TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any 60 or 85's on the eastside?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Alysashley79, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

I have a P85 and while yes my car is faster on the takeoff, it feels the same after 60mph as both a 60 and 85. If possible Id like to be able to match speeds with a 60 or 85 on te freeway and then see if what tesla says is true and see if the P85 truly WILL walk away. I don't want to go high speeds was thinking between 50-70mph.

Any takers?

2. ahimberg

ahimberg Member

I've been able to compare 60 to 85 (not p85) side by side with a coworker, 85 does have an advantage. If you have good control of the accelerator, you can kind of compare a 60 to an 85 by the max power the 60 can do (speedo's are different between the 60 & 85, don't know about p85)

3. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus

I have an 85 coming next week (probably on Wednesday). I'd be game.

4. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

@breser fantastic. We're close to you. We're in Issaquah area. Let me know when your new addition arrives and you're ready!!!

5. gglockner

gglockner Member

Plenty of 85s on the Eastside. I generally see 1-2 each time I drive around Bellevue.

6. romp

romp Member

Compared mine against a 60 on I-405 few days ago. Noticeably different even at 60mph. No hard numbers, of course, but feels significant. It wouldn't be too difficult to get a camera rolling next time we get both cars out for lunch. The only problem: with traffic it's difficult to get a clean comparison. Ideally should be done at a track.

7. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

was hoping. That one would show up at silent Thunder a few weeks ago, but only P's showed.

Ive spoken to a couple of 85's in the past few days in issaquah and even. Though I pull up in a tesla and ask them if they'd be game they look at me like I'm nuts or trying to take their car.. :/ oh well.

8. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

I have an 85 in Issaquah and I am willing...but I am on the East coast right now. Let me know if you haven't been able to try it by, say, Oct 1.

9. breser

I'd thought about going but didn't since the car wasn't here in time.

10. breser

Got it this morning. At some point it needs to go in for paint protection/tinting. But I haven't scheduled it yet.

11. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

I just saw this. Sending you a PM