Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Canadian VIN assignments?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's good news (although that could be caching if old info). About 15 mins ago I was telling my wide (both of us are software developers) that most likely it's a software fault of some sort.

Anyway, gave me an excuse to ask my DA about delivery dates a few days earlier than I'd planned on asking.

But no reason, delivery dates are set and VIN disappears. When they set the confirmed delivery date, the car shall be at the place ready to be delivered.

I wonder if anyone is still here with the VIN. Anyone?

If the VINs disappeared for _everyone_ then it could be just software. Otherwise it could be re-shuffling of some sort.
P.S. Adding stuff to shopping cart didn't restore my VIN.
P.P.S. - even if it did, this wouldn't mean anything. The fact the VIN field is a key linking two different SQL DB tables to associate your shopping with your car(s) means nothing in terms of your car delivery. This would be very strange otherwise.

I wonder if anyone is still here with the VIN. Anyone?

If the VINs disappeared for _everyone_ then it could be just software. Otherwise it could be re-shuffling of some sort.
P.S. Adding stuff to shopping cart didn't restore my VIN.
P.P.S. - even if it did, this wouldn't mean anything. The fact the VIN field is a key linking two different SQL DB tables to associate your shopping with your car(s) means nothing in terms of your car delivery. This would be very strange otherwise.

Someone said their VIN is hybrid disappeared . it appear on 2nd page (after click manage) not the 1st one..

For everyone, no panic, this is for sure a system glitch . Last 5 digits of our VIN , still shows at Shopping checkout page while trying to add an HWPC.
yes~that's right
check this pic you might find yours
InkedTesla _ Billing and Shipping_页面_1_LI.jpg
InkedTesla _ Billing and Shipping_页面_1_LI.jpg

...on another thread someone verified that this is a new Tesla policy. VIN number will only appear once within 7 days of confirmed delivery date. The VIN is still assigned... looks like they haven't done anything about removing it from the ordering process for the charger.

They were probably getting so many calls from people asking why they haven't been assigned a VIN or that they have a VIN but no delivery call yet --- a huge waste of their time that should be spent on coordinating the deliveries, not answering calls on VIN questions.

...on another thread someone verified that this is a new Tesla policy. VIN number will only appear once within 7 days of confirmed delivery date. The VIN is still assigned... looks like they haven't done anything about removing it from the ordering process for the charger.

They were probably getting so many calls from people asking why they haven't been assigned a VIN or that they have a VIN but no delivery call yet --- a huge waste of their time that should be spent on coordinating the deliveries, not answering calls on VIN questions.

My guess as well. However, maybe a simple blanket email once you get the VIN......i never even got that.

Reactions: noicepls