Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Bay Area End-of-Quarter VINs yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got this text...
Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be delivered between 6/28 - 6/30 and will reach out to schedule your delivery once your Model Y is built.

Please be prepared to take delivery as soon as your Model Y is ready.

No VIN yet .. probably soon

Got this text...
Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be delivered between 6/28 - 6/30 and will reach out to schedule your delivery once your Model Y is built.

Please be prepared to take delivery as soon as your Model Y is ready.

No VIN yet .. probably soon

Got the same text but with 6/25-6/28 window. Just found a VIN 17XXX in my source code at 5am. MSM/White/PUP

I'm in Dublin, and I've receive the same "end of June" text over the weekend as well.
Ordered on 5/22. LR AWD/white/white/20" induction/no FSD.

I'm cautiously optimistic but at the same time very doubtful of their promise to deliver by end of the month.
No VIN or MVPA in my account yet.

I'm beginning to doubt I will get an end-of-quarter rush Model Y. Dropped by Walnut Creek Tesla showroom over the weekend and spoke to a gentleman who looked like the manager. I was basically told that the text message I got was meant to encourage people to finish their paperwork to get in line for a "chance" to get the Model Y before end of June. So he basically told me don't expect to get a Model Y till end of July. Happy me. But still congrats to everyone who were able to get their hands on one before end of June!

I'm beginning to doubt I will get an end-of-quarter rush Model Y. Dropped by Walnut Creek Tesla showroom over the weekend and spoke to a gentleman who looked like the manager. I was basically told that the text message I got was meant to encourage people to finish their paperwork to get in line for a "chance" to get the Model Y before end of June. So he basically told me don't expect to get a Model Y till end of July. Happy me. But still congrats to everyone who were able to get their hands on one before end of June!
Not sure I'd trust a showroom statement from someone who "looked like the manager." This would also cause the 8-12 week estimate from order to delivery to be off by 4 weeks. More importantly, Tesla wants lots of deliveries before 7/1. (And most of us ordered well before the start of May, when the 4-8 week estimate was posted on the order page.)

Don't be discouraged. Yet. (I'm in the "Your MY is expected for delivery between 6/23 and 6/25" but have no VIN yet.)

It's just luck of the draw. Some who ordered yesterday got their car today. Others who ordered on day one haven't heard a thing.

No one knows how deliveries get assigned. All we can do is cross our fingers. It sucks, especially if you're trying to sell your existing car or get out of a lease. I'd love to sell my Model 3 before its registration is due (August), but I don't really think I will be able to.

Finally VIN in the source code. Sadly VIN is in the 11K range, which makes me think is a previously refused VIN.

We’ll see, I tend not to think negative but with all the build and QC problems and now a lower VIN I'm already thinking not taking it.

Go into the delivery with an open mind. It's not necessarily a return/reject.

Tesla logistics has a certain amount of "moves" from the factory to the ultimate delivery center. For example, from the factory to Southern California, there are 3 moves (Factory -> Intermediary Off-Site Lot 1 -> Off-Site Lot 2 -> Delivery Center). For efficiency, Tesla has central off-site locations all across the nation and the cars go there by truck and rail. The cars are then matched/routed from there.

Maybe your Config was being held at an offsite location and then trucked to your final location. That process can take weeks as evidenced by many delivery reschedules that others here have experienced. It's also possible that the car was bound for a buyer in a bordering state (for example), who decided last minute to delay their delivery until Q3, and the car has been re-matched to you.

If you're really that concerned: Call the delivery center and ask the background of the car. When was the manufactured date? Where is it currently? Was it refused? You'll be surprised by what they can share.

Go into the delivery with an open mind. It's not necessarily a return/reject.

Tesla logistics has a certain amount of "moves" from the factory to the ultimate delivery center. For example, from the factory to Southern California, there are 3 moves (Factory -> Intermediary Off-Site Lot 1 -> Off-Site Lot 2 -> Delivery Center). For efficiency, Tesla has central off-site locations all across the nation and the cars go there by truck and rail. The cars are then matched/routed from there.

Maybe your Config was being held at an offsite location and then trucked to your final location. That process can take weeks as evidenced by many delivery reschedules that others here have experienced. It's also possible that the car was bound for a buyer in a bordering state (for example), who decided last minute to delay their delivery until Q3, and the car has been re-matched to you.

If you're really that concerned: Call the delivery center and ask the background of the car. When was the manufactured date? Where is it currently? Was it refused? You'll be surprised by what they can share.

Thanks for giving me a little encouragement. I sent an email to my advisor asking some of those questions.

I’m just 15 mins away from the factory so the possibility of distance and delay would not make much sense unfortunately. I hope that my advisor come back soon with some information but at the same time I think will not to give details to avoid rejection of that VIN.

For those who have taken delivery, how are you contacting Tesla to fix panel alignment issues? Scheduling a service from the app just tells me that they can't do this kind work via mobile service. Are you calling the service centers? How are you uploading pictures?

I've pretty much given up hope at this point. One more week in the quarter and if you've not gotten a VIN yet, you're probably out of luck.

I feel the same way. I understand the quarter end rush, but getting a text "expect your delivery by end of June" and then no update whatsoever afterwards is quite frustrating to say the least. I would've been more than happy to wait for my place in the queue instead of getting my hopes up for nothing.

Reactions: jimmym1981
I feel the same way. I understand the quarter end rush, but getting a text "expect your delivery by end of June" and then no update whatsoever afterwards is quite frustrating to say the least. I would've been more than happy to wait for my place in the queue instead of getting my hopes up for nothing.
Don't give up hope. But expect your pickup on the last day or two of June to lack, um, the personal touch.

It's really hard to wait, however things can happen really fast! Don't give up, they want the numbers for end of Quarter.
On Sunday 06/21 text to expect delivery 06/25-06/28, no vin. Monday night (11pm, I know because I was checking a vin like a mad man) vin in source, Tuesday 6/23 text to take deliver on Thursday 6/25. I am in Vancouver.
My thoughts are they are getting all the West Coast done, I would think the same will happen to you, just closed to month end.
Hang in there!!!

Reactions: rxlawdude