Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anxiously waiting an AWD review / videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just drove a friend's AWD tonight, after driving the RWD a month ago. I was initially concerned about the "lag" I felt on the RWD at the start, and wondering how the AWD would do. I do not want to spend the dollars on P3D, so didn't drive one, and frankly didn't want to be tempted. Just wanted to know if my AWD choice would be gratifying to drive hard, and not have that little bit of vanilla start that the RWD has. I can say quite confidently, that there is no "lag", and that it jumps off the line very respectably. I was impressed. It felt solid and fast. I am sold, and no longer have any doubts about my AWD order.
Thanks! This helps a lot. My white AWD comes next week and I have been torn about letting my VIN go and getting a PAWD, but dropping AP for later. If I do that it, it’s about a 4K difference until I spring for AP and better wheels, but I’d have P.

I made the mistake of driving the PAWD today and love it, but as long as the AWD is punchy, non-chill, feeling , I think having AP and the 19 wheels my wife likes is a great compromise. At least I hope so.

THAT SUCKS. I am glad they are doing that rather than sticking you with issues, but gak! I am (as most seem) extremely happy with my Tesla, I hope you get yours soon

-Randy

Thanks. Yeah, service side seems great. Excited to get a new one and just enjoy it again. And now a chance to upgrade to AWD....

Still can’t believe the production/delivery side and how the car passed so many eyes and delivered as so.

I even went to Tesla store yesterday just cause I was at the mall and saw they had the performance model inside. Immediately I noticed the same type of paint defects I had! Found two fisheyes on the rear bumper and couple contaminants on trunk and rear quarter panel. The VIN was literally like 75 numbers after mine, which I calculated to be within about an hour of mine being made. So I’m hoping it was just a bad batch of reds in series and they’ve figured it out by the time I reorder and get my New one!

But still, how can these pass through QA? Especially a floor display model!

It's always more fun to drive than to be a passenger. What if you could fly the A320?

Oh, are you the pilot? What if you could fly the A320 w/o carrying passengers? I did once watch a guy doing touch and go's at the Chico airport in a huge commercial jet. Not sure who was paying for that fuel.

-Randy

I love my M3D. It doesn't jump off the line, it snaps. It's legit insane. on my third day of ownership and I got called into work. I want to drive my Model 3 Dual Motor, not fly Airbus A320 series aircraft around the country. Yes, I just said a Tesla is more fun to drive than a jet with over 33,000 pounds of thrust.
I love reading these accounts. It keeps the hope alive! :D

Reactions: voip-ninja
I love my M3D. It doesn't jump off the line, it snaps. It's legit insane. on my third day of ownership and I got called into work. I want to drive my Model 3 Dual Motor, not fly Airbus A320 series aircraft around the country. Yes, I just said a Tesla is more fun to drive than a jet with over 33,000 pounds of thrust.

Hum. Have you driven a Model S non performance D? Any other Tesla? Not so sure I would call the AWD 3 or even the 3P insane or neck snapping. An S 100D L perhaps. I find my 85D to be much faster off the line than the AWD 3.

Last edited:
It's always more fun to drive than to be a passenger. What if you could fly the A320?

Oh, are you the pilot? What if you could fly the A320 w/o carrying passengers? I did once watch a guy doing touch and go's at the Chico airport in a huge commercial jet. Not sure who was paying for that fuel.

-Randy
I am a pilot and I've flown quite a few empty legs! The vertical rates of climb are crazy when we're empty!

Hum. Have you driven a Model S non performance D? Any other Tesla? Not so sure I would call the AWD 3 or even the 3P insane or neck snapping. An S 100D L perhaps. I find my 85D to be much faster off the line than the AWD 3.
I've driven an S, not exactly sure which one it was. I met the girl 5 minutes before she was calling me a sissy and telling me to put the petal to the metal.

Yeah but you can roll an A320 without breaking it!