Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 99 Safety Scores receive FSD Beta yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 1170 miles since began scoring. I was at 100 for the first 5 days and then used AP on the highway for a 180 mile trip and got a high % on too close following at a 7 setting plus 1% on hard braking. That took my score down to 96 on day 5. Driving each day with 5 mile up to 70 mile trips all scoring 99 and 100's I am only up to 97 and driving 700 miles.

What I don't understand is if I use the simulator and enter my total scores on each measure- I get a 99. If I measure my 7 day Moving average since the low AP score, I get a 99. If I average all the daily scores I get a 98. None of the math lines up.

Big question is does the calculation for the total use a 7 day moving average of daily scores or do we now get evaluated on every day since Sep 25th, the beginning?
Mileage weighted average of each day's rounded score. They have said that it is for 30 days and we haven't gotten to 30 yet.

Reactions: tdiggity
Everything. Wouldn’t expect a 7 day anything. That was elons initial plan but that changed to 2 weeks. Now it’s better to assume everything for the purposes of 10.3 on 10/22
Mileage weighted average of each day's rounded score. They have said that it is for 30 days and we haven't gotten to 30 yet.

Thanks. I think after reading more of this thread I will give it tomorrow morning and if my 97 doesn't change, I will reset as described and then start over with 100's like I have done the past several days.

It appears people are getting the beta email / download mid week with 100 score plus 100miles after reset so that sounds like a plan to circumvent the flaws in this SS calculator.

To verify-
1. cancel out of the beta button in the car.
2. Reboot the car with the two scroll wheels
3. Reboot the app by rebooting the iphone
4. make sure the SS score disappears. May take several hours.
5. I will wait until next day ( Saturday) before hitting the beta button to volunteer again
6. Wait for the SS score tab to reappear and verify it has reset.
7. Begin to drive for 100 score. Drive for 100miles +

If I missed a step in the work around, let me know.

I get the red "Frontal Collision Warning" light coming up every day on FSD....and never when I'm off FSD. My Safety Score sits at 96, penalized by "Frontal Collision Warning" going off too often according to the summary...so I'm a bit suspicious regarding how these scores are calculated, and whether the claim that they don't include FSD driving issues in the score... But it's moot, since a 96 won't likely get me Beta FSD until 2024...

Hi all.. good discussion. My score is 96 but had couple lower scores in first few days. The question about the score being calculated from data over last 30 days is important (this is what the Tesla info says) because if my bad scores are dropped within 30 days my score should go to 99 or 100. All my other scores or 98 to 100. My score went from 93 up to 96 more recently. Unfortunately the worse scores make up more milage of the total miles driven. If this miles are dropped it should boost my score. Willing to wait another couple of weeks or so if above correct.

I get the red "Frontal Collision Warning" light coming up every day on FSD....and never when I'm off FSD. My Safety Score sits at 96, penalized by "Frontal Collision Warning" going off too often according to the summary...so I'm a bit suspicious regarding how these scores are calculated, and whether the claim that they don't include FSD driving issues in the score... But it's moot, since a 96 won't likely get me Beta FSD until 2024...
Same here. I have 3 FCW. All false. One car turned right about 30 yards ahead of me and I got dinged. Another one when it was stopped at a stop sign and a car turned towards me and got close. The 3rd was when I stopped and let two girls cross in front on my car and walk in the middle of the street. Oh well. I’m not cheating I somehow recovered with 900 miles now and I’m at 99.

Reactions: gaspi101 and BCNY
I read advice in this forum that AP won't count toward your SS but often when doing a long drive in AP / NOA you might need to disengage it manually because of something AP isn't responding to. At that moment, if you are too close to the car ahead of you or you have to hit the regen brake to slow for an S bend in a construction zone ( that AP can't handle) or a car cuts you off and the FCW goes off you will get strikes against you. I believe this was my case driving the speed limit in AP through Orlando traffic on I-4 where I had to manually exit AP many times for these reasons. While I have not had FCW yet, my wife has when a woman texting steps in front of her while she was driving 10mph.
I accept that excuse and why I felt 180 miles of AP driving I scored an 88.

From my home wifi. The car is sending data in the middle of the night. It did this for a few days before the last update as well. I thought others might find this interesting.

I’m at 1200+ miles and 99% (calculated it to 98.89)

Attachments

• C1B0EA1F-1F42-4666-9A3D-A58F1F64AB56.png
    C1B0EA1F-1F42-4666-9A3D-A58F1F64AB56.png
    161.2 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: sfuape
100 score with about 200mi for 2 days after leaving / re-entering beta 2 days ago with a 98 and like 1k mi, got in overnight and installing now.

FSD did awful trying to get out of my 1 lane hick backroad that my house is on :) Kept trying to hunt back and forth very jerky I think trying to interpret it as a 2 lane road. Didn't crash or anything, but didn't do well.

Turning onto a 2 lane highway from there, it crept up with its nose in the highway and stopped with oncoming traffic. I put it in reverse and backed up - but that could have been bad if my reaction time wasn't spot on

From the hiway to the interstate it did perfect, and from the interstate to my work it did perfect.

I'm interested in seeing how it will do coming home in the daylight and in reverse orientation on my crap home road

DE9BF49B-621F-4BE6-9014-7C82B9386EBB.jpeg

Sitting at 99 after 347 miles past 4 days since opt out/in. Had a single 134 mile drive at 99 and rest of drives at 100 so hoping it'd eventually give me the 100. On a trip without access to wifi now so not sure if I can use Hotspot to download in the event I'm allowed into the beta. I'll keep all updated, hoping for the best!

After being bitten by the uncommunicated 100 mile minimum on the first roll out, I decided to make sure I didn't get passed up for this rollout. (didn't realize it had been trickling out as people met the requirements), so last night I took a 105 mile 100/100 drive. That gives me over 100 miles on the car, and a 100 score since the start. Hopefully the software actually gets pushed to my car this time.

i dont understand this safety score concept. this is bad on Tesla part. as we have already paid for FSD, we should be given FSD no matter of score we have. tesla doesnt want to perform testing in house. they rely on the date we send to them.
i am very unhappy with tesla progress on this fsd update on the cars
That is because it is not FSD yet, you will just be a tester of FSD "Beta" Version, which refers to pre-production version of FSD. So it does makes sense that they make sure it is going out to drivers who are safe drivers. But FSD is production ready, everyone will get it irrespective of your driving style.

It took me 1.25 hours from opting out before my SS disappeared on the app. Opted back in. After 2 hours, still no option on the app for SS. Decided to go for a 2-mile ride - SS appeared immediately, saying "waiting for your first drive".

Might be coincidence, of course.
I drove most of the afternoon and in 3 trips recorded 119 miles. I don't have the app SS tab so I don't know how I did. But 30 miles was below 50mph. Leg 2 was 60miles at 45-70mph. Careful not to exceed 50 with when I could see a car in front. Should be OK for unsafe following. 29miles was on AP at 65mph. No interventions. Between each leg I stopped the car and got out for a couple minutes.

So if Tesla is tracking this I should be over the minimum 100 miles and based on prior trips like this should score 100.

My wife's M Y still has the score but nothing I did will activate it on any of our devices. Maybe it will show up tomorrow.