Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any AWD Deliveries set?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious if any PAWD's got a vin yet. I ordered my first one on 5/20.
My configuration was on 22 May. I did get an email from Tesla telling my my price went down, and a call from my local Sales center a few days ago but no VIN.
I make the speculation that there will be some VIN's assigned within the next few days because there were a couple thousand AWD vins pulled a week or so ago and we saw a Performance Model 3 leaving the outside line when the tent was revealed. It's logical to assume they'd prioritize P's because of the higher GM if nothing else.

This may be wishful thinking.:oops:

Reactions: preilly44
Has anyone been able to backcast an average VIN registration to delivery? My understanding is VINs are often registered well before a car enters production. A couple data points on approximate VIN registration to actual delivery would be interesting. Apologies if I can do this in the tracking spreadsheet, our office doesn't allow Google Docs.

I'm curious if any PAWD's got a vin yet. I ordered my first one on 5/20.

No Vins, but one interesting data point. My friend and I are both S owners and we each reserved on 3/31/2016 @ 10:35 AM in Cleveland. We both were able to configure AWD on May 23. We both originally ordered AWD on 5/23. I then switched mine to PAWD on 5/24. He switched his to PAWD on 6/28.

My car says:
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date

His car says:
Delivery between Aug. '18 - Oct. '18

So I hope that means I'll be getting my car sooner, but it does appear that changing the order really does change your place in line.

Not sure if this helps, but I ordered mine with LR (obviously), AWD, autopilot, PUP on 6/27, modified it on 6/29 (color change which changed the order date, but not delivery range). I called the local service center 7/2 to inquire about Tesla's current financing rates, and when he looked up my reservation number to get my contact info he said "Oh, it looks like they're going to assign your VIN soon. They're just sourcing the parts."

I'm not sure if they just say that to keep us happy, but it worked! Now I'm checking my account page every few hours in hopes of seeing some change.

Not sure if it matters but I am a 4/1 5AM EST depositor, online (some say it still counts towards when you get your car, compared to more recent depositors).

:)
I take it, that means there is no speculation, or data on this ?
There's no official data from Tesla. There are various people with various spreadsheets where they ask people to fill out stats on what they ordered, and I think the current consensus was around 40-45% were AWD. The rest were split fairly evenly between RWD and P, with the P being a couple percentage points higher than the RWD.

No Vins, but one interesting data point. My friend and I are both S owners and we each reserved on 3/31/2016 @ 10:35 AM in Cleveland. We both were able to configure AWD on May 23. We both originally ordered AWD on 5/23. I then switched mine to PAWD on 5/24. He switched his to PAWD on 6/28.

My car says:

His car says:
Delivery between Aug. '18 - Oct. '18

So I hope that means I'll be getting my car sooner, but it does appear that changing the order really does change your place in line.
Non-owner, P/D invite 5/31, 3P ordered 6/5. No VIN yet. Mine is like yours "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date" with no date range.

There's no official data from Tesla. There are various people with various spreadsheets where they ask people to fill out stats on what they ordered, and I think the current consensus was around 40-45% were AWD. The rest were split fairly evenly between RWD and P, with the P being a couple percentage points higher than the RWD.

That figure is way off. Both sheet AWD is 10-12%. RWD takes the majority.

upload_2018-7-7_10-20-20.png
upload_2018-7-7_10-20-44.png

That figure is way off. Both sheet AWD is 10-12%. RWD takes the majority.

View attachment 315264View attachment 315265
ROFL. That's cumulative from the lifetime of the spreadsheet. Of course LR RWD takes the cake. I mean, until May, that's all you could order. How many of those in that sheet that are LR RWD were already filled? That summary tells nothing. You're going to have to create some really nice filters on the data set to figure out what the queue actually looks like.

ROFL. That's cumulative from the lifetime of the spreadsheet. Of course LR RWD takes the cake. I mean, until May, that's all you could order. How many of those in that sheet that are LR RWD were already filled? That summary tells nothing. You're going to have to create some really nice filters on the data set to figure out what the queue actually looks like.
upload_2018-7-7_17-29-52.png

Taken from data with configuration date on/after 6/27 (712 Entries). Pretty close on the AWD, way off on the RWD/Performance breakdown.

• Informative
Reactions: Arpe
View attachment 315344
Taken from data with configuration date on/after 6/27 (712 Entries). Pretty close on the AWD, way off on the RWD/Performance breakdown.
Sure. I had seen multiple estimates within a couple days of the floodgates, and the consensus on AWD was 40-45%, which is what that shows. Since it was only within a couple days, it's possible that the P was the biggest one at the time between RWD and P, and then it waned as everyone put in their P orders quickly (because they all knew they wanted the P from the beginning) and the RWD orders were spaced out as people tried to decide between going for RWD LR now, or wait for RWD SR. Then many people decided to go for RWD LR now, to get the full tax benefit if possible.

Or I just mis-remembered the RWD/P split, which is quite likely.

But there was no way it was going to be an 83% split on new RWD orders. Tons of people were holding out waiting for the AWD.