Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Canadian Tesla Model S for less than 45-50k ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

First of all, I am new to this forum and I’m very excited for everything there’s to see on this forum.

All right, let’s go straight to the subject!

I live in Canada, more specifically in Montreal, Quebec and I’ve been wondering something for a while. Why is it possible to find some used Model S at 36k on Tesla’s websites, but only available in the US! I understand that they are made there and that they can have some importation fees, but if you convert 36k USD to CAN, you get approximately 47k CAN. Why are they sold for 65k CAN? I’m now wondering, is there anyone here that is actually selling a Model S for that price range, here, in Canada? I’m pretty young and already want to transfer the passion I have for Tesla to everyone around here!

Thank you very much,

Francis Forget

Bonjour Francis,

il est peu probable que tu trouves une Tesla dans ton range de prix... Moi, j'ai une S85 2013 avec suspension à air, tech package, sub zero pack, toit pano. Elle a 185,000 km au compteur! Roule toujours comme une neuve! C'est la beauté des VÉ - ne coûte rien en réparation et dure, comme neuve, très, très longtemps. J'en suis 100% satisfait, et crois moi, je ne la vendrais jamais dans ces prix! 60k oui, 47k jamais!

Il y a eu toute une saga relative au taux de change, mais aussi tu dois inclure les frais d'importation, ainsi que certains ajustements faits à la voiture because nos normes ne sont pas les mêmes...

Si tu as des questions, n'hésite pas - frederikboivin at hot mail dot com ...

Bonjour Francis,

il est peu probable que tu trouves une Tesla dans ton range de prix... Moi, j'ai une S85 2013 avec suspension à air, tech package, sub zero pack, toit pano. Elle a 185,000 km au compteur! Roule toujours comme une neuve! C'est la beauté des VÉ - ne coûte rien en réparation et dure, comme neuve, très, très longtemps. J'en suis 100% satisfait, et crois moi, je ne la vendrais jamais dans ces prix! 60k oui, 47k jamais!

Il y a eu toute une saga relative au taux de change, mais aussi tu dois inclure les frais d'importation, ainsi que certains ajustements faits à la voiture because nos normes ne sont pas les mêmes...

Si tu as des questions, n'hésite pas - frederikboivin at hot mail dot com ...

• Hello Francis,.

It is unlikely that you find a Tesla in your price range... I have a 2013 S85 with tech package, sub zero pack, pano roof, air suspension. She has 185,000 km on the clock! Still running like new! That's the beauty of EV - costs nothing under repair and hard, like new, very, very long time. I am 100% satisfied, and believe me, I would never sell in these prices! 60 k Yes, 47 k ever!

There was a whole saga on the exchange rate, but also you have to include import charges, as well as some adjustments made to the car because our standards are not the same...

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate - frederikboivin at hot mail dot com...

If I were you...and I am not. I would have someone I know in the states buy a Tesla on my behalf and title it in the states. Canada recognizes US titled vehicles as we do theirs. Drive it around with Vermont Plates, or wherever you see fit.

Another option is to maybe look into Montana vehicle ownership via LLC.