Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Canadians receive the update V7 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still don't have 7.0, but just out of curiosity, with all the other useful info they stripped out of the power meter, does it still have that dotted line to let you know?

For some reason, they removed the units on the Y-axis. It does still have the dotted line showing your average over the distance selected and the line for "Rated" consumption.

EDIT: I'm referring to the widget on the center dash here.

For some reason, they removed the units on the Y-axis. It does still have the dotted line showing your average over the distance selected and the line for "Rated" consumption.

EDIT: I'm referring to the widget on the center dash here.
My question was a followup to the last person's note about not being able to tell if you are regen limited. is that indicator still present on the new app?

My question was a followup to the last person's note about not being able to tell if you are regen limited. is that indicator still present on the new app?

Sorry, I confused Power Meter with the Energy Meter. On my old non-AP car, the round dial in the middle is pretty much the same, complete with power and regen limit lines.. I hear that it is gone (or replaced by an optional widget) on AP cars.

Here's how mine looks now....classic 60...
20151019_104620.jpg
20151018_090910.jpg

Here are my thoughts on current 7.0....

- I really like driver display, looks great
- Centre display is ok, I like the browse always on for full screen media, not sure I like the rigid buttons
- maps might populate a bit quicker
- climate gets to temp noticeably quicker, maybe could shorten pre-heat times?
- range/battery and odometer should swap locations for sure
- slacker was buffering crazy fast for me, not sure if its improved or just coincidence
- I'd like at least the option to show time, date, temp on driver display, ditto for trip AB info
- one touch lock/unlock is a good idea

The other thing is my power and regen meters appear to go higher than before, although I couldn't bring them up to the max either way while driving. these improvements were rumoured for the 60's, but they don't seem to be happening yet. I can still only get to 240 power and 60 regen, but it looks like the meters go higher.

Sorry, I confused Power Meter with the Energy Meter. On my old non-AP car, the round dial in the middle is pretty much the same, complete with power and regen limit lines.. I hear that it is gone (or replaced by an optional widget) on AP cars.

Yeah, I also have the "old" non AP car, and was expecting that new power widget along with the clock, but that I guess only pops up when the center display is taken over with the auto pilot, so we dont get that extra widget. and yeah, Canada, got the update 3 days ago.

Downloaded Thursday evening while I was on an airplane. Installed when I got back. A few oddities:

The light ring on the charge port changed behaviour. It had broken recently and showed various weird/mixed colors, now it's showing green a lot instead of the mixed colours.

On a few occasions, after the upgrade, the window on the passenger door failed to roll back up when the door closed. Didn't happen today though so we will keep an eye on it.

Moving the PRND display was a bit disconcerting; I keep looking around for it.

I miss the date display. A little thing but I used it occasionally. Bad idea to remove stuff from a user interface, especially when MORE information would be useful. (How about tire pressures?)

HVAC definitely feels different. Calibration on temperature control seems a couple of degrees cooler. Fan runs less, which may be a problem in winter conditions; we'll see what happens in a few months.

Jury is still out. Certainly not as big a deal as for the autopilot-equipped cars.

I love the new flat UI. Looks modern. All major software vendors have already quit the skeuomorphic design. It was about time!

I find this whole thing interesting. To me, it seems "old fashioned"... the way software used to look before processors became powerful enough to make it look appealing.

But the fact is, I spend a lot of time looking at the car's UI and now I feel like I've had something taken away from me that was there when I bought the car. Sure... I like the idea of feature enhancement, but to change the whole look and feel is over the top in my mind. I really think Tesla should have introduced "skins" with the different UI designs similar to what other auto makers have done. Certain Cadillacs have 4 "skins" the user can select for the dash UI.

Moving the PRND display was a bit disconcerting; I keep looking around for it.

I miss the date display. A little thing but I used it occasionally. Bad idea to remove stuff from a user interface, especially when MORE information would be useful. (How about tire pressures?)

1. Agreed on the date display. I liked having it there.
2. Are the tire pressures available from the sensors? Some have said that the sensors in the earlier cars provide only "ok"/"not ok". Some have said that they've seen tire pressure info on a diagnostic service screen. Which is correct?
3. I think I figured out the rationale for moving the P R N D indication. It's now in line with the stalk for selecting the "drive mode". So maybe for those new to the car this will make more sense. Much like they changed the turn signal stalk on newer cars - makes much more sense, but initially causes confusion when coming from one of the older cars.

2. Are the tire pressures available from the sensors? Some have said that the sensors in the earlier cars provide only "ok"/"not ok". Some have said that they've seen tire pressure info on a diagnostic service screen. Which is correct?

My understanding is that the full information is available. This understanding was achieved by watching a tech reset my TPMS back in the days when you couldn't do the winter/summer change yourself.

3. I think I figured out the rationale for moving the P R N D indication. It's now in line with the stalk for selecting the "drive mode". So maybe for those new to the car this will make more sense. Much like they changed the turn signal stalk on newer cars - makes much more sense, but initially causes confusion when coming from one of the older cars.

I'll get used to it. Often when you make a UI change because it is needed or just makes sense, previous users have a hard time making the transition, but new users love it. I've had this experience with some application software that we make.

New 7.0 Software update

Personally, I don't like it. I got mine last Friday and the thing that bothers me the most is when in NAV mode, the lane indication icon when active, covers the charge icon in the lower left of the dashboard. Dumb!
I have to press the charge icon on the Macbook Pro 17" screen to see how much charge I have left. What idiot at Tesla came up with this?
I don't like the buttons either. Too plain. Looks like IOS 9 on an Apple Device.
I also was looking for larger phone buttons on the screen so when dialing and driving, one doesn't make a mistake.
This should have been a priority for safety reasons.