Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any cars delivered without premium package or uHI-Fi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has any Model X been delivered without the premium package or the upgraded sound system? My order locks in the 13th of april and I have ordered without these options.

I wonder how the car looks like without the fog lights?

Also would be nice if somebody is able to compare sound from Model S to Model X without the upgraded sound system, or compare without to with the package.

sukhi, how do you like the sound? Have you compared it to the Model S standard system or a Model X with the upgraded hi-fi?

@KristianW. I saw no difference compared to the standard Model S system. I have not compared it with an upgraded system but here are my 0.02 cents. The sound system is good enough and frankly given the above average cabin noise in Model X, I am not sure a better sound system is going to be of much use.

@KristianW. I saw no difference compared to the standard Model S system. I have not compared it with an upgraded system but here are my 0.02 cents. The sound system is good enough and frankly given the above average cabin noise in Model X, I am not sure a better sound system is going to be of much use.
I also opted out of the upgraded sound system. In my Model S, I have the UHFS (March 2014, if it changed since then). I always regretted getting it, because I didn't think it made much of a difference, especially for the price. Plus, I lost a rear "cubby" to the subwoofer. So I opted out. Yesterday while driving the X, I was thinking how I probably should have upgraded. The sound quality is fine, but it's not great. I don't think it compares favorably to my S.

That said, I think if you care, the money's probably better spent on an aftermarket system. At least 50% of my listening is podcasts/audiobooks/news.. so there's not a lot of benefit there anyway.

Reactions: vrykolas
I also opted out of the upgraded sound system. In my Model S, I have the UHFS (March 2014, if it changed since then). I always regretted getting it, because I didn't think it made much of a difference, especially for the price. Plus, I lost a rear "cubby" to the subwoofer. So I opted out. Yesterday while driving the X, I was thinking how I probably should have upgraded. The sound quality is fine, but it's not great. I don't think it compares favorably to my S.

That said, I think if you care, the money's probably better spent on an aftermarket system. At least 50% of my listening is podcasts/audiobooks/news.. so there's not a lot of benefit there anyway.

Same here. 90% of time my radio is tuned into NPR and the base sound system it perfectly fine for "This American Life" :)

Reactions: vrykolas