Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 99 Safety Scores receive FSD Beta yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has not yet acknowledged the many non beta testers that began to get similar FCW's beginning yesterday. I think there is a date triggered trojan horse embedded in the base code.
Keep in mind Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." Unless you have evidence that there's a Trojan Horse in Tesla's code, it's best to assume that the buggy behavior seen over the past day or so is just that: a bug.

OK……. I somehow thought the purpose of the safety score, was among other things, to enter the beta. Remember the “button ?” Lots of people believe what Elon says… me, not so much. He tweeted a car would drive itself to New York. He does have significant influence though, and a genius. He also tweeted today he wanted to expand the beta, so I either will or won’t get it. Thx
Yes the safety score is part of the criteria. But it is also used for insurance in Texas. The other criteria was driving 100 miles.

I had all kinds of problems with the beta yesterday. Got the email at 11.41 pm but checked it at 5 am yesterday . Immediately went to the car and its LA triathlon so all the streets are closed. Decided not to install it in here. so went to the supercharger and installed there tested it on an empty street. it was ok. charged the car and took it to the freeway and now everything is bad. Took the next exit switched off the beta but its still giving me FCW for no reason ! I tried to drive at 3 miles/hr speed and it was still giving me annoying FCW warning ! Accepted the downgrade after half an hour but it was still doing the same thing but less frequent now. Checked the safety score , its 47 lol !

Now I really want to forget about all this so drove to Mount Baldy and spent all day there. Came back at midnight after 183 miles yesterday and my overall score is now 92 . I just saw the notification in the app saying new update available .Clicked install - Fingers crossed , Is second times a charm or third time?:) . Its raining here but my Tesla likes to play in the rain so I Will report back later .

I just went out to do a sho
Keep in mind Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." Unless you have evidence that there's a Trojan Horse in Tesla's code, it's best to assume that the buggy behavior seen over the past day or so is just that: a bug.

You can never solve a problem unless you first suspect unless you believe in pure luck to happen upon it by accident.

I first believe this is not a v10.3 FSD beta release bug. because there are too many non-beta testers who are experiencing the same issue that began only yesterday.

Second, it had to be date triggered because I've been on this version 32.22 since September 25th and never a FCW. In fact never had any FCW on either of my Teslas until yesterday when both began this trouble.

Third, Tesla builds there software by modifying the prior version so if there is a time triggered trojan horse in the software from way back it can hide until something triggers it. The last time Tesla started fresh, so they claim, is when they stopped using radar and rewrote the base code.

Something doesn't add up here. Until Tesla looks beyond 10.3 into the base code, they won't resolve this problem.

I just returned from a short test drive of 5 miles on back roads and no cars in my path on the last 3 tenths of a mile and I got 3 FCW in a row with no cars or pedestrians in sight driving at 20mph. I can't imagine what that would do to my Safety Score. I pulled into my driveway and went through the trip data abort process as has been documented by others. It worked and my 99 score remains with no driving event today. I don't even have the latest non-beta update and I started getting these FCW's yesterday for the first time ever.

PS, don't place Hanlon's Razor as your plan to solve a problem. It has been disproven many times. Not everything can be attributed to gross stupidity. Tesla has many enemies and contrary to fanboy belief not all people are out to make Tesla a success. You have to suspect incompetence, stupidity, overworked and screwing up, as well as malice.

• Disagree
Reactions: srs5694
I just went out to do a sho

You can never solve a problem unless you first suspect unless you believe in pure luck to happen upon it by accident.

I first believe this is not a v10.3 FSD beta release bug. because there are too many non-beta testers who are experiencing the same issue that began only yesterday.

So the problem there is this release, which is 36.5.x, is the first time they used a normal production release for non-beta customers. Hence the difference you think exists does not.

Green even noted it at the time.

Second, it had to be date triggered because I've been on this version 32.22 since September 25th and never a FCW. In fact never had any FCW on either of my Teslas until yesterday when both began this trouble.

This does not make sense.

The SW with the issue was not 32.22, it was 36.5.2

No 32.x firmware was recalled at all, indeed Teslafi shows almost 30% of the fleet still on 32.22 and they're obviously not all broken or it'd be a major news story.

Third, Tesla builds there software by modifying the prior version so if there is a time triggered trojan horse in the software from way back it can hide until something triggers it. The last time Tesla started fresh, so they claim, is when they stopped using radar and rewrote the base code.

This, too, is nonsense.

Cars with radar (excluding beta cars) still use the radar. Even on the latest firmware.

This is why radar cars (non beta) can still set speed to 90, or follow to 1-- while vision only cars can not.

Something doesn't add up here

Many things don't, but they appear to all reside in your mistaken assumptions.

That's apart from how weird it'd be for someone to:

1. Be able to introduce a trojan into teslas code in the first place.
and
2. Choose to have the effects of it be.... a bunch of random FCWs and disabling AP for some people.

Which seems pretty nonsensical even if we ignore all the other flaws in your claims.

Unless you're a Tesla employee, you're not being asked to solve the problem. You and I are both spectators; we can speculate, but we don't have access to the code, nor are we being asked to solve the problem. Of course, Tesla might need to consider the possibility of a Trojan Horse, but they have access to the source code, revision history, training data, etc., as well as the expertise to check all these things. Thus, Tesla can check to see what's triggering the problem and, in all probability, quickly rule the possibility of a Trojan Horse in or out. For the general public, shouting "Trojan Horse" at every bug is unjustified. Most bugs are simply that: bugs.

To clarify: Are you saying that you've been on 2021.32.22 continuously for a month, never had a problem before yesterday, and are now experiencing false-alarm FCW alerts? If so, that's the first I've seen such a report -- all the other reports of the excessive FCW alerts that I've seen have been with 2021.36.x. To be sure, there have been reports of occasional FCW false alarms for a long time, but the sorts of reports of them happening frequently are new. If you're the only person experiencing this problem on 2021.32.22, then I'd chalk that up to coincidence; but if there are significant numbers of people on 2021.32.22 who suddenly began having this problem recently, then it could be something else -- perhaps date-triggered, but perhaps something else is going on. This might or might not be a Trojan Horse; for instance, it could be that falling temperatures or autumn colors on trees is confusing the FCW algorithms (although as you're in Florida, chances are those aren't factors for you).
The no-radar Tesla Vision builds are being pushed out even to the cars equipped with radar. I noticed this in the 2021.36.5.2 release notes, but it may have been pushed out before then. (I haven't been paying close attention to this issue.)

No software developer completely re-writes their software "from scratch" with every release. In fact, I expect that even the Tesla Vision version shares a lot of code with previous versions. This isn't really a point in favor of your Trojan Horse hypothesis; it's just a part of how Trojan Horses in code work in general.
PS, don't place Hanlon's Razor as your plan to solve a problem.
It's not, because, as stated before, it's neither my nor your job to fix Tesla's buggy software. In this context, Hanlon's Razor is a useful heuristic for guiding discussions. Assuming that malice is at play is a good way to start a conspiracy theory, but it's not a good starting assumption for a rational public discussion of a problem. That's not to say that malice can be entirely ruled out, either; but without further evidence, in this context, it's a poor starting assumption. Tesla has a lot more evidence on this issue than we do, and in fact they've already pushed out 2021.36.5.3. That fact is not evidence in favor either of a non-malicious bug or of a Trojan Horse; Tesla could have discovered and fixed either within the day and a half or so that the buggy version has been available to the general public.

Reactions: Richt
I guess some of you don't pay attention to what's going on but Tesla has suspended the beta roll out until, maybe, tomorrow as they attempt to fix the bug in the code that is causing FSD testers to lose their beta status due to phantom multiple Forward Collision Warnings. see post number 207

Tesla has not yet acknowledged the many non beta testers that began to get similar FCW's beginning yesterday. I think there is a date triggered trojan horse embedded in the base code. Who knows for how long? I got the warning yesterday and I wasn't even in the beta FSD nor on AP.

Don't need Hanlon's Razor here. Can we just stop with conspiracy theories?

Plenty of evidence now that people who got their safety scores dinged still got the 10.3.1 fix.

The SW with the issue was not 32.22, it was 36.5.2
Simple claim but you are wrong as I have the proof. You don't know everything that is going on behind the scenes at Tesla. Neither do I but if you could be so intuitive as to explain why so many Tesla owners I have talked to who are not in the beta program are having the same exact problem on 32.22 and 32.25? I'm on 32.22.

I just returned from a 2.1 mile drive and had to abort the data again due to another FCW. I repeated the drive and was finally successful. There were no other cars or pedestrians on this back road.

I recognize that so many fanboys of Tesla believe they can never do anything wrong and Tesla has no enemies. I just have an open mind to these things and consider ALL possibilities. Until Tesla answers the question why non-beta testers are also getting the FCW that mysteriously showed up at the same time as 10.3 then I remain suspicious on ALL root causes. My concern is the focus is on the FSD beta now for many reasons and they're not even looking at how many others are having the same problem.

Answer me this: What could cause such a wide spread flaw that affects many software versions on exactly the same day? I've recorded 6 FCW's now since yesterday on 8 trips. I never had even one FCW, ever before.

Last edited:
Have you checked your FCW settings? Perhaps they all got reset to "Early" or something.
Good suggestion but I checked that yesterday and it hasn't changed. Besides, how can even early be triggering it if there is nothing around to collide with?

But to answer your question I do have it set to "medium."

Yesterday afternoon I did a test drive with it off and when I got back I checked the app and while I got no alert at all it still reported a phantom FCW to the app. I believe there is something to that effect in the SS FAQ. I never used Early or Late.

IMG_2334.jpg

Have you checked your FCW settings? Perhaps they all got reset to "Early" or something.
For what its worth, I have my FCW set to early, drove almost 100 miles in rainy rush hour traffic, and no FCWs, or phantom braking. I didn’t get to enjoy the 10.3 fiasco because I had less than 100 miles. Elon may have said 100 miles, but the website for driving score said miles don’t matter, but websites can be wrong.
Actually I don’t care that much after going all in on TSLA at 855, and it’s now trading at 1025. I‘ve had a position since 660. I’ll just buy another one and start a new score, or maybe a Rivian. Good thing the Hertz deal happened after this weekends madness. Time to take a little off the table.

Simple claim but you are wrong as I have the proof.

Great, where is it?

I ask because as I mention, almost 1/3rd of the entire fleet is in the version you list, buy only you are reporting these issues on it.

So where's the proof there's an issue GENERALLY with that version and it magically appeared just now?

You don't know everything that is going on behind the scenes at Tesla. Neither do I

Clearly.

but if you could be so intuitive as to explain why so many Tesla owners I have talked to who are not in the beta program are having the same exact problem on 32.22 and 32.25? I'm on 32.22.

<citation needed>
(beyond "I talked to people but can't prove any of that")

Where's all the posts right here about that version having this issue?

There've been PLENTY from folks on the 36 branch with it.

I've seen zero from anyone on the 32 one reporting this suddenly happening though except you.

Answer me this: What could cause such a wide spread flaw that affects many software versions on exactly the same day? I've recorded 6 FCW's now since yesterday on 8 trips. I never had even one FCW, ever before.

Again you've offered no actual proof it happened on "so many software versions"

Back to the topic at hand: have more 99 received the FSD Beta? The tracking sheet doesn't show more than about 3-4, yes, people don't always go back and update things like that in real time, but it would appear that a 99 still isn't getting it least not a single handful and 100 is still king.

Reactions: boonedocks
Back to the topic at hand: have more 99 received the FSD Beta? The tracking sheet doesn't show more than about 3-4, yes, people don't always go back and update things like that in real time, but it would appear that a 99 still isn't getting it least not a single handful and 100 is still king.
99 since mid day Friday with no email and no updates to the car.

Reactions: Dr Doom and JeremyJ
It’s indeed. Pressed the button day o and as of Saturday had a 99 since day one with 3,100+ miles.

I did get the Beta as well as lost it hours later and got .1 today at 12:30pm EST

My car turned 99 yesterday. Was hoping I would get it overnight, but did not...

Reactions: JeremyJ
Thought I’d throw in my brief experience as a 99er: I had a 99 for the past three weeks and got it on Saturday evening. Drove home on Sunday and all heck broke out with the FCWs, AEBs and such and terrified my wife. Started the rollback that afternoon but it paused and never went through and got the email and 10.3.1 download this morning. Haven’t driven it since the new download though.