Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any auto park tricks? Mine does not seem to work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have tried to drive slowly on parking lots for back-in parking, but never got the Parking icon. when i manually parked, then the Blue lines show up when i was almost into the parking spot. Rather useless.
Since back in parking does not work, I have not tried parallel parking.
I have FSD. Any trick to make MY recognize the spot better?

Same here. I find that the "Park" icon shows up only every so often, but not anything near reliable enough to use for more than the novelty value. I also find the Tesla easier to park than any other car I've driven, so don't really find it helpful anyway!

Reactions: TM3blu
I have tried to drive slowly on parking lots for back-in parking, but never got the Parking icon. when i manually parked, then the Blue lines show up when i was almost into the parking spot. Rather useless.
Since back in parking does not work, I have not tried parallel parking.
I have FSD. Any trick to make MY recognize the spot better?

I only kept my FSD subscription for 3 months, but I got back-in Auto Park to work consistently in the parking garage at my office.

I found the following helped:
  • Really well-defined solid parking spot lines
  • Pulling closer to the side where there were open spots
  • Having time and patience--because it helped to pull close to the side it would park on, it usually then had to do one "3-point turn" style pull-forward maneuver halfway through the backing in, and that would frustrate a car that was waiting behind you
I usually let it park in the middle spot of at least three empty spots in a row, but at least once it did a good job of parking with an open spot on one side and a car on the other.

(It only offered to parallel-park for me once, and not at an appropriate time, so I can't speak to that.)