Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Canadian VIN assignments?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The one reported Canadian VIN is listed as VIN number 91031 which is not really plausible since the highest VINs reported so far are in the 20xxx range. 91xxx is way too high. The highest registered VINs are in the 3xxxx range if I remember correctly. So it definitely seems fishy.

And to add to that, no configuration date listed in the row -- so more than likely someone entering incorrect information -- I'd guess it's the last 5 digits of their reservation number...(or a prank).

Highest VIN for Model 3 according to Model 3 VINs (@Model3VINs) | Twitter is 33719 as of May 5, 2018 at 22:33 eastern time.

When I talked to a delivery adviser in the Toronto Lawrence SC on Monday (April 30th), he stated that no Canadian VINs had been assigned that he was aware of. He also suggested that I should plan a trip to Toronto in early June to pick up my Model 3 (i.e. set aside a weekend or two now). I am of course hoping for a bit earlier, as early June would put me into week 9, 10 or 11 since configuration.

The recurring theme I keep hearing from others on Facebook, and my own call to Tesla HQ call centre, that they stand by the 4-8 week estimate given at the time of order. Early June would put first-round people past that. At this point it's all speculation and wishful thinking, and something to pass the time between my next VIN check! Speaking of which...

Where did they say your delivery location would be, Toronto? Im in Ottawa, just wondering.
Cars arrive in Toronto and can be picked up there or you can request it be shipped to Ottawa which will take a few days to arrange a carrier transport.
I am in Ottawa.
I would think that they would wait for enough cars to fill a truck and then ship.

Reactions: Liquidmetal101
Cars arrive in Toronto and can be picked up there or you can request it be shipped to Ottawa which will take a few days to arrange a carrier transport.
I am in Ottawa.
I would think that they would wait for enough cars to fill a truck and then ship.
I heard from Montreal staff that there might be a delivery hub in Ottawa since “a lot” of Model 3 orders are coming from Ottawa.

Reactions: Liquidmetal101