Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 3rd part screen swivel kits for the Refresh S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone has seen a screen swivel kit for the new refresh Model S, similar to what’s been produced for the 3/Y. I know it was originally supposed to swivel OEM, but not sure if the mechanism is there or if it’s possible to swivel it via a 3rd party part or kit.

Would really like to angle it more towards the driver side.

Not yet.

Or Tesla OEM if they retrofit like @Derrickd5 provided.

Reactions: Great White
Wondering if anyone has seen a screen swivel kit for the new refresh Model S, similar to what’s been produced for the 3/Y. I know it was originally supposed to swivel OEM, but not sure if the mechanism is there or if it’s possible to swivel it via a 3rd party part or kit.

Would really like to angle it more towards the driver side.
Do you know if it is possible to manually adjust and lock into position facing the driver? Has anyone tried this yet?

Do you know if it is possible to manually adjust and lock into position facing the driver? Has anyone tried this yet?
Yes. It works quite well. I'm messing with it tomorrow again to see if I can adjust the clamping force of the bolts by adding various nylon or plastic washers and removing the gears so the screen can be moved by hand yet stays in place enough to be usable.

Attachments

• 20220515_181100.jpg
    20220515_181100.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 20220515_181105.jpg
    20220515_181105.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 20220515_181114.jpg
    20220515_181114.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 20220515_185746.jpg
    20220515_185746.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 145
  • 20220515_185805.jpg
    20220515_185805.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 138
How goes your setup? Any progress updates?

Check this thread. It has my write up in it. Hope this helps. It's holding up great so far.

Check this thread. It has my write up in it. Hope this helps. It's holding up great so far.
So you were able to figure out why it wouldn’t go back all the way?

So you were able to figure out why it wouldn’t go back all the way?
Not yet. But I did notice that the tilt angle is quite a bit more than what the motorized version allows. About a couple of inches extra on the far sidebar. The shroud actually does not cover the gap behind the screen and you can see a part of the mounting hardware. I like the way it tilts that far. I'll still take it back apart, just haven't had time as I had to patch up the car my daughter t-boned someone with...It's done now, so maybe I'll find time this weekend to dig into that binding issue.

Reactions: clayton006
Not yet. But I did notice that the tilt angle is quite a bit more than what the motorized version allows. About a couple of inches extra on the far sidebar. The shroud actually does not cover the gap behind the screen and you can see a part of the mounting hardware. I like the way it tilts that far. I'll still take it back apart, just haven't had time as I had to patch up the car my daughter t-boned someone with...It's done now, so maybe I'll find time this weekend to dig into that binding issue.
If you do figure it out please update. I hope your daughter is okay.