Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anxiously waiting an AWD review / videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've left them on. With AWD getting worse efficiency I figured I don't want to make it worse by removing the aero caps. :p

Yeah, my regular commute is quite short day to day so couldn't resist taking them off and putting on the black wheel cap kit. I'll probably put them on for long trips but those wheels are too pretty for me to be able to resist showing them off :)

Yeah, my regular commute is quite short day to day so couldn't resist taking them off and putting on the black wheel cap kit. I'll probably put them on for long trips but those wheels are too pretty for me to be able to resist showing them off :)
Yeah, I love the wheels underneath. It’s a tempting idea but I don’t really want to store the caps somewhere and have to put them on and off regularly. Too lazy I guess.

Several deliveries and 271 posts later and still not one good and thorough AWD review video :(
I’m not sure what you want? The AWD is observably the same car as the RWD minus better handling and acceleration. All the aesthetics, interior and exterior appear exactly the same. I described earlier the handling, strength of regen, and acceleration in comparison to a RWD and even posted a video with a couple 0-60 runs. If there’s other stuff you guys feel you’re missing out on let me know and I can try to supply the info...

Reactions: nogassnorlax
Yeah I was not expecting it to be so hard to find dual motor reviews.
Super easy to find performance videos aND reviews. Why are the dual motor people so shy? Do they regret not going for the P?
People on the internet with nothing better to do while waiting for their cars want to know!

I’m not sure what you want? The AWD is observably the same car as the RWD minus better handling and acceleration. All the aesthetics, interior and exterior appear exactly the same. I described earlier the handling, strength of regen, and acceleration in comparison to a RWD and even posted a video with a couple 0-60 runs. If there’s other stuff you guys feel you’re missing out on let me know and I can try to supply the info...

Think people (and myself) want dragy and/or vbox times. The only thing available is people time syncing their 0-60 times on youtube

Reactions: Scott7
Thanks for the offer Deuce24 - mainly id like to see a side by side acceleration and handling comparison between AWD and RWD and P. Maybe something similar to the P vs RWD drag strip video. Would also like to see some dragy and/or vbox data....

Wish list I know...

Reactions: Gouldness
Yeah I was not expecting it to be so hard to find dual motor reviews.
Super easy to find performance videos aND reviews. Why are the dual motor people so shy? Do they regret not going for the P?
People on the internet with nothing better to do while waiting for their cars want to know!
I don't regret saving $11,000 at all. I'm completely happy with the performance of my AWD non-P. :D

I think folks that would buy a Performance version of the car are more oriented towards things like Dragy/VBox, etc. Not being "part of that world" it isn't something I have myself. And my kids are out of school for several weeks before school starts again, so I don't really have time or desire to grab a local Dragy I've been offered between managing them and work. o_O Sorry guys.

Ok, but given your SoCal location, you did pay an extra $4k solely for performance gains (even at the expense of efficiency), so to me it seems like you aren't so different from the P3D buyers after all! :p Just to a lesser degree.

But I think the point being made is where are all the other AWD owners? There was no such gap in personal experience reports when the initial RWD cars started being delivered. Those came in like a flood!

Reactions: M109Rider
Ok, but given your SoCal location, you did pay an extra $4k solely for performance gains (even at the expense of efficiency), so to me it seems like you aren't so different from the P3D buyers after all! :p Just to a lesser degree.

But I think the point being made is where are all the other AWD owners? There was no such gap in personal experience reports when the initial RWD cars started being delivered. Those came in like a flood!
I was willing to pay the $4k for the extra performance, the increased handling, and the potential that efficiency would be higher on 3D like it was for Model S D owners, but alas, that third part didn't come to fruition. I also like the increased handling in the rain snow when I go to Big Bear/etc, so that should help out.

You're right in that I am not far off a P3D buyer. When I bought my 128 convertible I didn't have the extra $5k to upgrade to a 135, and within a couple years I wished so bad that I had spent the money. You could argue that'll be the same with the P3D upgrade, but right now with life changes the 3D was already on the limit of smart/attainable, so I had to forgo the $11k upgrade. I'm a lot more frugal now in my older age (mid-30's) than I was when I bought my 128 nearly a decade ago, so maybe I wouldn't have paid for the upgrade after all. :)