TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any active duty military owners?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by v8eater, Aug 30, 2015.

1. v8eater

v8eater New Member

Found this forum a few weeks ago and have read many threads. I'm not currently in a position to purchase (two teenagers in the house) but have a three year plan to own my dream car.

Just wanted to see if there were any active duty military members who have found a way to own a MS? I've been in for 23 years, 13 of those enlisted, and now serve as an Aviation Maintenance Duty Officer. Me and my family live very comfortably off just my income but I'm still not in a position to own. Many of the folks on this forum make big bucks, I'm not one of them.

Anyway, plan is to buy a used Volt to drive for three years then give to my daughter to drive. Then, if I'm lucky, I can get into a MS.

2. Wknapp0924

Wknapp0924 Member

Just bought a 70 inventory. My wife is an E-5 but just got picked up for Officer program. We have no kids and zero debt until now and save and invest. All other cars were paid off. I guess our X factor is I am a GS-12 and no kids.