Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 2021 Model S Long Range Refresh with a Dragy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've seen a ton of data on the Plaid for 0-60 and 1/4 mile times but nothing on the Long Range yet! Dying to see how close to the Tesla claim the 3.1 second 0-60 is and also what the 1/4 mile looks like!
Not out yet. Plaid first then long range. Unless someone has gotten there hands on a pre release one but I haven’t seen any videos yet.

Yeah, my top three questions:
• validating Tesla's 0-60 time of 3.1 and whether it can be topped by anyone
• if the powerband is still strong when over 60+, similar to the Plaid model
• if performance is consistent regardless of SoC on the battery, similar to the Plaid model

• if performance is consistent regardless of SoC on the battery, similar to the Plaid model
It had better be all of the above otherwise I may have to start looking elsewhere for my next EV. Tesla is asking for a lot of compromises on this MS refresh.

• Funny
Reactions: Mr X

That would be interesting as well. My guess, with the upgraded motors (still two but upgraded from last year) and the new battery tech/management, the LR will have a similar curve to the Plaid just on a lower scale. It should be consistent like the Plaid due to the batteries.

That would be interesting as well. My guess, with the upgraded motors (still two but upgraded from last year) and the new battery tech/management, the LR will have a similar curve to the Plaid just on a lower scale. It should be consistent like the Plaid due to the batteries.
But if it doesn't have the carbon-sleeved rotors, the power curve will drop off at higher RPMs more than the Plaid and probably behave more like an old P85D. Still plenty of power, just not Plaid levels.

But if it doesn't have the carbon-sleeved rotors, the power curve will drop off at higher RPMs more than the Plaid and probably behave more like an old P85D. Still plenty of power, just not Plaid levels.
The old P85D was the worst example of a Performance vehicle Tesla ever delivered. I sincerely hope the refreshed Model S is nothing like that.

Looking forward to these results so I can add a second to them and subtract 5mph to get the X 1/4 mile heh

I'm predicting a 10.9 at 128. I suspect these will be every bit as quick as a Raven Performance without launch mode/pre-conditioning, and far superior above 100mph, but that they won't get out of the hole and to the 330 nearly as quickly, costing many tenths vs. the Performance. Once they get past 100 or so the overall power-delivery capacity of the new cars will pwn the performance, and below 70%, apples-to-apples, will also be quicker,a nd also quicker heat-soaked

hooray bench racing heh

Last edited:
Is it confirmed that the refreshed LR has new motors? I was thinking its just some software tweaking to the existing motors. Hopefully thats the case so maybe my LR+ gets an acceleration boost ;)
Even if not new motors, the improved battery cooling system will be a major improvement to allow for more sustained performance. Hence why so many of us I think are eager to see Dragy benchmarks on the LR.