Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any AutoPilot competition from other manufacturers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The video is from 2017 so it's bit old. But this is a demo car that Mercedes was apparently showing off at CES. The system is L2 with lane keeping and adaptive cruise control. It uses a touch button on the steering wheel that you touch with your finger to show you are holding the wheel instead of tugging it like Tesla. The nags are frequent, around every 10 seconds.

The only novel feature is that the car will make turns based on map data. So if your turn is coming up, you hit the turn signal and based on the map, the car will automatically slow down and make the turn. But Marques says that it missed a turn when he tried it, probably because the maps were not up to date.

I have been using OpenPilot on my 2013 S85 for 2 years now. I have recently started packaging everything together as an all in one kit which has everything you need to install OP on a pre-AP model S. My kit also includes a comma pedal which has the ability to control the accelerator pedal, so unlike in the video my kit will be able to control the pedal allowing full regen and controlling the following distance in a fairly accurate manner.

What you get: Comma AI's Dev kit consisting of an EON, a white Panda, 2 windshield mounts, assorted USB cables, an EPAS bypass harness for controlling the power steering, and a comma pedal which allows for longitudinal control by controlling the accelerator pedal. All the hardware will come flashed with the latest Tesla version software. All this for $1199.

If you are interested please PM me with your PayPal email address and I'll send you an invoice. I am waiting on a batch of Comma pedals to be delivered on Nov 23rd, and I'll start shipping units a couple days later.

-Ryan

Funny you mention Super Cruise ... just posted this in another thread. Look at what it takes to do one update to Super Cruise:
Super Cruise Increases Compatible Highway Network – TechLink

And the big manufacturers wonder why Tesla is so far ahead .... my Model 3 updates itself while I’m sleeping in my bed.

This isn’t a slam at Cadillac, BTW. I’ve owned several and really enjoyed them. Just that Tesla is a whole different league. Their vertical integration will come to pay massive dividends. Cadillac’s Super Cruise is built of components from their various manufacturers, all of which run different software which need to be qualified and tested.
Ok. That's just down right stupid. Insert additional curse words as needed. Program this, program that. if not this, than that. They don't get it. There are better and easier ways.

My 2016 Volvo XC90 has “PilotAssist” which uses the same MobileEye system as AP1. The system works similar to Autopilot in my MS, although not as refined. Anything more than a slight curve to the road and you have to manually help the system. Also, it won’t change lanes with the blinker.

On the plus side, the system lets you make lane position adjustments with ease and doing so will not disengage PilotAssist

I have been using OpenPilot on my 2013 S85 for 2 years now. I have recently started packaging everything together as an all in one kit which has everything you need to install OP on a pre-AP model S. My kit also includes a comma pedal which has the ability to control the accelerator pedal, so unlike in the video my kit will be able to control the pedal allowing full regen and controlling the following distance in a fairly accurate manner.

What you get: Comma AI's Dev kit consisting of an EON, a white Panda, 2 windshield mounts, assorted USB cables, an EPAS bypass harness for controlling the power steering, and a comma pedal which allows for longitudinal control by controlling the accelerator pedal. All the hardware will come flashed with the latest Tesla version software. All this for $1199.

If you are interested please PM me with your PayPal email address and I'll send you an invoice. I am waiting on a batch of Comma pedals to be delivered on Nov 23rd, and I'll start shipping units a couple days later.

-Ryan
Hi ryan, can you still provide kits for tesla model s 2013?

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow