Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any cars without the premium interior package?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone take delivery of a car without the premium interior package? I could live without the additional functions it offers and would actually prefer not to have the perforated seats (easier to keep clean), but I worry about how it affects the look of the exterior and interior. The configurator is not very specific on what to expect in this regard.

Have been wondering the same here in California. Haven't seen any mention of a delivery or scheduled delivery on the forums yet. I'm waiting for a X90 no PUP, no AP. VIN 26XX. Good to hear from a fellow Swede. ( Swedish American here ) Hopefully in the next few weeks.

Never was much interested in AP and never went for a test drive. It's always seemed like a toy to me that I'm best off not relying on. Since the car is already set up for it, I could always add it later if I feel the need and have money to burn. I don't think I'm likely to get tired of driving this car myself for a while. As far as PUP goes, I didn't think there was anything there that I really wanted for $4500. I don't like the look of the suedy looking dashboard material , although I have not seen the standard non-premium so I hope I like it. I actually did not want the auto front doors as it seemed like a extra gadget that I might only have problems with and don't really need. I just don't see any value in the PUP. What's your opinion?

My purchasing of the packages to some extent was similar to other purchase decisions I make on objects that I will someday resell. The Premium can't be added later but the AP can. If you don't have a commute on a congested 50+mph road or don't drive long trips on interstates then you probably wouldn't use AP much and if you wanted it later it's only $3k so that one is easy. I did have a tough time with whether to get the PUP because it's really $7k if you don't plan on getting the leather seats. In the end, I also added UHFS audio package too and spent a lot more than I originally planned. Check out youtube vids for Autopilot with searches like "Tesla autopilot", "Tesla autosteer", "Tesla auto pilot". Everyone LOVES it. Even my wife who thinks she WON'T like it saw a clip on the news last night about the auto lane change feature and I could see a sparkle in her eye about using it. She gets nervous when changing lanes.
The doors definitely seem to have some issues but the auto present features can be turned off. There's nothing wrong with saving money and not buying all the upgrades though. For me, I would probably still buy AP and NOT buy Ludicrous if the prices were switched! AP is going to be AWESOME!!!!