TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any 2015 year end deals?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by DCAC, Dec 7, 2015.

1. DCAC

DCAC Member

Does anyone have any end of the year deals to report on inventory or CPO cars?

2. DougH

DougH Active Member

Tesla does not give "deals". Their prices listed are what they are.

3. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Member

They've been known to boost the discount on inventory vehicles in the past when approaching deadlines.

4. 2krazykats

2krazykats Member

Minimal discounts is what I'm finding as I look. A $100 here or there, basically a rounding error. They've also reconfigured the regions so watch out for a possible increase in delivery charges too. Maybe they've hit their delivery target for the quarter/year so discounts aren't as forthcoming...

5. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Member

Yeah, probably a good sign for meeting guidance if they have inventory and aren't pushing it with end-of-quarter discounting.

6. ghbmd

ghbmd Member

Actually Tesla was running lease deals if ordered by end Nov and took delivery by 12/31/15. In comparison to the original monthly lease price I am saving $5000 over the course of the 3 year lease.

7. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

Really? So what were the details? I was in that time frame exactly, and never heard about it. (admittedly, I looked pretty hungry at time of ordering).

8. ghbmd

ghbmd Member

I received an unsolicited email from the sales guy at my local Tesla showroom on Nov 20, 2015. Among other things he wrote "Our leasing program has been revamped for any custom orders placed in the next week for an end of year delivery, or any NEW inventory vehicles that will be delivered before the end of the year. Savings can get as high as $125 per month!"

I had placed an order for a car just prior to this. Total build price with $1000 referral discount was $97,450. The monthly lease price (3yrs/15K miles per year) I was given was $1235/mos. I then forwarded the email above to the Tesla finance guy and he recalculated the lease down to $1076/month. Same car. The difference in the monthly lease price was because the newer calculation was based on a residual value closer to 63% (as compared to 57% for the original calculation).

9. peteyswift

peteyswift Member

I think I'm saying the same thing as ghbmd, but I also heard yesterday from my local store that there is a end-of-year lease special on only 85kwh cars for 6% off the usual lease. This is only good on leases. I also heard from them that there is a $1000 discount for current owners. Sounds pretty nice.

10. Al604

Al604 Member

I was just at the my local store, they are increasing lease residuals (+3%) in Canada for any deliveries taken before Dec 31st, and they seem to be selling off inventory (demo's). I've got my eye on a demo (5% off MSRP) 70D titanium metalic with Pano, next gen, auto pilot, premium interior and sub zero.

11. Ronist

Ronist Member

What's the residual percentage in Canada now?

12. Al604

Al604 Member

70D
    54% 3yr/16k km 3.9% lease rates
    53% 3yr/20k km
    51% 3yr/25k KM

85D's have 1% higher residuals.
    4yr leases are 11% less in residuals

13. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I remember a time in college when I went to a local bar for drinks on a Friday night. I asked the bartender, "what are the specials?" He responded, "seeing as it's Friday? Full price everything. That's the special."

This applies here.

14. EKnight47

EKnight47 Member

Just traded my S85 for an inventory 70D and they were flexible with a few things that I don't think would have been possible if it was not the end of the year.

15. jtpassat

jtpassat Member

let me read your mind to figure out what those few things are... my guess is T-shirts.

16. EKnight47

EKnight47 Member

Didn't feel the need to publicly discuss the actual "deals" I got. Just that there are things that can be done. For instance one of the deals I learned about (but did not take advantage of) was lower lease rates on 85Ds and the flexibility to knock $4500 off an inventory car with 21s if you wanted 19s.

And, no...it wasn't T shirts.

17. green1

green1 Active Member

DOH! I would so have jumped on that had it been an option! I was told that I had to take the inventory car as-is with no changes, which means I have 21s I don't want and had to pay for my own 19s, so in my case I had to pay an extra $3-4k instead of getting a 4.5k discount for the same thing!

18. EKnight47

EKnight47 Member

I was shopping for a inventory car for my father a few months ago and they told me the same thing...gotta take the car as is. This is a year end deal. They're also holding the value of your trade-in longer (through year end) as long as you don't go over 1k more miles.

19. Kaunain13

Kaunain13 Member

I was just told by my sales rep that the leasing offer only applied to inventory cars, not custom ordered cars. I ordered an 85D before the end of November and will take delivery by the end of December. Is my sales rep not telling the truth?

20. EKnight47

EKnight47 Member

Sorry....to be clear, all of these deals were on inventory cars. Not custom, not CPO, but inventory. We were looking to get something delivered before year end. That's where the "end of the year" deals are.....