TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any aftermarket solution for a aluminum pedals?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Dockpp, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Dockpp

Dockpp Member

The aluminum pedals have been made exclusive to the P- club! Any other solution?

2. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Somebody asked an interesting question in the other thread, which I never saw answered: Are the metal pedals a stock Mercedes / Daimler-Benz element, much like the column stalks? That would certainly provide an avenue for acquiring them, if so.

3. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

There is THIS, which is awesome... I ordered it from formytesla.com

Attached Files:

4. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Oh yes, that dead pedal is fantastic, as are the sill protectors:

88b85835e711e0c086e8bcd544deaf0e.jpg

5. Dockpp

Dockpp Member

They don't seem to have the brake and accelerator pedals. Only the dead pedal.

6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

That site only appears to sell the dead pedal, not the brake and accelerator pedals.

@JakeP, does the sill protector show scuff marks? Sometimes stainless steel will show wear marks fairly readily (which is why using stainless steel for countertop surfaces in home kitchens is not a good idea, IMHO). But it sounds like you are happy with yours. How long have you had them?

I wish someone made metal sill protectors for the Roadster. The carbon fiber ones are pretty expensive.

7. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

The sill protectors do show scuff marks. I should have covered them with XPel before installation, like I planned to do. But the DIY sill kit I bought from XPel wasn't wide enough, so I skipped it. Too impatient!

The brake and accelerator pedals are from Tesla service, before they stopped selling them to non-P owners.

8. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

I should add that I have only had them for 2-3 weeks. The driver's side isn't scuffed, as I take care not to scuff it myself. They passenger side has a few scuff marks, which would have been avoided had I covered them with Xpel.

9. dkat

dkat New Member

Check out ultimate pedals. http://www.ultimatepedals.com. They made some beautiful pedals for my BMW. I am sure they can make anything you want

10. aviators99

aviators99 Model S - R140

How much are/were they?

11. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Original P pedals from Tesla were 265 installed. Dead pedal was 75, non-illuminated sill covers were 150. There is an LED illuminated version for 200 or so also.

12. Madartist

Madartist Member

Does the dead pedal just snap on? Does it have a decent finish?

13. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Finish is gorgeous, chrome on the curve/right, brushed on the face. Both the dead pedal and sill plates stick on using pre-applied 3M sticky tape. All you do is peel back the protective tape on top, then position and press!

14. aviators99

aviators99 Model S - R140

If you have a P can you order them for "yourself"?

15. svp6

svp6 Member

Jake, those look awesome. Did you get the LED lighted door sills? If yes, how difficult was to install them? I am not particularly handy, but would take on a minor project. On the site they mention installation is based on double-sided adhesive tape - does it work well on the sills?

Thanks

16. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Tape works great on the sills, and the dead pedal. I opted for the non-illuminated sills, because the wiring was a bit more than I wanted to take on. If you have the ambient lighting option, the shiny TESLA letters reflect the downward door LED lights, and cast a TESLA reflection up onto the door...looks very cool. Do put Xpel on them if you want to prevent scratches in the finish from gritty boots.

Aviators99, I would assume that a P owner could order those parts, but then again, I don't see why anyone wouldn't be allowed to order metal pedals. Totally at the whim of Tesla and the individual Service Center, I imagine.

17. mbaier

mbaier Member

I checked with my local tesla service center and this is what I got: Tesla Service does NOT sell performance package contents (spoilers, pedals, seats etc) to non-peformance customers.

Bummer.

18. 0Q991

0Q991 Member

Reviving an old thread--any word on if Tesla makes an aluminum dead pedal? Or is aftermarket still the only way to go?

19. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Aftermarket is still the only option. Aluminum dead pedal not made by Tesla since Founders Series cars, I believe.

20. 0Q991

0Q991 Member

Yikes. Thanks!