Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any advise on purchasing a used Tesla from the experts;-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ostrichsak,
MUCH APPRECIATION for that!!! It takes a little pressure off! I just automatically assumed that since this will be my commuter car, the AP2 would make the world of difference! But You’re right! When I test drove a Tesla( it was AP1)& was still an amazing driving car!
Hence, my search will continue but if a car comes across with the facelift that fits my budget, I won’t let the AP2 be a deal breaker, that it has been thus far!
As always THANK You!
Probably goes w/o saying but just make sure you're not paying AP2 prices for an AP1 car and you'll be just fine.

Probably goes w/o saying but just make sure you're not paying AP2 prices for an AP1 car and you'll be just fine.
Ostrichsak,
I appreciate that! But I’ll definitely be running any vehicle by you guys before I pull the trigger!!;-)
I’m almost 100% positive someone posted this vehicle on this thread for me (if so thank you) but I CANNOT find it anywhere!!! They could all be blurring together! But I was sent this vehicle. Listed by Tesla for 49K
What do you guys think?
Photos of 2016 Tesla Model S

Ostrichsak,
I appreciate that! But I’ll definitely be running any vehicle by you guys before I pull the trigger!!;-)
I’m almost 100% positive someone posted this vehicle on this thread for me (if so thank you) but I CANNOT find it anywhere!!! They could all be blurring together! But I was sent this vehicle. Listed by Tesla for 49K
What do you guys think?
Photos of 2016 Tesla Model S

Yes I posted it a few days back, it was 1200 cheaper when I posted, but it looks like it has everything you need. The condition looks good from the photos. I'd snatch it up quick lol.

Yes I posted it a few days back, it was 1200 cheaper when I posted, but it looks like it has everything you need. The condition looks good from the photos. I'd snatch it up quick lol.

What about this one that is in Atlanta?
85 kWh Model S 5YJSA1H15FFP78846 | Tesla

I am also in Atlanta and the folks here were immeasurably helpful when I was nearing the end of my 2015 85D lease and decided I "needed" a 2015 P85D. After suffering through lots of questionable CPO photos, I ended up finding a car that had 90% of what I wanted listed for sale here, which still had 3 years on its CPO (old version) warranty.

Take your time and you should probably stay away from dealerships. As you can see from the response you have gotten, everyone here is helpful.

Good luck.

@RedLoubs&wine, I found the price history of that car here in case you find that interesting. You can change the VIN in this link to check the price history of other CPOs.

This Model S looks OK. It doesn't have the nosecone. It is red. It has the rear facing seats. As a bonus, it has the Hepa filter. It is AP1.0 but AP2.0 starts around $61K which is too much of a price difference and it's not like lots more features will be released for AP2.0. The difference is not that much unless you upgrade to AP3.0.

It's a rear wheel drive car with a similar range to the Model 3 MR. Therefore you could consider buying this one or waiting a little longer for Model 3 MR with AP3.0 for a similar price. As long as you take delivery by 30 June 2019, you get $3,750 in federal tax credits instead of $1,875 for the second half of 2019.

One idea would be to test drive the Model 3 and then decide whether you want to buy this car or a Model 3 MR with AP3.0. If you buy this car, software updates will be less exciting but you said you prefer the looks of this one. Apparently, it is located in Orlando. The car is listed on Tesla's website here.

0CVLVXe.gif

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Seven7 and byeLT4
What about this one that is in Atlanta?
85 kWh Model S 5YJSA1H15FFP78846 | Tesla

I am also in Atlanta and the folks here were immeasurably helpful when I was nearing the end of my 2015 85D lease and decided I "needed" a 2015 P85D. After suffering through lots of questionable CPO photos, I ended up finding a car that had 90% of what I wanted listed for sale here, which still had 3 years on its CPO (old version) warranty.

Take your time and you should probably stay away from dealerships. As you can see from the response you have gotten, everyone here is helpful.

Good luck.
Jmillic
Thank you for that!! That was actually one of the first CPO cars they sent over! It’s was scratches& dented up pretty bad! I posted it on here & was actually below my budget! But I got thumbs down on that one! Lol
I think I like the facelift version of the 2016...which appears to be driving the price up by several thousand according to my Bosnian friend! Ugh!
Much much appreciation again!!

@RedLoubs&wine, I found the price history of that car here in case you find that interesting. You can change the VIN in this link to check the price history of other CPOs.

This Model S looks OK. It doesn't have the nosecone. It is red. It has the rear facing seats. As a bonus, it has the Hepa filter. It is AP1.0 but AP2.0 starts around $61K which is too much of a price difference and it's not like lots more features will be released for AP2.0. The difference is not that much unless you upgrade to AP3.0.

It's a rear wheel drive car with a similar range to the Model 3 MR. Therefore you could consider buying this one or waiting a little longer for Model 3 MR with AP3.0 for a similar price. As long as you take delivery by 30 June 2019, you get $3,750 in federal tax credits instead of $1,875 for the second half of 2019.

One idea would be to test drive the Model 3 and then decide whether you want to buy this car or a Model 3 MR with AP3.0. If you buy this car, software updates will be less exciting but you said you prefer the looks of this one. Apparently, it is located in Orlando. The car is listed on Tesla's website here.

0CVLVXe.gif
Troy
Thank you for this!! I do find the trend quite helpful! The other website you recommended had a graph but nice to see the number so they can be easily pulled up on your phone!
It looks as if it back on the upward swing! Or maybe downward swing! I’m keeping my options open& will stop by the Tesla dealership tomorrow to speak with an advisor & just get all of my options on the table!
I’ll reach out about this one but will also keep an eye out! Otherwise, do you feel as if this 2016 is a decent deal?
As always thanks again!!

Troy
Thank you for this!! I do find the trend quite helpful! The other website you recommended had a graph but nice to see the number so they can be easily pulled up on your phone!
It looks as if it back on the upward swing! Or maybe downward swing! I’m keeping my options open& will stop by the Tesla dealership tomorrow to speak with an advisor & just get all of my options on the table!
I’ll reach out about this one but will also keep an eye out! Otherwise, do you feel as if this 2016 is a decent deal?
As always thanks again!!
Register for email notification from http://www.teslacpo.io/ This will email you the list of cars whenever there is a change in price immediately so you can get one immediately.

Also look at
https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/.

Both will give you a good information about CPO and also price history.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Register for email notification from http://www.teslacpo.io/ This will email you the list of cars whenever there is a change in price immediately so you can get one immediately.

Also look at
https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/.

Both will give you a good information about CPO and also price history.
Oh wow!! Gosh thank you for this!!! I will register immediately!! You guys are awesome!!!;-)

@RedLoubs&wine, I may have what you are looking for. I am looking to sell my Model S as I am moving soon. I bought it as a CPO here in Atlanta...there are still two years left and over 20,000 miles of the fully transferable warranty. The car is perfect. I just did the 50,000 service Tesla suggests (even though it is not at 50K yet), and I just put on rear tires...all totals almost 2,000 dollars in spend in the last month. No autopilot, so you will have to decide the importance of that. It really is a great car that I don't particularly want to part with, but life sometimes gets in the way. Reach out if you want to discuss.

Model S / 2014 / Red - 9534b | Only Used Tesla

Hello! Shopping for my first Model S and I was wondering if they make a S60 and S70 with the Performance package or performance mode? I thought it was only in the 85 but I'm seeing private parties advertising S60 and S70 and saying Performance next to them. Is that an option on those Models?

Hello! Shopping for my first Model S and I was wondering if they make a S60 and S70 with the Performance package or performance mode? I thought it was only in the 85 but I'm seeing private parties advertising S60 and S70 and saying Performance next to them. Is that an option on those Models?
Nope, only 85, 90, and then 100 kWh packs had the P option. There is a lot of misinformation on the internet.