Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 2020 TM3 (unassigned vin) orders updated to a 2021 TM3 order?

Has your 2020 TM3 (tesla.com) order been updated to a 2021 TM3 order?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA told me Tesla is working on updating existing 2020 TM3 orders yet to receive a vin to 2021 orders.
Please take a moment to answer the survey. If you answer No now (online order show 2020 TN3) and later see your online order is updated to reflect a 2021 TM3, please come back to the survey to update your answer.

Ordered an SR+ on Oct 1. Have not been assigned a VIN yet, but my SA told me I would see one by the end of Oct, with delivery sometime around the end of Nov, possibly early Dec. When I asked, he said since I didn't have a VIN yet, and my vehicle was not yet in production, I would get the new version. This is in Canada.

Ordered an SR+ on Oct 1. Have not been assigned a VIN yet, but my SA told me I would see one by the end of Oct, with delivery sometime around the end of Nov, possibly early Dec. When I asked, he said since I didn't have a VIN yet, and my vehicle was not yet in production, I would get the new version. This is in Canada.
Exciting. The information i received when i ordered on Oct. 9 - was that i will get it around Nov. possibly early Dec. And i don't have a VIN either - but this is in Europe - where it also seems that cars are flowing thru France and Belgium right now from China.. and it should be SR+´s.. Which are non-refreshes.

ordered 10/9 and was immediately assigned a VIN with 2020 number - called and had them unmatch me and to note i would like to take delivery end of nov/early dec

account was showing expected delivery nov 13 - dec 11

after "announcement" of refresh on friday, i decided to change from white to black

afraid my delivery date might be pushed even further but the expected range is still nov 13 - dec 11 (new picture of refreshed 2021 on my account)

Ordered on September 16 - Tesla Model 3 Performance
Estimated delivery was (1-11) weeks

I texted my SA yesterday to see if I will to be getting the 2020 or the 2021 version.
He told me I will be getting the 2021 :)

My picture of the Model 3 Performance has since change to the new model,
however my estimated delivery has disappeared :(

I live in Toronto, Canada

I have a LR model on order. I've already turned down one delivery (originally had 4-9 weeks, they contacted me that same week). Yesterday my dates were showing Oct. 31 - Nov 30th....today they contacted me about another delivery. I was very excited but knew it was likely NOT the updated model. I was correct. They assigned a VIN to me with L instead of M. And my car image is still showing the old version. I'm calling tomorrow to tell the sales rep that I don't want this one and that I'm waiting on the new models to come. Unless he's willing to offer me something I can't refuse as far as a 2020 discount.

My M3P order in Toronto was on Sept 24. Photo still the 2020 generation.

My estimate has always just said "5-9 weeks from order date", and has not changed. No matter how many times a day I refresh the page.

I would contact your SA and tell them to change to the 2021 if you prefer the extras vs the 2020 version.

The only thing is not sure if it will push your delivery date back if you are in a rush.

Spoke to a sales reg today about a delivery for a 2020 model this week. (I ordered Oct. 3rd). I told her I wanted to not accept and wait for the new model. I just looked at my account and its now showing the new model with a delivery date not showing November 07 - December 05

Mine only changed just now because I hit edit. Although I didn’t change anything it updated the profile picture of the vehicle. But I still don’t have estimated date. I ordered back in August 2020 and told my SA I didn’t wanna be matched until oct-dec as I wasn’t in a rush. South Florida is where I live for delivery purposes.