Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any advice/experience with aftermarket accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some may think of tint as an accessory, but I think of it as a necessity. But hey, I already started the thread, so let's throw it in here! Just got the car back. I think I may need to have the windshield re-tinted (I think the piece cut was a sliver too short on the passenger side), but it feels SO much nicer.

Before:
post wrap from bespoke.jpg

After:

IMG_0808.jpeg

For those interested, I went with Llumar Stratos 30 on fronts and rears. I did Stratos 15 on the top two windows above the FWD. Llumar Air 90 on the windshield.

Edit: Sigh. after looking at that after pic, I really need to paint my wheels or just buy a new set of matte black or gunmetal :D

Just wanted to update that I received a replacement set of pedals from evannex after sending them pictures of the brake pedal. They apologized for the damage on mine and I had received a replacement within a week. Kudos to them for that! I will open things up and reinstall once I get my car back from service.

Reactions: P85_DA and Anzir
Just wanted to update that I received a replacement set of pedals from evannex after sending them pictures of the brake pedal. They apologized for the damage on mine and I had received a replacement within a week. Kudos to them for that! I will open things up and reinstall once I get my car back from service.

Curious to know why you didn't get the pedals from Tesla itself? Cost or better build?

As another note, I have been thinking about what to do with about protection on the rear cargo mat area + the area with the 3rd row down when I need to haul larger cargo and want to protect the area. I've seen multiple options and I think I have ruled most of them out due to their inflexibility.

Most all-weather mats that cover the area with the 3rd row down are a single piece of material (which is nice when you keep everything down all of the time) which has an issue in the event that I need to carry a passenger in the 3rd row. I don't want to have to keep pulling out my mats (and I have to do it ahead of time since most all-weather mats aren't meant to be rolled up and stored after being installed). Often times I have one 3rd row seat down and one up in my general storage configuration.

There were options like
https://www.amazon.com/Topfit-Front...d=1533960205&sr=1-2&keywords=topfit+cargo+mat

which would allow me to do that, but the material doesn't look like it'd do well with a lot of mud and cleaning. I think it'd do the job just fine, but it won't protect the entire rear area (side walls) if I have to put a lot of cargo in there. Another reason is because of the new design of the model X rear cargo board access panel. They've changed the design to be a leather loop instead of the plastic handle to access the storage area underneath. The fitment looks poor now with products designed for previous model X.

Loop.png

Mats don't sit flush anymore because of the way the leather loop is designed.

I think I've settled on a combination of a 3rd row up (small) cargo mat + a pet cover. I don't have a dog, but I think the pet cover gives me the coverage that I need when I need it. When I don't need it, I'll just fold it up and throw it into my frunk or somewhere else to store.
While there are a few cheaper options, I'm leaning towards the evannex version of the pet carrier because of the way it installs around the 2nd row seats. Topfit made one too, but it seems like it's more of a velcro adhesive on the seat backs as well as the sides. Evannex also does have velcro strips on the sides, but I may not install those.

For reference:
Pet Cargo Cover for Tesla Model X
EVANNEX All-Weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model X (6 Seater)

I've been thinking about the evannex rear cargo mat for 3rd row up because it actually has a slit to allow for accessing the storage below the floor board. This should handle the leather loop better than any other cargo mat out there for now. I understand why Tesla changed the old design to the new leather loop, but it's really annoying because that means that no mat back there will sit flush.

Will report back if I do end up going that route.

I'm expecting my package from RPMTesla to come soon and will write my review on those products as well.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
What exactly is the difference between Evannex's trunk organizer and RPM Tesla's? Evannex's is almost double the price.

I saw a poster mention that the Evannex organizer is the only one that sits flush, but in this youtube video from RPM Telsa it appears that it does sit flush in the bottom space.
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the RPM version is smaller. There aren't as many inserts to create compartments and it seems shorter. I think the RPM one holds less. From the images, it also looks like evannex version has handles on the side, which allows you to carry the whole thing out of the trunk. Those two reasons were why I paid about double.

• Informative
Reactions: CovertADV
I received my RPMTesla center console storage shelf last week and installed it both in the loaner (while I was waiting for my car) and in my car as well. It definitely seems like it is a perfect fit in both, but it slides around less in the new cars since the center console area is now lined with felt. In older models, the lining was plastic, so the plastic shelf/tray slid around during braking and acceleration.

Installation was a breeze, and wireless charging is quite amazing. My Maui Jim sunglasses barely fit in the spare storage area (on the side of the Qi charging side), but it does make it convenient to have my glasses there.

The neoprene back for the charging section is nicer than it looks online. It isn't 100% anti-slip, but it prevents my phone from moving enough such that it is almost always charging. An occasional U-turn or hard turn will make it move a little too much, but adjusting it afterwards is easy enough. It's quite easy to lift in and out, in case I do want to use the area beneath it for storage. I probably will, but I'm not sure how I'm going to go about doing that yet.

Sorry for the crappy photo, but it’s at night so I had to use flash to give an idea of what it looks like, since I figured this post is kind of worthless without a picture.

7278DC06-6308-4648-9E6F-8D59F3FB45B9.jpeg

I've been looking for a few quality of life additions to the car and I have been specifically looking for a trunk organizer, a center console storage unit with Qi charging, a cubby and performance pedal covers.

I checked out a few vendors and have been going back and forth about which to order from who.

Trunk Organizer for Tesla Model X

The trunk organizer seems pricey, but of all of the ones I've seen, I think it like it the best.

Performance Pedal Covers for Tesla Owners

The pedals look pretty good (although not as cheap as topfit or other brands on ebay/amazon) but it looks like this might be easier to install from the installation video

Center Console Storage Shelf with Optional Qi Wireless Charger for Tesla Model X

I'm not really sold on this particular design. I think it looks weird having the puck itself visible, and it also doesn't come with a 12V charger, which means it won't charge as quickly. RPMTesla had one that looked pretty good as well. I've seen one from topfit. They all basically look the same with minor differences.

Cubby Compartment for Tesla Model X

The cubby actually doesn't look too bad to me. I was looking at the vegan leather option. They've since removed the handles and only have a semi-circle cutout to pull the cubby out. I actually like that design better as I'd rather just use one finger to open it than grab onto a handle.

I know for sure there are other options out there, but I wanted to see if anyone either had experience with some of these evannex products, or if someone had a particular recommendation for another brand.

Thanks!
Thanks for the post. I was kind of looking for some organizer for trunk and you seems to find the best :) I always use the tray at the lower position to carry a stroller, so I'm glad this organizer also works with the tray at low. Ordered!

Reactions: TexasRat
Thanks for the post. I was kind of looking for some organizer for trunk and you seems to find the best :) I always use the tray at the lower position to carry a stroller, so I'm glad this organizer also works with the tray at low. Ordered!

I was looking for some good trunk organizer too. But then I just spend 24h with a TX that my local SC lended me and I realize tha I would love to have instead a frunk organizer for all those accessories that I won’t use on a daily basis. Any suggestion? Something similar at this one for the trunk?

Thanks

I was looking for some good trunk organizer too. But then I just spend 24h with a TX that my local SC lended me and I realize tha I would love to have instead a frunk organizer for all those accessories that I won’t use on a daily basis. Any suggestion? Something similar at this one for the trunk?

Thanks
I know RPM Tesla makes one that is a bit smaller that does fit in the frunk. It isn't a tight fit in the trunk, but it should fit. I can test it out for you and let you know if the organizer fits in the frunk. I'll report back later when I have a chance to try it out.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
I don't think it's a great fit for the frunk. I didn't dig it out but I was going through it today as I was detailing the car. For the frunk, I'm using a tesla all-weather mat + a few instant crates that I purchased that collapse down if I need to put things in there.

Reactions: Bogobec
I don't think it's a great fit for the frunk. I didn't dig it out but I was going through it today as I was detailing the car. For the frunk, I'm using a tesla all-weather mat + a few instant crates that I purchased that collapse down if I need to put things in there.

Here is a video showing how the organizer from rpmtesla fit in the frunk.

I would really like to find something like this but shaped to fit perfectly in here. Worst case, I’ll build myself one ;)

Here is a video showing how the organizer from rpmtesla fit in the frunk.

I would really like to find something like this but shaped to fit perfectly in here. Worst case, I’ll build myself one ;)
You may need to build yourself one if you're looking for perfect fit. I'm happy enough with the options that are out there. Honestly I don't like using the frunk too often. I hate that it's the only manually operated thing on the car. The other thing I don't like about it is how it closes. You can really feel that aluminum and although you should be fine closing it with your hands on the proper spots, it just makes me feel like I'm doing to dent my hood regardless.

That being said, I use it, but I prefer the trunk greatly. I love the storage in this car though. It's so amazing. I had to do a run to home depot, h-mart and costco and I was able to fit everything in the back (rear seats folded down) without needing to even use the frunk.

I think a solid trunk organizer would go the distance, imo.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Just wanted to say that my RPMTesla center console storage shelf had one issue over about a month of owning it. The neoprene backing was starting to separate and left a sticky area on the bottom. I emailed RPMTesla and they were very quick with a response. They sent me a new unit and I sent the old one back with a pre-paid postage that I printed out.

Great service! Just wanted to post so people know that they, along with Evannex both stand by their products in my experience.

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy and P85_DA