Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 99 Safety Scores receive FSD Beta yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went ahead and opted out of the beta and will opt in once the safety score comes back. I was sitting at 95 score after having a 273 mile drive first day it was released with a safety score of 91 and return trip home of like 93. It's been a mission to get it back up to 95 even, think I have a better chance of getting all my old data wiped and driving better this time around now understanding that nothing in AP is being recorded. Just so that I am aware, I won't get dinged for lets say having AP engaged with speed set to 85 or 90 and taking a curve on the highway? Will that ding me? I just need to set it on AP on highway and not pass people, that behavior had me sitting at like 28% unsafe following =/

Could you report back if that works? I‘ve read that it does, and at this point, I’m willing to try anything haha!!

Could you report back if that works? I‘ve read that it does, and at this point, I’m willing to try anything haha!!
It does work. I was a 98 score, opted out yesterday lunchtime. Safety score disappeared from app by around 4pm and I re-opted in. This morning safety score was back in app. My 45mi drive to work this morning yielded a 100 overall score

Its hard to believe Tesla leaves this backdoors wide open to game their system. Hard to take this scoring system seriously and as nothing else but a way to throttle the widespread distribution. This method here, and the reboot your car to clear a drive from logging.

It does work. I was a 98 score, opted out yesterday lunchtime. Safety score disappeared from app by around 4pm and I re-opted in. This morning safety score was back in app. My 45mi drive to work this morning yielded a 100 overall score

Its hard to believe Tesla leaves this backdoors wide open to game their system. Hard to take this scoring system seriously and as nothing else but a way to throttle the widespread distribution. This method here, and the reboot your car to clear a drive from logging.
You've tested and found a loophole in the system. This is good testing. Makes sense to reward you with Beta for taking the risk to test if it works.

Nice, thanks for the feedback!! Here's hoping you get the call-up soon!!

You've tested and found a loophole in the system. This is good testing. Makes sense to reward you with Beta for taking the risk to test if it works.
Aren't you snarky... Not my fault that Tesla's scoring system is retarded and dings you for not trusting that AP will stop for a traffic jam that suddenly appears around the corner from the interstate. I put the brakes on myself - bad score. I trust AP - maybe it slams on the brakes at the last moment like it loves to do or maybe it runs straight into the car infront of me. So many other stupid things it does..

Not my fault Tesla threw this out there willy nilly. I'm an embedded FW engineer. I can't imagine coding this and not taking into account device reboots atleast. Read the thread "There was no plan" on this forum.

Its not like I'm a dangerous driver - I had a 98 score, but I would have had to driven like 1k miles to get it up to a 99.

Reactions: TravelFree
Aren't you snarky... Not my fault that Tesla's scoring system is retarded and dings you for not trusting that AP will stop for a traffic jam that suddenly appears around the corner from the interstate. I put the brakes on myself - bad score. I trust AP - maybe it runs straight into the car infront of me. So many other stupid things it does..

Not my fault Tesla threw this out there willy nilly. Read the thread "There was no plan" on this forum.

Its not like I'm a dangerous driver - I had a 98 score, but I would have had to driven like 1k miles to get it up to a 99.
Snarky? I'm completely serious. Finding holes in the system is the purpose of testing.

Reactions: edseloh

Interesting. Now we'll have to see if you need seven days of data before getting the Beta.

Interesting. Now we'll have to see if you need seven days of data before getting the Beta.

WinterX's post that started this discussion alludes to people doing this the monday before a friday rollout and getting in with the expanded 100's group.

You have any further data on this WinterX, or confirm I read that right, if you're still around?

It works. There are folks in the Tesla Discord reporting it working. Some even left it last Monday, and were included in the unmentioned rollout to more 100's this past Fri Morning.

From the comments I've read, you have to leave. Then wait for the SS to not be seen in the app, then rejoin. ppl are stating 20-30 mins for it to disappear.

(Edit: I'd recommend driving at least 100miles before Friday. More if they up that figure obv. )

Will do! I am sitting at 100 with 12 miles! It feels great to see a 100 score!! I was never going to be able to get my score up from 95 with over 1500 miles. I'm really hoping that this will work. I'll report back if I am able to maintain the 100 with 100 miles.

Will do! I am sitting at 100 with 12 miles! It feels great to see a 100 score!! I was never going to be able to get my score up from 95 with over 1500 miles. I'm really hoping that this will work. I'll report back if I am able to maintain the 100 with 100 miles.
Happy to report that opting out, waiting for the SS to drop off the app, then opting back in worked like a charm.

It took about 30 min for the scores to drop off, and an hour or so for the SS tab to reappear. My daily route for the next three days is an easy 44 miles of 100 score driving. Looking forward to joining the 100 club today, haha!!

Reactions: WinterX
It worked!! 22 mile drive today, mostly on AP. Easy-peasy.

78930622-58A5-4A09-841A-221CC6E9318D.png

If you didn't like the Safety Score doing that, you should check out FSD Beta. It's truly next level in that regard.

Yeah. I definitely understand where people are coming from, but at this point there's not that much pleasure in using FSD Beta.

I use FSD Beta when I can, and when I am in the appropriate frame of mind, so I can report issues. But if I want to go somewhere and be relaxed and refreshed when I arrive, and have a nice smooth & pleasant drive, I don't bother using it. The Safety Score gave me a lot of good practice at optimizing my smooth driving techniques; I had gotten tolerant of being abrupt with the steering (what else are RE-71Rs for, after all). Now it's a nice challenge to work on carrying maximum speed through a corner with minimum g forces for that speed.

WinterX's post that started this discussion alludes to people doing this the monday before a friday rollout and getting in with the expanded 100's group.

You have any further data on this WinterX, or confirm I read that right, if you're still around?
Yes correct. There are/were people in the Tesla Discord channels stating this.

Happy to report that opting out, waiting for the SS to drop off the app, then opting back in worked like a charm.

It took about 30 min for the scores to drop off, and an hour or so for the SS tab to reappear. My daily route for the next three days is an easy 44 miles of 100 score driving. Looking forward to joining the 100 club today, haha!!
How long after requeuing to the beta did the Safety Score show up in the app again?
It's been about 5 hours since I requeued and it hasn't come back in the app yet.

How long after requeuing to the beta did the Safety Score show up in the app again?
It's been about 5 hours since I requeued and it hasn't come back in the app yet.
I’m not sure this actually works. I tried it too. Opted out and waited for the safety score to disappear from the Tesla app. Once they happened I opted back in. The safety score showed up almost immediately and all my old scores were still there 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Acisplat
I waited an hour or so after the SS dropped before I requested the beta again. Then it was an hour or so until SS reappeared.

Have you tried force quitting the app and/or rebooting your phone?? I did both. Don’t know if that helped.

Reactions: Acisplat
I waited an hour or so after the SS dropped before I requested the beta again. Then it was an hour or so until SS reappeared.

Have you tried force quitting the app and/or rebooting your phone?? I did both. Don’t know if that helped.
Hmm maybe it was because I requested the beta about 15 minutes after noticing the SS dropped. I quit the app and restarted my iPhone, maybe I'll try leaving again and let it settle for a bit.

I’m at 98 and near 99 but after having a big dinner out in town tonight, I had to rush home to take a big deuce💩. The farts were warming the seat faster than the seat warmer and my wife started getting the gag reflexes. I could not help but hard turn and hard break every second counted not to shat the 👖. I hope to reach 99 but this is getting ridiculous.