Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Antigravity Group 51R LiFePO4 Lithium battery for Tesla Model 3/Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No I didn't? I have never bothered to get into service mode - figure it's a good way to get into trouble. Does that allow a toggle switch of some kind for lithium ferric phosphate?
That's what we need to find out. Nothing scary about it. Easy to access, look around and exit. I shall list the steps.

1. Go to software screen on main menu.
2. Below the picture of car is model and type. Press and hold (invisible button) they model for about 5 seconds. You will see a pulse on screen where fingers is.
3. Password is service. Lower case. Read through and accept .. You wont be driving in this configuration as it is probably limited to 7 MPH.
4. Now on main screen it navigates like your regular main screen. 2 things to look at. Once can check service alerts. These are usually temporary alerts occurring during transitory operations of the systems. Unless a message appears in Notifications on the regular screen or on the left side of regular screen you can disregard. Incidentally, rebooting erases these.
4. On the menu you will see Low Voltage. Select and should see Power distribution. It will show the charging going into the 12 volt battery, plus 2 other things. Most likely, this new button for change battery type will be here. If worried you can stop but if curious and select one can always exit without making any changes by going to the red arrow at bottom,
5. To exit and go back to regular screen, press and HOLD the red button and you will exit service mode. Sometimes my Sentry turns on when should be off upon exit so I manually turn off if not supposed to be on.

Lots of fun things to look at in service mode. It is fun and interesting to look at the various menus to see main power distribution, infotainment showing where all the antennas are and working status I dont really change anything just look. In the LV screen is where I first discovered that the car will trickle charge the LV battery (lead acid) at voltages as low as .01. If you look on a car with the 15 volt Tesla Lithium it will show some extra information about the LV battery can't remember what without looking again.

There are also Youtube videos getting into service mode. It is allowed since online the parts and service manuals are now provided for free. Just the diagnostic software is subscription. I don't have that. In the service manual, all they talk about is selecting between the Atlas or a VARTA 12 volt sold overseas. Not sure why at both are 45AH but the VARTA is lower CCA. If they only have these 2 battery types they perhaps they are now running a battery test program. My portable tester allows one to select CCA to test battery health. If no other battery types are listed then at least it is a baby step to move toward adding AGM and Lithium 12 volt.

Here is a video:

• Informative
Reactions: dfwatt
That's what we need to find out. Nothing scary about it. Easy to access, look around and exit. I shall list the steps.

1. Go to software screen on main menu.
2. Below the picture of car is model and type. Press and hold (invisible button) they model for about 5 seconds. You will see a pulse on screen where fingers is.
3. Password is service. Lower case. Read through and accept .. You wont be driving in this configuration as it is probably limited to 7 MPH.
4. Now on main screen it navigates like your regular main screen. 2 things to look at. Once can check service alerts. These are usually temporary alerts occurring during transitory operations of the systems. Unless a message appears in Notifications on the regular screen or on the left side of regular screen you can disregard. Incidentally, rebooting erases these.
4. On the menu you will see Low Voltage. Select and should see Power distribution. It will show the charging going into the 12 volt battery, plus 2 other things. Most likely, this new button for change battery type will be here. If worried you can stop but if curious and select one can always exit without making any changes by going to the red arrow at bottom,
5. To exit and go back to regular screen, press and HOLD the red button and you will exit service mode. Sometimes my Sentry turns on when should be off upon exit so I manually turn off if not supposed to be on.

Lots of fun things to look at in service mode. It is fun and interesting to look at the various menus to see main power distribution, infotainment showing where all the antennas are and working status I dont really change anything just look. In the LV screen is where I first discovered that the car will trickle charge the LV battery (lead acid) at voltages as low as .01. If you look on a car with the 15 volt Tesla Lithium it will show some extra information about the LV battery can't remember what without looking again.

There are also Youtube videos getting into service mode. It is allowed since online the parts and service manuals are now provided for free. Just the diagnostic software is subscription. I don't have that. In the service manual, all they talk about is selecting between the Atlas or a VARTA 12 volt sold overseas. Not sure why at both are 45AH but the VARTA is lower CCA. If they only have these 2 battery types they perhaps they are now running a battery test program. My portable tester allows one to select CCA to test battery health. If no other battery types are listed then at least it is a baby step to move toward adding AGM and Lithium 12 volt.

Here is a video:

Have you gotten this update yet?

• Disagree
Reactions: Vin_L
Not sure if this impacts this thread:

or3XqtU.jpg
Any update or more information with this?

Not inferring this has any of that functionality baked in, but that would certainly be a pleasant surprise to see fully supported profiles for specific Lithium chemistries!

A 4S LFP 12V cell seems like it would be fantastic alternative for that application.

Still perplexed with the Li Ion ~16V cell used in the newer 3 and Y , why not a LFP based cell that remained fully compatible with existing 12V systems. I can't see a 4V DC base voltage increase ever being advantageous for the user, let alone the mfg...

They sill have not fixed the +12V output on trailer plugs, its just a non functional pin now...

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200