TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any baya area 'end of quarter' purchasers looking to insall a NEMA 14-50 outlet?

Discussion in 'California' started by Alamo32, Oct 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alamo32

Alamo32 Member

I picked up my 75D at the factory yesterday, after taking a factory tour. What a great day!
    I found a gentleman (an electrical engineer) that works nights managing a Data Center, and he does random electrical jobs during the day to make some extra $$. With all the crazy prices I've heard about getting a NEMA 14-50 installed in garages, I thought I'd share this with info any new Bay Area Tesla buyers. He came out on Wednesday to look and see what he needed, gave me a price of $200 for his labor, plus whatever the materials will cost him. He came back yesterday (Friday) to do the work, installed a new 50 amp breaker, along with 30 feet of #6 copper wire in conduit in my garage. He showed me his Home Deport receipt, which came to $135. Bottom line is, the whole job cost $335!! He is a licensed electrician, and he is very professional and conscientious of the work he does. I helped a bit pulling wires through the conduit towards the end of the job. The whole thing probably took around 2-3 hours. If anyone in the Bay Area is looking for a NEMA 14-50 installed in your garage for an incredible price, look no further. I told him i was so pleased with his work and professionalism that i would post this for him on the Tesla board to see if i could drum of some more work for him. PM me if you'd like his name and number. I live in the East Bay, and he travels around the bay area.

• Like x 4
    • Helpful x 2
  2. joebiker25

joebiker25 Member

Wish I had known before I installed my outlet for more than twice that much $. Please send me his contact info for the future.
    Thanks
    Joe

3. speedygonzalez

Damn! I just paid $1790 (including a $500 permit fee) to install mine!

4. bareyb

bareyb Active Member

I think I paid $1800.00 for mine. 3 years ago.... :eek:

5. sunilsf

sunilsf Member

Can you PM me his info? I don't need anything yet, but later this quarter or early next year.
    Thanks.

6. Birdcar

Birdcar Member

Could you PM me his info ? I like to install a NEMA 14-50. Thanks

7. frebay

frebay Member

Can you please please pm me his info. Thank you!

8. CW Lee

CW Lee Member

Please PM me his info, too.
    Thanks a lot.

9. TSLADream

TSLADream Member

Please PM me his contact info. I'm interested too.

10. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Looks like this guy might be able to quit his day job and install 14-50's for a living. If not just yet, at least when the Model 3 comes out.

11. augkuo

augkuo Member

please send me his name and number as well! Thanks - friend in Lafayette needs an install

12. Oceanwolf

Oceanwolf Oceanwolf

The two contractors that I called did not provided any quotes. I did the work myself, pulled the permit and with one failure I got my approval. If I had known it would cost me $200 for the labor, I would definitely go with that.

13. liuj2001

liuj2001 Member

Are you talking about Arik? If not, then he is another great electrician, who only charges me $200 for everything (labor + material) to install NEMA 14-50.

• Like x 1
  14. leletyM3

leletyM3 Member

PM me info! Thanks

15. yankl

yankl New Member

Can someone please PM me this electrician's info? Thanks

16. dmode

dmode Member

I am looking as well. Can you PM me his info. Thanks.

17. speedygonzalez

A friend in SF would like someone to install an outlet for her Leaf - please PM info. Thanks.

18. flying_things

flying_things Member

Could you PM me the info as well? Thanks!

19. iceman747

iceman747 Member

Did any of you end up pulling permits for his work? Trying to decide if I want to go that route or not and if that'd be an issue.

20. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

Can he file permits? The need for legal and insured installation is the only reason I paid a lot for an electrician to come out. I would have done better work myself, quite frankly.