Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 99 Safety Scores receive FSD Beta yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed, it has become a nightmare... I can't believe Tesla Insurance in Texas is going to implement this disaster of a monitoring system on its participants. Gaining 100% every damn day will put you in a neurotic nuthouse in no time. I'm a retired physician and this has to be one of the most obsessive compulsive disorder generating programs I've ever willingly undergone, only to get the FSD I paid for YEARS AGO... It is truly maddening...
In my opinion, the safety score is more a measurement of whether those around you drive unsafely, and therefore for insurance purposes may make sense, provided that those with a safety score above 80, for instance, receive a discount on their insurance premiums, compared to those with scores below 50.

Trying for a score of 100 is a bit insane.

Reactions: K5TRX
Now it looks like, according to Musk's tweets, all of us with AP 2.0 are going to have to wait for camera upgrades before getting FSD Beta. I did upgrade to HW3, but still have mostly original cameras (changed the front repeaters to black model Y units)....so I guess my Safety Score doesn't matter after all

Now it looks like, according to Musk's tweets, all of us with AP 2.0 are going to have to wait for camera upgrades before getting FSD Beta. I did upgrade to HW3, but still have mostly original cameras (changed the front repeaters to black model Y units)....so I guess my Safety Score doesn't matter after all
Can someone explain how I check this on my car? Had HW2.5, upgraded to HW3. What are my cameras? (2018 Model 3)

When did you opt-out? Long did that take
I opted out at 9:30AM
The 97 score w 1189miles disappeared at 10:30AM
I opted back in at 11AM. and went for a 3 mile drive.
But all methods tried to make the tab reappear failed so I went on a long drive.
I drove 119miles yesterday afternoon and no score tab until this morning.

Maybe Tesla was not accepting opt-in requests on their server until this morning???

Just do the two thumb wheels reset, but make sure you don’t get out of the driver’s seat first. I think the trip is logged as soon as your butt leaves the driver’s seat.
Tesla Score Reset To Delete a Bad Trip or Event:
What do you do if someone cuts you off or you have a bad event, especially an Auto Pilot Disengagement Third Strike?
Here is how to delete the event and the entire trip since you last were in Park.
  1. Do NOT go into Park. Do NOT open any car door as this also puts the car in Park.
  2. Pull over in a safe spot, come to a stop, and let the car go into Hold (H).
  3. Press and hold the two thumb wheels on the steering wheel at the same time.
  4. Continue to hold the two wheels until the Cell Phone bars icon changes to a slash.
  5. Once the screen goes black, press the Park button.
  6. Wait until the map comes back up on the screen. Go into Drive, then Park again.
Tesla Score Reset Notes:
  • If you Park before the reset, the trip may be already logged and the reset may fail.
  • If you do not press Park after the reset, the next trip, until you do Park, may also be deleted.

• Helpful
Reactions: Duffer and Limited
Tesla Score Reset To Delete a Bad Trip or Event:
What do you do if someone cuts you off or you have a bad event, especially an Auto Pilot Disengagement Third Strike?
Here is how to delete the event and the entire trip since you last were in Park.
  1. Do NOT go into Park. Do NOT open any car door as this also puts the car in Park.
  2. Pull over in a safe spot, come to a stop, and let the car go into Hold (H).
  3. Press and hold the two thumb wheels on the steering wheel at the same time.
  4. Continue to hold the two wheels until the Cell Phone bars icon changes to a slash.
  5. Once the screen goes black, press the Park button.
  6. Wait until the map comes back up on the screen. Go into Drive, then Park again.
Tesla Score Reset Notes:
  • If you Park before the reset, the trip may be already logged and the reset may fail.
  • If you do not press Park after the reset, the next trip, until you do Park, may also be deleted..
There is a point where the drive is considered over and the safety score is saved. It appears to be the same point that triggers pin to drive. So if you reset any time before the drive is "over" it will not save the safety score data for that drive.

My procedure to record the safety score for a drive is:
  1. Stop and shift to park.
  2. Unbuckle seat belt.
  3. Open the door.
  4. Lift butt out of seat.
So I believe that if you haven't done #4 yet, then you should be able to reset without recording the safety score data for your drive. Shifting into park does not seem to be the trigger as I've done this many times without ending the drive.

Thank you! I keep reading that AP2.0 and AP2.5 are virtually identical, so I’ve quite confused on the matter.

The most relevant difference in this case is HW2 cameras had different color filters. The 2.5+ cameras can see color differences better is the overly simplistic version- AFAIK they're physically the same cameras apart from that.