Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any advice/experience with aftermarket accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been looking for a few quality of life additions to the car and I have been specifically looking for a trunk organizer, a center console storage unit with Qi charging, a cubby and performance pedal covers.

I checked out a few vendors and have been going back and forth about which to order from who.

Trunk Organizer for Tesla Model X

The trunk organizer seems pricey, but of all of the ones I've seen, I think it like it the best.

Performance Pedal Covers for Tesla Owners

The pedals look pretty good (although not as cheap as topfit or other brands on ebay/amazon) but it looks like this might be easier to install from the installation video

Center Console Storage Shelf with Optional Qi Wireless Charger for Tesla Model X

I'm not really sold on this particular design. I think it looks weird having the puck itself visible, and it also doesn't come with a 12V charger, which means it won't charge as quickly. RPMTesla had one that looked pretty good as well. I've seen one from topfit. They all basically look the same with minor differences.

Cubby Compartment for Tesla Model X

The cubby actually doesn't look too bad to me. I was looking at the vegan leather option. They've since removed the handles and only have a semi-circle cutout to pull the cubby out. I actually like that design better as I'd rather just use one finger to open it than grab onto a handle.

I know for sure there are other options out there, but I wanted to see if anyone either had experience with some of these evannex products, or if someone had a particular recommendation for another brand.

Thanks!

5AA1990D-EC0C-4606-8830-7A0929761EE0.jpeg 45508BBE-DBAC-4CFA-969D-D2BA3416BC6B.jpeg 6F059B98-B438-479D-84A6-15490544866F.jpeg 1) trunk organizer I have as that is only one sits flush ( u can get coupon code from them )

2)my car came with Tesla ones so can’t comment

3) don’t like those as they block the cup holders ..I use a skyline dock where OEM is and a pro clip

4) evannex cubbies don’t fit well they actually move on acceleration I use ev amped (rpm drawer is same but $20 cheaper) ...only other good one I used on S was Norms cubby (u PM him on TMC to order)

Last edited:
Reactions: ebfio
View attachment 320707 View attachment 320706 View attachment 320705 1) trunk organizer I have as that is only one sits flush ( u can get coupon code from them )

2)my car came with Tesla ones so can’t comment

3) don’t like those as they block the cup holders ..I use a skyline dock where OEM is and a pro clip

4) evannex cubbies don’t fit well they actually move on acceleration I use ev amped (rpm drawer is same but $20 cheaper) ...only other good one I used on S was Norms cubby (u PM him on TMC to order)

1) how do you get a coupon code? :D
3) I don’t bring drinks into my cars and I have the cup holders on the armrest if I need it. They also seem easy enough to remove if I need to
4) good to know. My main concern with the evamped one is they didn’t update their trim to oak. So I either need to get piano black or have something else that doesn’t quite match. I saw norms cubby and I was considering it. The fitment did not look the best and I don’t like the Tesla handle but it may have changed as I’m not fully caught up on his thread.

Thanks for the info!

• Helpful
  • Love
Reactions: ebfio and skip8jj
1) how do you get a coupon code? :D
3) I don’t bring drinks into my cars and I have the cup holders on the armrest if I need it. They also seem easy enough to remove if I need to
4) good to know. My main concern with the evamped one is they didn’t update their trim to oak. So I either need to get piano black or have something else that doesn’t quite match. I saw norms cubby and I was considering it. The fitment did not look the best and I don’t like the Tesla handle but it may have changed as I’m not fully caught up on his thread.

Thanks for the info!

1) send them email tell them u are going to buy several pieces

3) in that case look at rpm/topfit there is actually review on forums ..I’m waiting for skylines version as they will use the OEM holder for wireless ..in meantime I have their hard wired dock or use the pro clip

4) send email to evamped he can prob do the wood he made changes earlier this year for graphite ..norm has diff designs my S one didn’t have the “T” as I thought looked odd u specify that when ordering from him

• Informative
Reactions: TexasRat
I placed an order with evannex for their trunk cargo organizer and the performance pedals. I'm now leaning towards norm's cubby and possibly thinking about RPMTesla's center console w/ Qi charging mainly because of the package of what it comes with and overall design.

I'll post back when I get a few things in case people are interested in how they turn out.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
So far I have received the pedals and trunk organizer from Evannex. I’m still waiting for the RPMTesla product to ship. I know he said he’s busy on the site, but I found the response/timing of Exannex to be far superior so far. The only reason I didn’t go with Evannex for the console tray shelf was that it was the same price but they only have a USB cable and not the 12V, which is surprising since there’s no way to get high speed charging with just the USB. I would have really thought they’d have adjusted by now.

I could have also gone w/ topfit brand shelf for a lot less, but I didn’t like their coin holder, and I didn’t like topfit etched into the shelf itself. I’ll advertise products if I feel like it, not being forced to :p

I don’t get the RPMTesla one within one more week (what they said I could expect), I will cancel that order and buy a different one.

1) Trunk organizer. I really like it. Nice design and build quality. I think I have most of it figured out and it has quite a bit of room. Worth $99 for sure.

C8374317-8E25-4889-B374-0D31C0154983.jpeg

It has lots of room for chargers, towels, wet wipes for the kids and cleaning, my first aid kits, quick detailer spray and other cleaners I need, microfiber towels and reusable bags. I could squeeze more into this if I need to, but this is nice. Beware of the microfiber towels though. I needed to put the towels into a plastic shoebox because otherwise the Velcro that lines the side and bottom would eat those towels alive.

2) Pedals. I just got done installing them. It took about 5 - 7 minutes to do both. Fingers did hurt afterwards, but it wasn’t too bad. The product was a little damaged on the bottom, which was annoying but not terrible. I’m going to at least let them know they should inspect product before shipping. It’s down there by my feet though, so I don’t think it’s going to matter much. I’ll report back if they do anything about it. Going to go out for a drive to test out the pedals shortly and I’ll report back any issues I find. Honestly, the only issue that could really exist is that it wasn’t installed very well (on me) or it slides on using.

5645A900-573A-4EB2-971C-3D446D33F109.jpeg

10831F12-5E07-4B8D-88CA-4168A4A8C6DD.jpeg

FD4814F1-0743-426C-AC7E-28E4AFDFCEFD.jpeg

Defect that you can easily see up close, but you can also see it installed on the bottom of the brake.

Will report back on the other accessories when I get them.

Just to report back on the pedals. They’re amazing! The accelerator is the pedal that is truly amazing. Because it goes over the existing pedal, it adds much needed area to the pedal, making it a bit larger. With the focus on one pedal driving, the ability to have more control with different parts of my foot is great.

So far, the best update I’ve made to the car!

Reactions: CovertADV
I’m still looking for a cubby to fill the area, and I’m debating between a few options still. I am still considering powdercoating the wheels. Car goes in for tint tomorrow, though I have to see how the heck they’re going to work around the issue on my passenger side FWD. They can’t really keep opening and closing it, as it is causing my PPF to peel. I think they can open it like, once, so I’ll tell them that :p

I’m still looking for a trunk liner for the rear area with the 3rd seats folded and with the seats up. The one that @P85_DA has is actually spot on for what I need, but I really didn’t want to have to glue the Velcro to the back of my carpeted seats in case I decide I don’t like it. Also it sucks that it comes with a frunk mat which I don’t need. However, I may decide on that.

After that, I may have done everything I want to do. Like I said, powdercoating is an option, but the best recommended place in town requires my wheels for a couple of weeks (I guess they’re too busy) and I don’t have a set of loaner wheels, so I don’t know what to do about that yet.

Also mark at RPMTesla reached out to me via text (he’s extremely responsive, kudos to him even on a Sunday!) He’ll be sending me the center console shelf tray so expect an updated review for that soon.

• Love
Reactions: Anzir and P85_DA
How did Mark hear that you were getting frustrated with the wait? Did you reach out to him? I have an order of carbon fiber appliques that I'm still waiting for shipment, 2 weeks after the order.
I texted him and he responded almost immediately. I think he listed his number somewhere else on a post on the tesla forums as well, but @P85_DA sent it to me. I will PM you the number so you can reach out to him as well.

• Love
Reactions: Anzir and P85_DA
Don't waste your money, you know your going to sell that X when the new one comes out.
I might! But it better not have that "spartan" look like rumors have it, otherwise I'm keeping this until the battery just dies :(

Honestly though, there isn't a lot that I'd change about my X right now. I just hope they fix the darn FWD door alignment issues. It's super ghetto to buckle both kids in on one side because I don't want to open the other because it's causing more bubbling on the PPF.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I got the frunk luggage from Oscar and Hamish in the UK. I don’t have my Tessie yet, but I have some luggage that’s custom-designed for her at least. ;) Seems like nice stuff - if you want to buy, send me a note, as I have a referral code that will get you a 10% discount (and which I won’t pimp on the public forums, out of respect for everyone else that isn’t pumping their Tesla referral codes!).

That’s better than a simple organizer for my use case, as we can pack the bags in the apartment, carry them downstairs, and know they’ll fit perfectly.

I got the frunk luggage from Oscar and Hamish in the UK. I don’t have my Tessie yet, but I have some luggage that’s custom-designed for her at least. ;) Seems like nice stuff - if you want to buy, send me a note, as I have a referral code that will get you a 10% discount (and which I won’t pimp on the public forums, out of respect for everyone else that isn’t pumping their Tesla referral codes!).

That’s better than a simple organizer for my use case, as we can pack the bags in the apartment, carry them downstairs, and know they’ll fit perfectly.

Do u have pics of what looks like ?

• Disagree
Reactions: Numonefan
For those interested, Matt from Evannex reached out to me via email because they saw that we were talking about discount codes and he wanted me to share with anyone interested:

"It appears there’s some discussion in the thread regarding discount codes. Therefore, I wanted to pass along a special discount code for others interested in ordering our products. Simply type in:yellowstar— into the “Discount Code” field during checkout and you can receive $10 off any order over $100."

Just figured I'd share here in case people want to save some cash, I know I always appreciate coupon codes :D