Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Architect Owners Out There?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cattledog

Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I suspect the doctors and lawyers will eat our lunch, but just curious if there are any architect owners out there. As the car is this incredible fusion of performance and aesthetics - like our work is supposed to be - I am hoping others were as inspired as I am and jumped in. As a side bit, I understand that some/much of the car was designed on AutoDesk's products. Cheers.

I suspect the doctors and lawyers will eat our lunch, but just curious if there are any architect owners out there. As the car is this incredible fusion of performance and aesthetics - like our work is supposed to be - I am hoping others were as inspired as I am and jumped in. As a side bit, I understand that some/much of the car was designed on AutoDesk's products. Cheers.

No, the number of SW engineers will eat everyone's lunch. :)

Does it count if I designed and built my own passive solar home? While not an architect I am an engineer that frequently gets his hands dirty. The next big project is to add solar power generation to the roof.
Tesla_house.JPG

Does it count if I designed and built my own passive solar home? While not an architect I am an engineer that frequently gets his hands dirty. The next big project is to add solar power generation to the roof.

Ditto. Junior civil engineer here. I too am eager to install a PV system on my property. That will not be for a while though, my upcoming Model S purchase is devouring ANY type of other budget I once had.

My father, the owner of the TESLAs, is an Architect! He has 3 so you can mark that down as 1 or 3 ;-)

He has his own firm in Northeast Ohio.

Oh yeah, and his Grand-Dog is a 3 year old Goldendoodle named Oatie who's can be found on this forum somewhere...

Last edited:
I'm in there being an architect triple TESLA owner/owner-to-be and have a ridgeback kennel! but I am not half as interested in the aesthetics as I am in the whole idea! doing something that breaks the mold and invents where nobody else dares to or even wants to. and by being inventive is also trying to do some good for all of us. that's what I think is great with TESLA and what we can and should do as architects.

Yes I'm an architect. I think that my wifer would prefer i was a software architect.

Seriosly though, very excited about my order and car that I expect to be here in mid march.

(Hey Neal, I finally pushed the button.)