Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anxiously waiting an AWD review / videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for sharing that. What are you using for total KWH and are you assuming 100% charge to determine the 275mi range per charge? 275mi x 286Wh/mi is 78.65KWh. I hope Tesla eventually provides a way to trade off performance and range. Actually, isn't there a setting to turnoff the front motor if you're on the freeway for example?
I’m extrapolating, haven’t taken it past 90% yet. I have a trip meter I haven’t reset since taking delivery. I’m extrapolating 286 Wh/mi over the ~78,000 Wh battery.

Can someone speak to the difference in the ride comfort between the RWD and the AWD. I have driven the RWD and the PAWD and the P is a much smoother ride. I’m wondering how the plain old AWD compares. Also: the cornering on the P is much better than the RWD. That’s the dual motors, not the performance motor, unless the suspensions are different. Any thoughts?
BTW: I’m coming from a 70D and looking for a change, but still like the bumps smoothed out some.

Can someone speak to the difference in the ride comfort between the RWD and the AWD. I have driven the RWD and the PAWD and the P is a much smoother ride. I’m wondering how the plain old AWD compares. Also: the cornering on the P is much better than the RWD. That’s the dual motors, not the performance motor, unless the suspensions are different. Any thoughts?
BTW: I’m coming from a 70D and looking for a change, but still like the bumps smoothed out some.
I haven’t driven a P3D or any Model S, but the 3D is absolutely amazing. The RWD still felt “great” but wasn’t the same.

• Helpful
Reactions: nogassnorlax

Was the RWD that you drove an early Model? The early builds had stiffer suspensions and Tesla softened them since then. I wouldn’t think the current RWD would be much different in terms of smoothness vs. the RWD.

Congrats! That's awesome. Were you able to test drive the RWD before getting your AWD, and if so, can you tell any noticeable difference between 0-20 acceleration and overall feel/handling?
I hadn’t driven a Tesla till I took delivery of mine. I drove RWD after. Overall feeling of AWD is instant acceleration with no lag to me, feels amazing.

I just got my Blue AWD 3 and entirely agree! I drove a RWD model previously and had noticed the sense of a slow start.

The AWD 0-20 is head snapping! I mean that literally as I was afraid I'd hurt my wife in the first launch after her head bounced off the seat.

gsM3Lt5.gif

Did you upgrade to P model after august 1st? If so, do you still get free supercharging? Im assuming your original order date is what grandfathers you in

Yes I upgraded after August 1st. I called Tesla and they assured me I would get the unlimited supercharging and that I would NOT have to pay the $2000 premium for white exterior (even though it is listed as such online). Since my order was before the price switch the original would be honored. But weirdly enough I would have to pay the $1,200 destination fee opposed to the original $1,000.

• Informative
Reactions: Nisesen
Is that because you ordered a P?
Yes I upgraded after August 1st. I called Tesla and they assured me I would get the unlimited supercharging and that I would NOT have to pay the $2000 premium for white exterior (even though it is listed as such online). Since my order was before the price switch the original would be honored. But weirdly enough I would have to pay the $1,200 destination fee opposed to the original $1,000.

What was your original order configuration and date?