Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 99 Safety Scores receive FSD Beta yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not sure this actually works. I tried it too. Opted out and waited for the safety score to disappear from the Tesla app. Once they happened I opted back in. The safety score showed up almost immediately and all my old scores were still there 🤷‍♂️
I waited an hour or so after the SS dropped before I requested the beta again. Then it was an hour or so until SS reappeared.

Have you tried force quitting the app and/or rebooting your phone?? I did both. Don’t know if that helped.
Just an update, I checked this morning and my safety score tab returned and all my old results were gone. Unfortunately my 98 couldn’t get to 99 without weeks of driving, so I resorted to the full reset. 100 on 22 miles so far!

Just an update, I checked this morning and my safety score tab returned and all my old results were gone. Unfortunately my 98 couldn’t get to 99 without weeks of driving, so I resorted to the full reset. 100 on 22 miles so far!
Nice!! Welcome to the 100 club.

I had an FCW coming into work this morning, right at the end of my drive. I was in AP when my car started following a bus at a Y interchange, so I disengaged and BAM! I got the FCW. Talk about frustrating, haha!!

But I used the 'two thumb salute" to reboot and the drive was erased, so I'm still at 100!!

Reactions: Acisplat
For those newly reaching the 100 score, I finally reached a score of 100 on Monday the 18th and by Wednesday 12:34am I had an email stating that the Beta FSD software was being pushed to my car. It seems that the software push is not only limited to Fridays. Enjoy all!
Did you opt out and requeue again? Make 100 score with 100 miles then immediately get Beta? I guess you are 3 /Y right?
I notice some SX users keep 100 until 10/11 but didn’t get beta….

Reactions: boonedocks
Once I opted back in, the safety score showed up almost immediately with my old scores. Maybe I need to wait longer to opt back in after the safety score disappears from the app
I don't know if it helps but I ended up driving around the block for a few minutes after opting back into the beta and when I woke up this morning the SS tab was back with none of my original scores

IMG_1724.PNG

Needed 70 perfect miles to get my 99 back, and wound up doing 94 miles for a small buffer. Now I'm wondering if I should just do the opt out/opt in trick to get to 100. According to the spreadsheet, I would need over 4,000 perfect miles to get to 100.

Do I need 100? Who knows. I stopped trusting EM long, long ago.

v10.3 to 99'ers this Friday you say? I tend to doubt it. Instead, we'll get a tweet late Friday night saying v10.x will have MIND BLOWING improvements and they're going to wait until that's ready to expand the testing field. Maybe it actually will go out, and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Jf64k reports he got the email/beta download shortly after getting to 100. Another concern- I'll be parked in an airport parking garage from Thursday until Monday. If I don't download it right away, will it disappear the way other updates have?

Reactions: Seattle Tom
Jf64k reports he got the email/beta download shortly after getting to 100. Another concern- I'll be parked in an airport parking garage from Thursday until Monday. If I don't download it right away, will it disappear the way other updates have?

Why would you wait? You can tell it to DL as soon as the app alerts you it's available.

Mine was parked a couple hundred miles from home in a hotel parking lot when I got it.

View attachment 723588

To be clear...I haven't got the beta yet. I cleared my previous 96 after opt-in/out and I am now at 100. I'm accumulating more miles and hoping to get the golden ticket soon.

Reactions: everydaychris
View attachment 723588

Needed 70 perfect miles to get my 99 back, and wound up doing 94 miles for a small buffer. Now I'm wondering if I should just do the opt out/opt in trick to get to 100. According to the spreadsheet, I would need over 4,000 perfect miles to get to 100.

Do I need 100? Who knows. I stopped trusting EM long, long ago.

v10.3 to 99'ers this Friday you say? I tend to doubt it. Instead, we'll get a tweet late Friday night saying v10.x will have MIND BLOWING improvements and they're going to wait until that's ready to expand the testing field. Maybe it actually will go out, and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Just wait
You made it to 99.
We don’t know what for sure happens when you reset the data. Hopefully the people who reset will get beta but it may need 7 days of days?

Also two different users I believe. One reset his to 100 and the other reached 100 from 99 and then got the beta

We will know on Friday! Or Saturday or next Friday? Haha

Reactions: edseloh
Did you opt out and requeue again? Make 100 score with 100 miles then immediately get Beta? I guess you are 3 /Y right?
I notice some SX users keep 100 until 10/11 but didn’t get beta….
Nope, I slowly raised my score the slow old fashion way from 91 on the first Safety Score day to eventually 100. Yes, I have a M3P 2021.
Cheers.

To be clear...I haven't got the beta yet. I cleared my previous 96 after opt-in/out and I am now at 100. I'm accumulating more miles and hoping to get the golden ticket soon.

Ahh, sorry. Somebody on this thread improved up to 100 and actually got the FSD beta downloaded.

Just wait
You made it to 99.
We don’t know what for sure happens when you reset the data. Hopefully the people who reset will get beta but it may need 7 days of days?

That's how I'm leaning. If Elon delays again, I can always try opt out/back in later. Good advice, thanks.

Anybody know if I leave an iPad mini in my car while it's parked in the airport garage, and keep the personal hotspot on the iPad turned on, if I can then connect the car to the personal hotspot and download 10.3 through the app while I'm away? (presuming it is made available on Fri night/Sat morning)

I'm looking for some advice. I started out without understanding how sensitive the safety score metrics are in my first couple of drives on 10/8 to 10/11. My average was 98. For the last few days, I have driven 136 miles with a 100 score. I filled out a copy of the safety score calculator template, and according to my speadsheet, my current average (as of yesterday) is 98.789 with 504 miles driven, which is being rounded up to 99 (yeah!). It looks like me to get my score down to 99.5 (I'm assuming normal rounding is used), I will need to drive another 716 miles at 100. Here is a link to my Google sheets file:

Here are my questions:

1. How many days back is the calculation done for getting the FSD beta? I have heard 30 days, 7 days, 100 miles
2. Is there anything else I can do short of driving the 700+ miles or resetting my FSD beta request, to get my score up to 100?

I'm so close to getting the FSD beta and don't want to blow it! I know they're saying we might get it if we're at 99 on Friday, but I won't be able to get that many miles in over the next two days.

I don’t know the answers to tpoz’s questions, but our MY was hopelessly stuck at 94, so I re-set yesterday afternoon. We waited hours and the SS did not go away, even with multiple power-downs, and log out/ins. Then something interesting happened.

We got a notification that a Tesla app update was available around 10 pm Eastern, so we immediately updated it. The SS was gone. I took the car out for a short spin before midnight, and put on 9 miles, and my SS reappeared at 100. After midnight, I took the car for a gentle run to build some clean miles. We live a few miles south of the Kennedy Space Center, so I drove three, 31-mile loops across the center to rapidly build up to 102 total miles, since reset. There were numerous deer, an opossum, road debris, and a construction zone that all thumbed their nose at me, as I silently passed them in the night.

I hope that this will prevent my wife from having a stroke. She’ll be sincerely “driving on eggshells” today, trying to preserve that 100 as long as possible, but within a few miles, someone will cut her off, etc. She now knows the “double button reboot” should clear any obvious squawks, but she uses that car for work, and may not have time to stop and reboot.

No email or push notification yet, after 5 hours. I wonder if we’ll have to wait for 7 days to accumulate? My wife says that this is driving her crazy, but that it’s like watching a train wreck. You just can’t look away!

....No email or push notification yet, after 5 hours. I wonder if we’ll have to wait for 7 days to accumulate?....
No one knows for sure but it looks like they are taking daily (every 24 hours) snapshots for 100s. Could be you just missed the last. If correct in theory the longest you would have to wait would be about 47 hours if you just missed the cutoff.

I have 1170 miles since began scoring. I was at 100 for the first 5 days and then used AP on the highway for a 180 mile trip and got a high % on too close following at a 7 setting plus 1% on hard braking. That took my score down to 96 on day 5. Driving each day with 5 mile up to 70 mile trips all scoring 99 and 100's I am only up to 97 and driving 700 miles.

What I don't understand is if I use the simulator and enter my total scores on each measure- I get a 99. If I measure my 7 day Moving average since the low AP score, I get a 99. If I average all the daily scores I get a 98. None of the math lines up.

Big question is does the calculation for the total use a 7 day moving average of daily scores or do we now get evaluated on every day since Sep 25th, the beginning?

I have 1170 miles since began scoring. I was at 100 for the first 5 days and then used AP on the highway for a 180 mile trip and got a high % on too close following at a 7 setting plus 1% on hard braking. That took my score down to 96 on day 5. Driving each day with 5 mile up to 70 mile trips all scoring 99 and 100's I am only up to 97 and driving 700 miles.

What I don't understand is if I use the simulator and enter my total scores on each measure- I get a 99. If I measure my 7 day Moving average since the low AP score, I get a 99. If I average all the daily scores I get a 98. None of the math lines up.

Big question is does the calculation for the total use a 7 day moving average of daily scores or do we now get evaluated on every day since Sep 25th, the beginning?
Everything. Wouldn’t expect a 7 day anything. That was elons initial plan but that changed to 2 weeks. Now it’s better to assume everything for the purposes of 10.3 on 10/22