Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 2017 Owners Think The New Fsd Pricing Is Unfair?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't get FSD on my Model 3 as I already had it in the X. Was kicking myself later seeing the Model 3 was getting all the updates faster. Copped FSD during the fire sale and never looked back. Sucks I paid the full 8k for the X though.

I think the really jacked up part that needs addressing is the non-existent compensation that FSD owners that overpaid were promised. First, it was "Early Access Program" and now it's apparently "Priority Software Updates" if your car is set to Advanced. Seriously? Who even knows if that does anything. If it did why does every car have that button? Crazy.

Any 4th referral prize owner and FSD owner also got screwed over with that. Yikes

I think the really jacked up part that needs addressing is the non-existent compensation that FSD owners that overpaid were promised. First, it was "Early Access Program" and now it's apparently "Priority Software Updates" if your car is set to Advanced. Seriously? Who even knows if that does anything. If it did why does every car have that button? Crazy.

Obviously we were taken for a ride on so many levels.

FSD features in 3-6 months after January 2017 anyone?

It wasn’t a self-driving ride though, just a ride.

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka
Obviously we were taken for a ride on so many levels.

FSD features in 3-6 months after January 2017 anyone?

It wasn’t a self-driving ride though, just a ride.

Yes Elon really needs to stop giving time estimates. But if one goes through life and only buys products for what they can do “at the time of purchase” and not “future promises”, you’re less likely to be disappointed.

We bought our MS in 2017. At the time, the configurator showed EAP as being $5k ("$6k upgrade after delivery") and FSD as being $3k ("$4k upgrade after delivery"). There was no wording that would indicate the "upgrade after delivery" prices would ever change.

We bought EAP for $5k, figuring we would wait a year or two and buy FSD for $4k when we could scrape together enough pennies. After all the pricing chaos earlier this year, FSD is now listed as $6k in my account. The MS configurator also clearly states that the FSD prices "are likely to increase over time with new feature releases."

Anyone else think this is an unfair situation? If the configurator had stated "prices are likely to increase over time" back in 2017 when we placed our order, we would have undoubtedly paid the $3k for FSD at that point. As it is, the price of FSD for us has gone from $4k to $6k without warning.

I understand that prices change, and I would not have a problem with this if Tesla had warned us that the after delivery upgrade price might change. But they didn't. There were no conditions on the "after delivery" price.

The implied promise Tesla made to us when we ordered in 2017 was that FSD would be $4k after purchase indefinitely. Given there was no warning in the configurator or on any of our paperwork that the price might increase later, I think Tesla should honor the original FSD price for those of us who purchased in 2017. Am I nuts?

We were waiting for the FUFTS but it never came so instead we just took our car and never looked back. Yea there were some minor things that were corrected by our wonderful Tesla service ar the Decatur store, just the typical things that I see so many spoiled consumers here bitching about just begging for a crying towel and a little feel sorry for me...get a friggin life.
Just sayin,
The “G”

• Disagree
Reactions: electronblue