Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Canadians receive the update V7 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my update today! Happened to drop by Tesla Service today to pick up a new set of TPMS for my winter tires and asked them about the update. They recommended doing a reset by pushing down both scroll-wheel buttons and leaving the car in a place with good wi-fi or 3G access. I got the update about an hour or two later over 3G.

Just did a quick test on the Don Valley Parkway and the car did try to automatically take an exit once and sometimes drove a bit closer beside other cars than I am usually comfortable with (as was mentioned elsewhere on the forums) but otherwise it worked flawlessly. It will probably take a little more experience with it and maybe some refinements to the autosteer before giving it more trust but it was pretty exciting! I wasn't able to get the autopark to work either in my short 30-45 min test drive tonight...

One oddity I did notice though, and maybe it's adjustable somewhere, but the car status display showed my tire pressure in bar... I would prefer PSI, but I didn't see a setting for that, is it tied to km vs miles? I hope not!

...it is...and 'bar' seemed less precise than PSI when I toggled between the two.
I had an extra decimal that showed different values between tires in PSI, but all 4 tires values were the same in 'bar'.

Why use Bars rather than kPa? Isn't 1 bar = 100 kPa? Let's give Blaise his props!

- - - Updated - - -

I called Tesla in California 1 877 798-3752 and the tech I spoke with sent a request to the appropriate department to push it to my 2013 P85. All he needed was the last 6 digits of my VIN #. I received the download two hours later. I did the same last May and this does work.
I am going to have to do the same as I am still waiting.

Zero 3G issues for me. I continue to suspect it has at least something to do with 3G coverage in your area. Hopefully the LTE upgrade will help.

Two things about that: the 3G performance in my area is wildly variable: excellent on some days, bad on others. The other is that 3G issues in Canada have been noted that don't seem to happen in the US. You've been lucky, I suppose.

I'm lucky to be able to get LTE now. I'd do it anyhow but if it doesn't solve the problem (V 7 was supposed to, I've heard), more inquiries will be necessary. (I can't leave for work without knowing just how clogged the nearby highway is.) Meanwhile, it's probably going to take 2+ days to get routine work done at Mississauga.

I'd do it anyhow but if it doesn't solve the problem (V 7 was supposed to, I've heard), more inquiries will be necessary. (I can't leave for work without knowing just how clogged the nearby highway is.)
Well... I've been on 7 for 6 days now, and my 3G connection is often (but not always) nonexistent for about 5 or so minutes after driving off. I haven't cared enough yet to go "always connected", but maybe I'll try that just for giggles.

Two things about that: the 3G performance in my area is wildly variable: excellent on some days, bad on others. The other is that 3G issues in Canada have been noted that don't seem to happen in the US. You've been lucky, I suppose.

I have been lucky, I suppose, but it might just be because of where I drive. I mentioned to you the other night that when I was touring around the Niagara region a few weeks ago that I kept losing connectivity or (actually worse) dropping back to Edge service, signified by the E symbol where the 3G symbol should be. It is beyond painfully slow when on Edge service.

I still didn't have the update today so I called and they had me reboot the screen and they queued it up again. Within an hour I got the upgrade message and it is installing now.

edit - It seemed to install ok last night but I haven't driven my car since.

Last edited:
Well... I've been on 7 for 6 days now, and my 3G connection is often (but not always) nonexistent for about 5 or so minutes after driving off. I haven't cared enough yet to go "always connected", but maybe I'll try that just for giggles.

I'm in Victoria too and "Always Connected" isn't. I haven't noticed any improvement at all with any software update. As you describe, there have been times that service has just dropped out for minutes at a time. It's pretty funny watching the arrow on the map sail out into the ether, as you go many km past the end of the map before it updates again.

I had my "ambient lights" stop working. But they seem to have come back again sometime after rebooting the touchscreen. Also had some weirdness with the passenger door window after upgrading. Aside from those temporary glitches, it seems to be working okay. But aside from the new look there isn't anything much in the way of new functionality for "classic" owners.

I'm not sure about the new HVAC programming. It tends to blow cold air at you when you first get into the car. Then once it warms up the fan level might be too low. We'll see how it performs when we get into winter conditions.

I'm not sure about the new HVAC programming. It tends to blow cold air at you when you first get into the car. Then once it warms up the fan level might be too low. We'll see how it performs when we get into winter conditions.

My HVAC comes on initially hot, but with the fan speed at 2 or maybe 3. not nearly high enough. It feels like there is an electric baseboard heater under the dash as the heat just seems to rise out of there by convection. I usually bump the fan speed up manually to get some circulation and to spread the heat around the car. Then, after a half hour or so, it starts getting cold. Definitely not working well, except for the fact that the temperature setpoint seems somewhat more realistic and closer to reality.