Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 99 Safety Scores receive FSD Beta yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am super lucky in this regard. my wife laughs every time the car does something stupid.
The thing that terrified my wife was the Automatic Emergency Braking. It did it when I was well behind the car in front of me, but I was passing an 18-wheeler and a pickup was close behind me while it was heavily-raining. It braked so hard, she thought we got hit.

• Informative
Reactions: Matias
Again you've offered no actual proof it happened on "so many software versions"
I'm not going to round up all the claims I have read and go out and do interviews of the local owners who have had this experience beginning Saturday. They are not beta testers. Neither am I.

But I do screen captures of my daily activity where you can see the FCW at 0 for the past month of near 1200 miles. So just because you and a few others have implied I am a liar I will show you the odd occurrence and "coincidental suspicious timing" of FCW's that showed up just this weekend.

IMG_2318.PNG
Now more recently, still no record of FCW as of October 22

IMG_2321.PNG

Here's what happened on October 24th

IMG_2327.PNG

So, on the 22nd I reset the score with an opt out and back in and managed to do additional trips for 219 miles by Sunday night.

I received instructions from others I referred to who were resetting the individual trip data before it got sent in so I can't show you the FCW's I got Monday morning on 4 short trips. Finally I was able to register a trip with no FCW and this is what it did.

IMG_2335.PNG

I have never received a FCW since owning a Tesla until Saturday and Sunday when I began to get several for no apparent reason.

Thanks to several others who explained how to delete the phantom FCW trips from my scoring, I now have my score back to a solid 99 with a reboot miles of 220.

My wife's Model Y has been getting them this past weekend too but her score is now down from 98 to low 90's because of them. She isn't interested in being a beta tester so it doesn't matter to her if her score is 1 because of flaws in the software as long as it doesn't affect her safe driving record.

You can believe there is nothing wrong with non-beta versions and I will continue to believe there is.

Ok at 99 score with 100 miles plus since last Sunday. Curious how everyone thinks this works. Does it mean that there is a long queue of 99s and rollouts will continue so net, net just keep the score up and hope?

Back to the topic at hand: have more 99 received the FSD Beta? The tracking sheet doesn't show more than about 3-4, yes, people don't always go back and update things like that in real time, but it would appear that a 99 still isn't getting it least not a single handful and 100 is still king.
I have a 99 safety score and received the beta on Sunday morning. (I got the e-mail at 3-ish AM, US Eastern Time, and installed it when I woke up.) I don't know about this tracking spreadsheet you reference.

I think last week, we saw an extension to 99’s AND a rolling roll-out. Not necessarily daily, but more frequently than once a week on late Friday. I think that has CHANGED, and we’re probably back to a Friday MAYBE roll-out to more 99’s, but with possibly a more regional or nationwide distribution. Who knows, Elon knows.

It would certainly be nice to know. ...Like where you're at on the queue and when you're likely to get the beta especially after all the work that people have done over the past several weeks to get their score up to 99. Of course, then there's the opt out opt in people but that certainly doesn't bother me, people have paid for this FSD stuff .

last week I was 99 and very close to 100 so to take all the waiting out of the equation, I did the late night rides and got to 100% to guarantee me the 10.2 beta last Thursday. I anticipated that there would be long waits if I was hanging out 99.

I think it will slowly come to all the 99s this week in increments.

Reactions: Richt
I'm not going to round up all the claims I have read

Or....any of them apparently.

If you admit you're unwilling to support your own argument I guess that's progress :)

But I do screen captures of my daily activity

Which tells us literally nothing about anyone else having your problem

There's TONS of one-off problems cars have had for years and years that the general fleet doesn't have.

None of those were MYSTERIOUS TROJAN HORSE INFECTIONS either.

Monday morning I was able to bump my SS back to 99 but that was after Tesla decided to halt the roll out until they fixed the flaws in 10.3, get that out to the existing testers. But then they made a mistake according to Chuck Cook, veteran tester, where they rolled the fix back too far and it kicked many testers out of the program. So they had to roll out yet another to those who got kicked out to reactivate them. I believe this is the result of Tesla employees under lots of pressure to meet Elon's time pressure and they are making mistakes as a result.

While not inclusive, there were no 99 SS rollouts on 10/25 but lots of us in waiting according to the Google Sheets listing. Did anyone here with a 99 receive FSD beta yesterday? I'm still waiting.

Meanwhile, this has been the longest I have had any version of software. My average time between new updates was 10 days. I've been on 32.22 for over a month . Maybe, Tesla has some of us on hold while we wait for the program.

I had 99 for a while, dropped down to 98 then worked my way back to 99, no opting out and back in to get my score up. had a month of driving data and got the beta at 99. It works fantastic in my area by the way. Very confident and smooth. only issue is you cannot select between multiple routes in the navigation. so youre stuck on whatever route it wants to take you.

I have a 2021 Model Y AWD LR. Currently at 100 safety score with 200miles driven. As of today (Oct 26), I still have not received the beta download yet. (Yes, I am connected to strong WIFI. I also enabled sentry mode and summon standby to make sure the car does not sleep at night.). I see many users with score of 99 received their 10.3.1 release on Monday already. Is anyone else having the same issue?

I emailed [email protected] a few times but only got auto-reply. Chat and call Tesla support and they told me to email early access program. One strange point the support person on the phone told me "while your score of 100 may get you to be considered by the early access team, they may still deny your request for beta because they don't need your data based on the area you are in." That did not sound like what Elon has been tweeting. He only said 100 score with 100 miles.

Look forward to your feedback/suggestion.

Adding on to what you wrote:

Keep in mind, for those of you who are frustrated at the amount of effort it's taking to maintain a good score, when you get FSD beta, you will be exerting MORE effort monitoring the system. Remember, you are not getting FSD the "finished" product. You are getting early access to test FSD that still sucks. So when you get FSD and use it, and you realize that it's too much effort to monitor it, you might stop using it. At which point, you're not doing what you signed up for, which is to test the software. If you intend to be a beta tester, you need to be prepared that you might not ever drive the car the way you want to. If you cannot accept that, then the best course of action is to forget about early access, the safety score, etc, and just enjoy your car like you used to.
The question is how long will the beta last before ALL those who paid for it and have not scored below 50 are able to get it? There are many factors beond the control of the Tesla owner who bought FSD as to why a safety score is below 90. The safety score has glitches and is beta also and should not be the basis to delay getting the FSD, beta or otherwise.

Weird- the forum search doesn't even find a user with that name...only mention it turns up is your post.
Look in the spreadsheet where people post the dates they entered the FSD beta request. Search this: FSD Beta - Participants and Rollout Status Once the spreadsheet loads, see the comment in the lost volunteered why his score dropped. It's in the far left column in the "Notes"

I'll check back again to see if you need more help doing a search.

If you really want to learn more and not just try to post you believe I am lying, try doing a search on Reddit. I just did and discovered quite a few who have experienced the same as I did and those personal friends who only post in a paid members only Tesla club.

"I'm still concerned about the FCW, though. I have mine set to Late and I still might get the occasional false positive. "

" My driving was perfect and then after enabling autopilot to test it out I received 2 false forward collision warnings that dropped my score."

Last edited:
I just did and discovered quite a few who have experienced the same as I did and those personal friends who only post in a paid members only Tesla club.

Also, you DO have a girlfriend, but she's from Canada and we wouldn't know her, right?

"I'm still concerned about the FCW, though. I have mine set to Late and I still might get the occasional false positive. "

That's normal behavior, not a virus.

The folks who had the recalled-firmware issue were getting MASSIVE EMERGENCY BRAKING AT SPEED.

Like not just a random beep, but the car slamming on the brakes doing 70 mph for extended periods. Multiple times. On manual driving.

Not "an occasional false FCW"

So to sum up:

Your issue isn't the same issue as in the recalled firmware (36.5.2).

You appear to not even understand what the issue was and assume ANY issue with warnings is the same thing.

None of the older firmwares you believe ALSO have the problem you don't understand but remain 100% unable to show evidence of having have been recalled like 36.5.2 was.

But you're SURE it was a virus and impacts older firmwares too...because REASONS!