Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any chance for a sunroof option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is being pretty picky, but has anyone heard if the cybertruck will offer the ability to have a sunroof option? It seems like Tesla is trying to get away from an opening top in preference for all-glass (don't see the sunroof option on any of the vehicles anymore), but I do like feeling the breeze when cruising.

This is being pretty picky, but has anyone heard if the cybertruck will offer the ability to have a sunroof option? It seems like Tesla is trying to get away from an opening top in preference for all-glass (don't see the sunroof option on any of the vehicles anymore), but I do like feeling the breeze when cruising.

They have taken the sunroof option away from the only vehicle that ever had one, so I would say no.

It’s just another complication to manufacturing and maintenance. Tesla does not want to be in the sunroof business.

There were a ton of folks that had issues with leaky sunroofs (especially, the earlier Model S). I use mine once in a blue moon. I agree with JBee, I'll gladly give up a sunroof for no annoying aero effects (whistling), sealing issues and improved structural integrity.

I do love have a sunroof in my MS. And I’m with you on having it as an option. But, it’s not a smooth operator as any of my other vehicles so I am guessing they haven’t perfected it and think of it as a non deal breaker in the long term. Sad especially for us in extremely sunny states.
Maybe if we constantly keep asking for them on Twitter . . 😛😎 Haha