Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 99 Safety Scores receive FSD Beta yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The question is how long will the beta last before ALL those who paid for it and have not scored below 50 are able to get it? There are many factors beond the control of the Tesla owner who bought FSD as to why a safety score is below 90. The safety score has glitches and is beta also and should not be the basis to delay getting the FSD, beta or otherwise.

Nobody paid to test unfinished software not generally released....and they're not going to issue said unfinished beta to "all", that misunderstands what the beta even is.

The point of the beta is to gather enough testing data to get to a general release version

A version good enough they don't have to screen who gets it.

They're not there yet.

Depending whose experience you listen to, or whose videos you watch, they're varying degrees of close to that from (soon!) to (never unless they add cameras or something!)

I've been at 99 for ~2 weeks now, but pushed the button later than most (around Oct 10). Wondering if anyone else who joined this late has received the update yet? From the spreadsheet it doesn't look like it (but there are also a lot of empty entries for 99's who pushed it on day 1 - guessing a lot of folks forget to go back and update).

I'm also on a lease direct through tesla finance, not sure if that plays into this at all - just guessing like everyone else :)

Nobody paid to test unfinished software not generally released....and they're not going to issue said unfinished beta to "all", that misunderstands what the beta even is.

The point of the beta is to gather enough testing data to get to a general release version

A version good enough they don't have to screen who gets it.

They're not there yet.

Depending whose experience you listen to, or whose videos you watch, they're varying degrees of close to that from (soon!) to (never unless they add cameras or something!)
One complication is that Tesla currently labels several paid-for features, such as Navigate on Autopilot, as "beta." (I don't have a complete list of these "beta" features at hand right now, but there are several of them.) I believe this is partly a CYA maneuver on Tesla's part, but with these features currently labeled as "beta," it muddies the waters for the very, very beta FSD-on-city-streets features. If there's a CYA reluctance to remove the "beta" label from FSD, then I could see Tesla slowly expanding access to the FSD beta program to more people, until basically everybody is included, but it's not an official non-beta release version. If this is what happens -- and I suspect it will be -- then it'll just make it unclear when people driving on FSD are really beta-testing the features and when they're paying customers. IMHO, there should be a bright line between those two categories, for consumer protection purposes; but right now it's rather unclear and I fear it will become even less clear as time goes on.

One complication is that Tesla currently labels several paid-for features, such as Navigate on Autopilot, as "beta." (I don't have a complete list of these "beta" features at hand right now, but there are several of them.) I believe this is partly a CYA maneuver on Tesla's part, but with these features currently labeled as "beta," it muddies the waters for the very, very beta FSD-on-city-streets features. If there's a CYA reluctance to remove the "beta" label from FSD, then I could see Tesla slowly expanding access to the FSD beta program to more people, until basically everybody is included, but it's not an official non-beta release version. If this is what happens -- and I suspect it will be -- then it'll just make it unclear when people driving on FSD are really beta-testing the features and when they're paying customers. IMHO, there should be a bright line between those two categories, for consumer protection purposes; but right now it's rather unclear and I fear it will become even less clear as time goes on.
It's sorta like Gmail ... that was labeled "beta" for like a decade

Reactions: TravelFree
It's sorta like Gmail ... that was labeled "beta" for like a decade
Probably more relevant was Google Navigation, which was also an almost decade-long beta until more recently when that functionality was incorporated into Google Maps. They were pretty concerned that the nav could cause accidents, so they kept the beta tag on there to try to keep people alert.

I had a forward collision warning today it was a false one I was stopped and hit the pedel to start going and it came on. Dropped my daily score to 90. Got it back up to 95 on the way home. But still it moved my all time from 98 to 97 so I am not too happy because it was dumb. If it really was a collision warning how come my hard braking was 0, idk this is stupid and starting to get unsafe with me spending 2 minutes turning as slow as I can as aggressive turning has been my nemisis.
Yes, the phantom forward collision warnings and hard turns are very irritating.

Reactions: TravelFree
Yes, first. I'm in the 99% safety group.

fsdbeta_10_3_1.jpg

Finally getting FSDbeta is nice and all, but this isn't how I intend to drive my Tesla so I'm going to turn FSDbeta off and move on. I was doing some really unnatural things (no fun drives through mountain roads) trying to get a 99% safety score. I can't sustain that going forward.

Is this your first beta wave or did you get an email Friday night / Saturday morning?

View attachment 726342

Finally getting FSDbeta is nice and all, but this isn't how I intend to drive my Tesla so I'm going to turn FSDbeta off and move on. I was doing some really unnatural things (no fun drives through mountain roads) trying to get a 99% safety score. I can't sustain that going forward.
Thanks! If your report is timely then it appears that Tesla is reinstating the roll out after halting it for a couple days to check out their fix.

I understand your reluctance not to trust it. One good thing is that my understanding you can set up a special profile for beta testing and only use it when you want to "test" That leaves your normal profile alone for your critical driving tasks.

Stay safe!

View attachment 726342

What is the safety group? When did you get the install notice?

Unfortunately I'm stuck at 99 and no beta update. I think AP2.0 cars won't be getting it till our cameras get changed, which one would ask, why even offer the beta button on AP 2.0 cars if there wasn't a pathway for us to get it. doesn't make sense. just seems an exercise in futility.

Seriously thinking about resetting my 99 at this point
I did it once due to having a 99 score last week and a Phantom FCW, first one I ever got since owning a Tesla pulled me down to an 88. I managed to get it up to a 96 before learning the trick to prevent those phantom FCW's from being sent in. After resetting and doping normal daily driving I am a solid 99 again with a few hundred miles but no sign of being invited into the test group. I actually don't mind not being invited as I really enjoy my NOA and auto lane change features now. FSD beta would just add a few more features I would like to try.

Anyway, I've been in several types of formal beta testing teams for video editing software and hardware and understand how these things work.
It appears that Tesla is using several levels of beta testers. As a general definition, all beta testers are differentiated from alpha testers as beta testers are not employees. They either are given product to test or have purchased it. Purchasing never is considered privilege to becoming a product tester. The company decides who they want as a member of the test group.

I do agree that maintaining "beta" status for open to all is a CYA move. Tesla does have quite a few of these products under what appears to be permanent beta. It may be that Tesla considers it beta open to all because they continue to modify and improve the features using data from us customers. You do have to agree to this in a disclaimer for Tesla to gather your data to use these "public beta" products.

What we are all concerned about in FSD beta, is getting into a closed beta group. Once in, you are on the same level as those who were invited almost a year ago. The more time you are in that closed beta group, the more experience you have with the testing process. Nobody should assume this FSD beta is a product that they paid for and should be 99.99% perfect. They must understand they are a test pilot and could crash if not careful. If you would never want to be a test pilot in a product that could cause you to crash, then opt back out. I think the early beta testers are all doing an excellent job and only hope the rest of us waiting will do the same to make the product better on the path to Level 3 autonomy.

Ya think ? Wonder how the Beta robo taxi fleet will be accepted ? Tesla may be paying passengers by then

Well, I woke up this morning and my SS is finally at 99! I'm hoping to get FSD beta today, but don't know what the timeline is supposed to be. Will this come as a regular software update, or is there something I need to do? I think I remember reading that my car will "phone home" and let headquarters know that my SS is at 99, so I guess it's just a waiting game at this point. We'll see.

Well, I woke up this morning and my SS is finally at 99! I'm hoping to get FSD beta today, but don't know what the timeline is supposed to be. Will this come as a regular software update, or is there something I need to do? I think I remember reading that my car will "phone home" and let headquarters know that my SS is at 99, so I guess it's just a waiting game at this point. We'll see.
Unfortunately, there are LOTS of us that have been at 99 since before the 99 rollout who have yet to get the FSD beta sent to us. It guess it is just a waiting game at this point. However, it will be very disappointing if the 98 group start to get it next week while we are still waiting for it.