Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 2021 Model S Long Range Refresh with a Dragy?

PWlakewood

Jan 9, 2019
US
We've seen a ton of data on the Plaid for 0-60 and 1/4 mile times but nothing on the Long Range yet! Dying to see how close to the Tesla claim the 3.1 second 0-60 is and also what the 1/4 mile looks like!
Not out yet. Plaid first then long range. Unless someone has gotten there hands on a pre release one but I haven’t seen any videos yet.

Draketurner

Jul 22, 2019
Hobart, IN
I am also waiting for someone to post numbers. I know there is one person in the LR deliveries thread who has their LR + Dragy coming tomorrow. Should know soon!

headcase

Jan 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, my top three questions:
• validating Tesla's 0-60 time of 3.1 and whether it can be topped by anyone
• if the powerband is still strong when over 60+, similar to the Plaid model
• if performance is consistent regardless of SoC on the battery, similar to the Plaid model

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
• if performance is consistent regardless of SoC on the battery, similar to the Plaid model
It had better be all of the above otherwise I may have to start looking elsewhere for my next EV. Tesla is asking for a lot of compromises on this MS refresh.

• Funny
Reactions: Mr X

Hayseed_MS

Who's the Good Doge?
Jan 19, 2021
Strongbadia

That would be interesting as well. My guess, with the upgraded motors (still two but upgraded from last year) and the new battery tech/management, the LR will have a similar curve to the Plaid just on a lower scale. It should be consistent like the Plaid due to the batteries.

BigNick

Infamous Fat Sweaty Guy
Dec 3, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
That would be interesting as well. My guess, with the upgraded motors (still two but upgraded from last year) and the new battery tech/management, the LR will have a similar curve to the Plaid just on a lower scale. It should be consistent like the Plaid due to the batteries.
But if it doesn't have the carbon-sleeved rotors, the power curve will drop off at higher RPMs more than the Plaid and probably behave more like an old P85D. Still plenty of power, just not Plaid levels.

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
But if it doesn't have the carbon-sleeved rotors, the power curve will drop off at higher RPMs more than the Plaid and probably behave more like an old P85D. Still plenty of power, just not Plaid levels.
The old P85D was the worst example of a Performance vehicle Tesla ever delivered. I sincerely hope the refreshed Model S is nothing like that.

Richbot

Oct 16, 2020
STL
Looking forward to these results so I can add a second to them and subtract 5mph to get the X 1/4 mile heh

I'm predicting a 10.9 at 128. I suspect these will be every bit as quick as a Raven Performance without launch mode/pre-conditioning, and far superior above 100mph, but that they won't get out of the hole and to the 330 nearly as quickly, costing many tenths vs. the Performance. Once they get past 100 or so the overall power-delivery capacity of the new cars will pwn the performance, and below 70%, apples-to-apples, will also be quicker,a nd also quicker heat-soaked

hooray bench racing heh

Last edited:

Richbot

Oct 16, 2020
STL
The old P85D was the worst example of a Performance vehicle Tesla ever delivered. I sincerely hope the refreshed Model S is nothing like that.
I have a 12/2014 build P85D locked in CHill mode, of course, as a loaner right now. Man have they come a long way.

2101Guy

Jan 6, 2020
USA
It was also one of the first (P85 being the very first I think?) they ever made so your statement makes sense

pabla

Oct 17, 2016
Vancouver
Is it confirmed that the refreshed LR has new motors? I was thinking its just some software tweaking to the existing motors. Hopefully thats the case so maybe my LR+ gets an acceleration boost ;)

headcase

Jan 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Is it confirmed that the refreshed LR has new motors? I was thinking its just some software tweaking to the existing motors. Hopefully thats the case so maybe my LR+ gets an acceleration boost ;)
Even if not new motors, the improved battery cooling system will be a major improvement to allow for more sustained performance. Hence why so many of us I think are eager to see Dragy benchmarks on the LR.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC