Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any advantage to adding FSD pre delivery? Located in SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the other issue is that you may not see the value after you get it, the city navigation has yet to come to the general public and there's not much you get over the AP currently that could be considered a $10K value
Supposedly the subscription option is coming soon, so it might be a better option to try it out first

Reactions: C-Bus Y
the other issue is that you may not see the value after you get it, the city navigation has yet to come to the general public and there's not much you get over the AP currently that could be considered a $10K value
Supposedly the subscription option is coming soon, so it might be a better option to try it out first
That's true. I think I was looking at what it does right now and thought that it had some value. Also, being totally candid, hedging against price increases and believing there's some value to having it "with" the car should I resell privately (though I don't plan on unloading it so quickly.)

As it was mentioned in other posts my understanding is the FSD stays with that vehicle. It would possibly make sense if you could take it with you if and when you purchase another Tesla in the future.

Insurance will pay for FSD and EAP if applicable, if a Tesla is totaled. The did for me.

Good to know on the insurance!

I tend to think the only real reason to buy FSD sooner rather than later is that if/when upgrades are spread to the fleet, the price will go up. However, you'll probably have some notice before it happens if you want to delay obligating those funds until later.

Is the acceleration boost worth the 2000?
My wife has had her 2021 LR Y since December. (I have a 2017 S long range). In driving her LR with no boost accel? Its REALLY close to the S (4.2 0-60 per tesla). This past weekend, before going on a road trip, opted to "test" the acceleration boost for 48hrs.

Lets just say the wife got hooked on the new speed. And we've kept the AB.

I tested it as well. If I had to go strictly by feel? Feels more like 3.9 second 0-60 with a short rollout. Flooring it to pass anyone or flooring it for any reason at all at any speed below say, 65mph? Is...amazing.

My opinion? It was worth it. Havent lined them up, but Im positive her LR Y is now quicker than my S. (im guessing the newer motor tech in her Y also helps)

question:

Does adding FSD before delivery increase the amount (total purchase price) you wire via plaid or does it (difference $10k) hit your credit card linked to your account.

my account still shows 10k guessing it goes to 12 once you take delivery.

Thanks I pick up tomorrow. thx