Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anxiety about charging (thinking about cancelling p85d order)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. Sorry to hear about your decision. Yes, the initial fear of charging unknowns is tough, but fades away quickly.

I've been thinking of adding a Tesla to complement my Leaf. Since my garage only has two 120V circuits (both on the same leg so I couldn't use the "Quicky 240V" device), and the panel is 75 ft away in the basement through two concrete walls, I decided not to bother with installing a 240 V plug or EVSE. Even adding a Tesla, I probably wouldn't bother with 240 V since our electricity is so cheap. For out of town travel there are superchargers evenly spaced about 80-120 miles away in all four major travel directions. They couldn't be more perfectly located. I see the situation in Boulder as similar to mine, although you won't have the benefit of having the Leaf for in-town travel. If it were me, I'd bicycle around Boulder anyway since it's much easier and quicker than fighting with traffic (gotta to love those off-street paths along Boulder Creek, Foothills Parkway, Pearl, Valmont, etc.). But, to each his own. If you have to travel to Broomfield for work periodically, then I can see you point. Waiting and picking up a CPO P85D in a year or two might make more sense.