Make sure you sing out when you are closing in on Darwin. Would love to say G'Day and have a chat about your travels. Planning a big mid-year drive from Darwin to Brisbane, down the coast to Sydney, across to Adelaide and back up through the centre.
Hi @rikka, would love to contact you when in Darwin which should be at the end of May. Really looking forward to the top end part and your local knowledge would be great help I'm sure. I'll be in touch. Thanks.

@wilsilly on the way up the West Coast a detour to Exmouth is worth the effort to see the magnificent Whale Sharks when they cruise through between April and July.
image.jpg

Reactions: RichardMcN
The around Australia trip has been completed at least half a dozen times now, Glen George in a converted MG, @RichardMcN the first to complete the trip using only the established power supply, Jeff Johnson in a Nissan Leaf, @wilsilly clockwise in a 75D (Sylvia in Bluey), Steve of the Nullarbor the first to travel to all states and territories and @Murbs the first in a Model X. The most recent trip has just started from Darwin, and it's perfect timing considering EVs are getting plenty of media coverage in Australia these past weeks. Follow the journey on Twitter @outbacktesla
image.jpg

The around Australia lost is now up to 23.
11 clockwise, 12 anti-clockwise
10 Blue, 6 White
18 Tesla vehicles
7 model S, 6 m3, 3 mY, 2 mX. No Cybertrucks but 3000 trips in the planning stage.