Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 99 Safety Scores receive FSD Beta yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found it quite aggravating, too. I tried to use it for several drives today, but I had to repeatedly disengage it. At one point, the route on the screen had me going straight through an intersection, but the car planted itself in the right-turn lane, then was moving inconsistently as it reached the intersection, as if it couldn't decide whether to turn right or try to change lanes with no space left to do so. I disengaged and got an immediate FCW alert because of a car that was turning left in front of me. It frequently took turns too rapidly or too slowly, put itself in the wrong lane or couldn't decide which lane to be in, etc.

I don't plan to opt out, but right now, IMHO, the software is downright dangerous. People really should not be too eager to get it. As I've posted elsewhere, this is not the finished product for which we've paid thousands of dollars. Even calling it "beta" software is quite a stretch.
Yes. Exactly. It was very stressful to constantly monitor. I agree. It’s a beta of beta.

Reactions: srs5694
Mine never worked from the start, after D/L this morning I verified it installed and tried to go on a test drive. When I tried to turn on I got a Sorry, Maps has to be installed Via WiFi before you can use this. ok my Fiber 300 Mbps WiFi will make short work of this. Max speed got to 2.0 Mbps figured server was busy and left it and came back after a few hours and Boom the slide switch is no longer greyed out. Programmed nearby destination and pulled down on the stalk twice. Nothing. Starrt going and get to 20 mph and tru the stalk again and again nothing. I Loved the Display but never could get FSD, Auto steer, or even cruise control to work. Turn off Beta and AP works just like it has been for the last year. Odd my "Smart" summon no longer works as it did. It never was perfect but now, I can't even describe it. Takes forever to connect, once it does starting it is erratic steering wheel left, right, full right then full left several back and fourth then a lurch forward and back to LRLR, very indecisive with no progress forward except maybe 3 feet. Again, Sigh...
2019 M3 HW 2.5 Updated to 3 VER 2021.36.5.2 I also saw the .1 update working on my phone and stopped watching at 38% but nothing changed.

At 100 score with over 200 miles but still no FSD update. I have a Model S, 2017 with FSD computer upgraded. Not sure why I am not getting the invite. I read somewhere about camera upgrade, how do I know if my camera was upgraded? Is there something on the Settings screen I can take a look at?

@Mrjay (and for anybody else who's interested), I've checked my configuration screens, and here's the FSD-on-city-streets option on my car. There are also some new sub-options, like the one further down to expand the driving visualization. (It doesn't expand it as dramatically as it does in some YouTube videos I've seen, though.)
fsd-option.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors and K5TRX
At 100 score with over 200 miles but still no FSD update. I have a Model S, 2017 with FSD computer upgraded. Not sure why I am not getting the invite. I read somewhere about camera upgrade, how do I know if my camera was upgraded? Is there something on the Settings screen I can take a look at?
My guess is Tesla sees they have a serious bug in 10.3 and are busy now fixing that before any additional downloads. I'm happy to wait for this to get fixed.

I am exactly in the same situation. 100 score Model S, 2017 with MCU2, HW 2.5 upgraded to HW3

@Mrjay (and for anybody else who's interested), I've checked my configuration screens, and here's the FSD-on-city-streets option on my car. There are also some new sub-options, like the one further down to expand the driving visualization. (It doesn't expand it as dramatically as it does in some YouTube videos I've seen, though.)View attachment 725258
Yes, that was the one that was greyed out until I upgraded the Maps version this morning additionally I've tried it on chill and average with the same results nothing.

I have an early 2017 model S. I have a 100 safety score and will hit the 100 mile threshold soon. I paid for the computer to be upgraded. But I’m not sure about the rest of the hardware. Is rheee a way to look that up? Are there people with my same hardware who are conclusively getting the beta?

I have an early 2017 model S. I have a 100 safety score and will hit the 100 mile threshold soon. I paid for the computer to be upgraded. But I’m not sure about the rest of the hardware. Is rheee a way to look that up? Are there people with my same hardware who are conclusively getting the beta?
Original AP2.0 configurations, despite having the FSD computer upgrade, will likely not make it into the beta. The cameras were changed for AP2.5 and those are what they're requiring now. Those cameras weren't swapped out during the upgrade, but Elon says they will eventually do it for no additional cost. I personally don't expect them to do it until FSD is out of beta though.

I'm in the same boat and am quite disappointed, but on the bright side we can opt out and start driving normally again.

Here is another thread about it.

I guess some of you don't pay attention to what's going on but Tesla has suspended the beta roll out until, maybe, tomorrow as they attempt to fix the bug in the code that is causing FSD testers to lose their beta status due to phantom multiple Forward Collision Warnings. see post number 207

Tesla has not yet acknowledged the many non beta testers that began to get similar FCW's beginning yesterday. I think there is a date triggered trojan horse embedded in the base code. Who knows for how long? I got the warning yesterday and I wasn't even in the beta FSD nor on AP.

I guess some of you don't pay attention to what's going on but Tesla has suspended the beta roll out until, maybe, tomorrow as they attempt to fix the bug in the code that is causing FSD testers to lose their beta status due to phantom multiple Forward Collision Warnings. see post number 207

Tesla has not yet acknowledged the many non beta testers that began to get similar FCW's beginning yesterday. I think there is a date triggered trojan horse embedded in the base code. Who knows for how long? I got the warning yesterday and I wasn't even in the beta FSD nor on AP.
I thought that was what the 10.3.1 was supposed to fix, and roll out was already commencing again?